Is The NFL Rigged?

Well, rigged connotates a sort of cynicism.  It's more like manipulated.  And as long as there are no bribes then it's all legal.  Does the NFL sit around at the beginning of the year predetermine who's going to win what?  No.  But as the season progresses, they'll see where the interest lies.  And it always evolves around the QB.  Last years interest was Tom Brady moving to TB.  Plus the fact that the SB was going to be played in TB was ripe with interest.  Guess who won the SB?!  This year, we had a similar story evolving with the LA Rams and Matt Stafford.  Guess who is in the SB at their own stadium?!  What that said, I figure the Rams will win.  But, you also have an interesting story with a good young QB on the Bengal's side.  Think back, you think it was a coincidence that Mahommes had a second half melt down in the AFC Championship game?  Maybe.  But he was a world beater the first half and junior high QB the second!  I first noticed something wasn't quite right back in 2006 when NE played the Colts for the AFC championship.  Brady had a similar melt down in the second half.  Another thing, if I remember right, all the second half penaltys went against NE.  I remember one announcer saying he's never seen before one team not getting any penaltys.  I figured the NFL needed P. Manning to win a SB.

It starts with the refs.  They can either call a crucial penalty or not call one at all.  How many times do you think holding on the line of scrimmage can be called?  How about on a winning drive that the league wants to win that NO holding calls are made.  Or any other penalty as a matter of fact.  Second is the coaches and players.  The league will tell the coach this or that needs to be done because it's "good" for the league.  Remember, sports is about entertainment.  And when the 3 networks got involved, well, you know they are in the "entertainment" business.  Unless Tom Brady goes to Cleveland, we'll not see a Detroit vs Cleveland SB.  Why?  Because no one would watch!  Thoughts?!

Interesting presentation. Thanks for sharing. Seems more likely than ever after hearing the actual laws involved. I've been wondering about NFL refs and the earpieces. But check this... wearing a wire at the plate doesn't mean one will hit a HR. Just gives an advantage. Of course the leagues will push to make the most money possible by having those big stories and big market teams leading the way. But how do they guarantee the kicker makes the last second FG? Must be those gigantic wind machines disguised as video boards. 

On 2/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, Reagan said:

Well, rigged connotates a sort of cynicism.  It's more like manipulated.  And as long as there are no bribes then it's all legal.  Does the NFL sit around at the beginning of the year predetermine who's going to win what?  No.  But as the season progresses, they'll see where the interest lies.  And it always evolves around the QB.  Last years interest was Tom Brady moving to TB.  Plus the fact that the SB was going to be played in TB was ripe with interest.  Guess who won the SB?!  This year, we had a similar story evolving with the LA Rams and Matt Stafford.  Guess who is in the SB at their own stadium?!  What that said, I figure the Rams will win.  But, you also have an interesting story with a good young QB on the Bengal's side.  Think back, you think it was a coincidence that Mahommes had a second half melt down in the AFC Championship game?  Maybe.  But he was a world beater the first half and junior high QB the second!  I first noticed something wasn't quite right back in 2006 when NE played the Colts for the AFC championship.  Brady had a similar melt down in the second half.  Another thing, if I remember right, all the second half penaltys went against NE.  I remember one announcer saying he's never seen before one team not getting any penaltys.  I figured the NFL needed P. Manning to win a SB.

It starts with the refs.  They can either call a crucial penalty or not call one at all.  How many times do you think holding on the line of scrimmage can be called?  How about on a winning drive that the league wants to win that NO holding calls are made.  Or any other penalty as a matter of fact.  Second is the coaches and players.  The league will tell the coach this or that needs to be done because it's "good" for the league.  Remember, sports is about entertainment.  And when the 3 networks got involved, well, you know they are in the "entertainment" business.  Unless Tom Brady goes to Cleveland, we'll not see a Detroit vs Cleveland SB.  Why?  Because no one would watch!  Thoughts?!

How bout those 3 penalties at the end when Cincy went the whole game without an “in play” penalty.

didn’t call that mess the whole game and then call it In A crucial time like that. 

saying all that cincy had their chances before that last ram drive
cincy went away from the run in the 3rd qtr and that hurt them.

11 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

How bout those 3 penalties at the end when Cincy went the whole game without an “in play” penalty.

didn’t call that mess the whole game and then call it In A crucial time like that. 

saying all that cincy had their chances before that last ram drive
cincy went away from the run in the 3rd qtr and that hurt them.

one was iffy, the other two were cut and dry.  not to mention the 75 yd touchdown pass to start the half that absolutely should've been called back for offensive PI but wasnt.  

23 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

one was iffy, the other two were cut and dry.  not to mention the 75 yd touchdown pass to start the half that absolutely should've been called back for offensive PI but wasnt.  

the first one called on #55 shouldn’t have been called based on how they called the whole game..It was 3rd and 8 at that time….would ve been 4th 8 

both teams were doing the same thing thru out  the game(letting them play). Just be consistent.  

Ur right it should ve been called ….I believe the sideline ref was on the wrong side and couldn’t see it.  Not sure what the back judge was looking at.

I don’t think they can use replay to call a penalty 

DC and secondary coach got some questions to answer on that last drive by LA….

Like I said…..why the bengals ran the ball only one time in the 3rd is beyond me.

Like I pretty much believed -- da Rams were not going to lose the Super Bowl.  The same thing happened with Brady last year and it happened with Stafford this year.  Moved to a different team and their respective team's stadiums is where the Super Bowl is going to be played.  I don't think it's a coincidence!  Again --  it's all about entertainment.  The NFL was not going to "allow" two boring teams to make the Super Bowl.  Again, Mahommes' meltdown in the second half of the AFC Championship game, I don't think that was an accident.  The 1st half he looks like a Super Bowl QB and the 2nd half he looked like a junior high QB.  

22 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Interesting presentation. Thanks for sharing. Seems more likely than ever after hearing the actual laws involved. I've been wondering about NFL refs and the earpieces. But check this... wearing a wire at the plate doesn't mean one will hit a HR. Just gives an advantage. Of course the leagues will push to make the most money possible by having those big stories and big market teams leading the way. But how do they guarantee the kicker makes the last second FG? Must be those gigantic wind machines disguised as video boards. 

Before I comment further, I'm curious when was the last time a Super Bowl was won an a last second field goal?

25 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Before I comment further, I'm curious when was the last time a Super Bowl was won an a last second field goal?

This is the hidden content, please

Last-second field goal attempts in Super Bowl history Patriots kicker Adam Vinatieri celebrates after kicking a game-winning 48-yard field goal in the final seconds to beat the Rams, 20-17, in Super Bowl XXXVI on Feb. 3, 2002, at the Superdome in New Orleans.

40 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Like I pretty much believed -- da Rams were not going to lose the Super Bowl.  The same thing happened with Brady last year and it happened with Stafford this year.  Moved to a different team and their respective team's stadiums is where the Super Bowl is going to be played.  I don't think it's a coincidence!  Again --  it's all about entertainment.  The NFL was not going to "allow" two boring teams to make the Super Bowl.  Again, Mahommes' meltdown in the second half of the AFC Championship game, I don't think that was an accident.  The 1st half he looks like a Super Bowl QB and the 2nd half he looked like a junior high QB.  

🙄

46 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Did you watch last year's Super Bowl? It was not entertaining at all, unless you were a Bucs fan or had money on them. Tampa whipped the KC up and down the field and won easily. 

38 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Did you watch last year's Super Bowl? It was not entertaining at all, unless you were a Bucs fan or had money on them. Tampa whipped the KC up and down the field and won easily. 

I’m not a Bucs fan nor did I have money on the game. I enjoyed the hell out of it. It’s all subjective. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Bengals had only 4 penalties all game long but 3 of them came on the last Ram's drive to ensure that the Rams score.  At 1:44 point in the 4th quarter, the refs call a holding penalty on the Bengals.  1) It was NOT holding!  2) It kept the Rams drive alive to eventually score.   Again -- like I keep saying, the Rams were NOT going to lose!

PS -- There's talk about T. Brady going to the 49'ers.  If this is the case and the NFL thinks this is needed entertainment, then I'll guess the 49'ers end up in the Super Bowl and win it.  If Brady doesn't do this, then I'll presume the NFL will push the Bengals to the SB and win because of J. Burrow.  The bottom line:   It's all about the QB's.  You won't see a SB team where all the talk about is a fabulous cornerback.  There is no excitement and entertainment there.  

This is the hidden content, please

Why hasn't the NFL rigged it for Dallas to get into the Super Bowl. Or the 2nd or 3rd round at least? They have the biggest fan base across the country. They also are the most hated team in the NFL probably. That would be entertaining? I don't know who the NFL is going to choose to give it to next year, but I hope it is my Dolphins.

5 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

Why hasn't the NFL rigged it for Dallas to get into the Super Bowl. Or the 2nd or 3rd round at least? They have the biggest fan base across the country. They also are the most hated team in the NFL probably. That would be entertaining? I don't know who the NFL is going to choose to give it to next year, but I hope it is my Dolphins.

Arizona then Las Vegas

On 2/14/2022 at 2:36 PM, Reagan said:

gotta consider all the playoff games leading up to the superbowl that are decided by last second fgs.  and teams getting into the playoffs with last second fgs.  it's not just the last 5 seconds of the super bowl where these kicks decide championships.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

gotta consider all the playoff games leading up to the superbowl that are decided by last second fgs.  and teams getting into the playoffs with last second fgs.  it's not just the last 5 seconds of the super bowl where these kicks decide championships.

Yepp, Cincy had two such kicks just this postseason. The Rams and 49ers also won their divisional round games in the same manner.