Lumberton has gone VIRAL

There is the internet and cameras everywhere.  That technology factors into everything.  What once was local backwoods stuff can go International in seconds.  Perception is reality.  Somebody out there puts the wrong spin

on this incident and...reputations can be ruined, to say the least.

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That really looks a lot more embarrassing on video than I thought it would be based on what I read on the other thread.   

Ditto, this was truly shocking to see on video. I totally understand playing stall-ball using 4-corners or another similar type of offense, but this is straight up cowardly. Lumberton's coach probably isn't embarrassed using these tactics based on what I've read about him on here, but he definitely should be. 

2 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Ditto, this was truly shocking to see on video. I totally understand playing stall-ball using 4-corners or another similar type of offense, but this is straight up cowardly. Lumberton's coach probably isn't embarrassed using these tactics based on what I've read about him on here, but he definitely should be. 

Lol c’mon. I think Mitchell has proved he really doesn’t care about what we say on a message board regarding high school sports. Did y’all want him to run with them or spread ready the ball and ultimately turn it over and it lead to a dunk? He had it down to 6 at one point. Maybe….just MAYBE he knows what he doing and his knowledgeable. 

6 minutes ago, catfever said:

Other teams in this district have attempted to play and been competitive for a small period of time.  Either way, they have all gotten beat handily.  I would take more pride in getting beat while playing ball than doing something like this, but that is just me.  

Mitchell will do what it takes to win. That’s why people love him and some people hate him. He just wants to win whatever way possible. Dudes competitive as they come 

6 minutes ago, HasBeen36 said:

Lol c’mon. I think Mitchell has proved he really doesn’t care about what we say on a message board regarding high school sports. Did y’all want him to run with them or spread ready the ball and ultimately turn it over and it lead to a dunk? He had it down to 6 at one point. Maybe….just MAYBE he knows what he doing and his knowledgeable. 

He sure wouldn't have looked like a coward to the whole world and embarrassed his school district if they lost under those circumstances.

4 minutes ago, GronkIfYourHorne said:

Kind of like you being a Keyboard Warrior right now...

I am still against having a shot clock but this is not basketball in any way shape or form. I get stalling and spreading the floor to get defenses to come out and guard or protect a lead but this is not that. Just trying to keep the game close and not lose by 30.

My name is Mike Sanchez. I'll state this opinion to any coach. I already have.

3 minutes ago, GronkIfYourHorne said:

Calm down Mike, it was for 3 minutes. 

and had one of his players not step out of bounds, get fouled, get a 5 second call and tied up during the 3-4 times they tried this stunt, it would have certainly lasted more than 3 minutes. Game was 5-2 Silsbee at that point but those turnovers resulted in a 12-2 Silsbee lead. Kind of hard to try and do it again trailing by 10. One would really look silly.

Kinda like you, keyboard warrior.

I'm in favor of a shot clock for 4A and above.  It's not that expensive and it adds a dimension to the game that the kids and the parents and the fans would enjoy.  It could be very forgiving, 40 seconds.  A quarter is 480 seconds long.  That's 12 possessions per period and that's slow enough.  

Plus it would give officials who aren't physically able to run the court for some reason the opportunity to participate and make a little extra money.  The districts can afford it.  Basketball is a small fraction of the expense of football.  I think it's a win all around.

Though I'm not going to condemn what Mitchell did, I hope this episode becomes ammunition for the proponents of a shot clock for Texas.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

How do you win a game down by 10 and holding the ball in that manner?

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I’m not saying he would have but if he had the lead and did that and won then what would people be saying.  

whether you agree or not it was a different tactic that I’m sure silsbee has never seen…. 

13 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I'm in favor of a shot clock for 4A and above.  It's not that expensive and it adds a dimension to the game that the kids and the parents and the fans would enjoy.  It could be very forgiving, 40 seconds.  A quarter is 480 seconds long.  That's 12 possessions per period and that's slow enough.  

Plus it would give officials who aren't physically able to run the court for some reason the opportunity to participate and make a little extra money.  The districts can afford it.  Basketball is a small fraction of the expense of football.  I think it's a win all around.

Though I'm not going to condemn what Mitchell did, I hope this episode becomes ammunition for the proponents of a shot clock for Texas.

Gotta pay another official plus are there that many to go around as it is?