WEST ORANGE-STARK 2022

WOSdrummer99

As 7on7 has grown the Baytown Lee's of the world who win state 7on7 and the go winless in real football are few and far between....by and large teams who go to the State Tournament and do well also do outstanding in the fall.Β 

In 2021 Division I the final eight teams went 83-22, Division II 76-24 and Division III 83-20

We are talking teams like Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, College Station, Katy Tompkins, China Spring, Tyler Chapel Hill, Argyle, Dumas, Stratford, Franklin and Daingerfield

4 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

As 7on7 has grown the Baytown Lee's of the world who win state 7on7 and the go winless in real football are few and far between....by and large teams who go to the State Tournament and do well also do outstanding in the fall.Β 

In 2021 Division I the final eight teams went 83-22, Division II 76-24 and Division III 83-20

We are talking teams like Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, College Station, Katy Tompkins, China Spring, Tyler Chapel Hill, Argyle, Dumas, Stratford, Franklin and Daingerfield

I've always wondered why we don't participate in those tournaments. Maybe that will change under Coach Crumedy.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, marshman said:

Didn’t see Mike Pierce’s name on that list but know he’s no longer the DC Β at WO-S. Heard his wife took a principles job out near Hutto and thier house here is for sale. Wonder if he got a coaching job out that way or Is doing something else.

Is Hutto building a 2nd HS very VERY soon?? If so maybe he's waiting.......??Β 

Hutto ISD enrollment since 2001

• 2001-02: 1,420
  • 2006-07: 3,706
  • 2011-12: 5,669
  • 2016-17: 6,946
  • 2021-22: 8,900

β€œAt Hutto High School, we were busting at the scenes,” Whitfield said. β€œWe were crowded.”

I can't blame them. Hutto really is a fine place. People want to excape the madness in Austin, move out to the burbs.Β 

Β 

On 6/9/2022 at 11:19 PM, marshman said:

Didn’t see Mike Pierce’s name on that list but know he’s no longer the DC Β at WO-S. Heard his wife took a principles job out near Hutto and thier house here is for sale. Wonder if he got a coaching job out that way or Is doing something else.

He’s headed to Taylor,Ramsey to Newton.Hebert to Vidor

On 5/30/2022 at 3:29 AM, purpleeagle said:

Interesting siteβ€”-texashighschoolfootballhistory.com

%all time wins Β  Β WO-S is no one Β  (This is what makes legends)
Newton is no. 23

for comparison Aledo is no. 20. Β PN-G is no. 77

If you want some more comparisons:

Playoff record (win %)

Aledo 113-28-1 (79%)

WOS 77-29-1 (72%)

Championships

Aledo 10

WOS 4Β 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

If you want some more comparisons:

Playoff record (win %)

Aledo 113-28-1 (79%)

WOS 77-29-1 (72%)

Championships

Aledo 10

WOS 4Β 

Well they also had an extra 30 years of existence to accomplish those playoff wins. WOS didn't start until 1977. Aledo started in 46.

Aledo >1.5 playoff wins per year

WOS =1.75 playoff wins per year

That is going off your stats. I didn't look it up. We were making deep runs before the so called watered down playoffs. Remember back when only one or 2 teams made it. Not discounting any championships, much respect for what yall have done since late 90s. Obviously deserve to be at the top of that list.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Well they also had an extra 30 years of existence to accomplish those playoff wins. WOS didn't start until 1977. Aledo started in 46.

Aledo >1.5 playoff wins per year

WOS =1.75 playoff wins per year

That is going off your stats. I didn't look it up. We were making deep runs before the so called watered down playoffs. Remember back when only one or 2 teams made it. Not discounting any championships, much respect for what yall have done since late 90s. Obviously deserve to be at the top of that list.

Yall as well. I actually rated yall as a better program overall.Β 

Β 

image.png.5af6096b84169830c38fb6cb531e38ea.png

4 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidor would most likely have to look overseas to find a Rugby tourney on the high school level

Actually my two G’sons live in Porter and play in Kingwood. Β It’s not affiliated with the High Schools, but it’s one insane game. Β Kids are huge. Surprised they don’t make them fill out a Will before participating. Β And they tell me the teams at The Woodlands are even bigger.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘½πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

WO-S's championships are more impressive in my opinion. The other schools on the list were recruiting juggernauts. The Stangs enrollment was constantly dropping and they just kept winning with what they had

They both have/had Elite coaches!Β  Now, as for a WOS' new coach, we'll have to see how he pans out!