Breyer retiring

PhatMack19

I have no problem with him be committed to nominating a black woman. In fact, I appreciate him saying it up front rather than going through the smoke screen motions and claiming his nominee is the best possible candidate BS. I believe diversity should be considered when making up the supreme court. 

After a year in office, I finally agree with one thing he's done.

9 minutes ago, mat said:

I have no problem with him be committed to nominating a black woman. In fact, I appreciate him saying it up front rather than going through the smoke screen motions and claiming his nominee is the best possible candidate BS. I believe diversity should be considered when making up the supreme court. 

I'm still waiting.

1 hour ago, mat said:

I have no problem with a black woman being nominated.  But choosing a panel of black women exclusivity on the basis of "diversity" is no different than picking a panel of white dudes based on "protecting the makeup of the court."   Both are wrong. 

The idea that this new form of "racism" is somehow better than the old one will only lead to more racial strife, not less.  It's all fun and games until YOUR kids can't get into college, get a job, have their student loans forgiven, or attain housing based on their skin color.... It's literally using racial oppression being used to "fix" the wrongs of racial oppression from generations ago.  

That crap about "diversity" being our strength was a lie, and it should have been shut down years ago.  Having the best man/woman for the job is the way to strength... not promoting weaker candidates based on their skin color, gender, or sexual orientation.  

Serious business.... Name one quantifiable thing that at which woman is the best in the world.  Athlete? Nope. Musician? Scientist? Soldier? Doctor? Nope to all.   But the lie is that we're all somehow "better" because we pick lesser candidates based on their inordinate physical traits.  It's genius, but wrong. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I have no problem with a black woman being nominated.  But choosing a panel of black women exclusivity on the basis of "diversity" is no different than picking a panel of white dudes based on "protecting the makeup of the court."   Both are wrong. 

The idea that this new form of "racism" is somehow better than the old one will only lead to more racial strife, not less.  It's all fun and games until YOUR kids can't get into college, get a job, have their student loans forgiven, or attain housing based on their skin color.... It's literally using racial oppression being used to "fix" the wrongs of racial oppression from generations ago.  

That crap about "diversity" being our strength was a lie, and it should have been shut down years ago.  Having the best man/woman for the job is the way to strength... not promoting weaker candidates based on their skin color, gender, or sexual orientation.  

Serious business.... Name one quantifiable thing that at which woman is the best in the world.  Athlete? Nope. Musician? Scientist? Soldier? Doctor? Nope to all.   But the lie is that we're all somehow "better" because we pick lesser candidates based on their inordinate physical traits.  It's genius, but wrong. 

That depends on who's criteria you are using to quantify. Yours I suppose. Your lying to yourself to think males are superior in every area. Using your criteria, there should be no women in the supreme court. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:33 PM, mat said:

I don’t think Asian women would agree with you. Just saying.

Before you Democrats go to patting yourselves on the back and think how much Democrats love black people, you should remember that Trump nominated a black woman to the Federal Bench and 13 Democrats opposed her voting no.  
Make no mistake, with Democrats the Party comes first.  They’d sacrifice their own mothers for the good of the Party.  To them, it’s the Democratic Party first, everything else way behind, including America & Americans.

This is the hidden content, please

On 1/27/2022 at 12:33 PM, mat said:

Janice Rogers Brown would have been the first black woman on the Supreme Court.

What stopped her?

Joe Biden. Twice.

From the article:

Former Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard Monday criticized President Biden for promising to choose a Supreme Court nominee who is a Black woman, saying such a move is harmful "identity politics." 

"Biden chose Harris as his VP because of the color of her skin and sex—not qualification. She's been a disaster," Gabbard said early Monday morning. "Now he promises to choose Supreme Court nominee on the same criteria. Identity politics is destroying our country."

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

Former Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard Monday criticized President Biden for promising to choose a Supreme Court nominee who is a Black woman, saying such a move is harmful "identity politics." 

"Biden chose Harris as his VP because of the color of her skin and sex—not qualification. She's been a disaster," Gabbard said early Monday morning. "Now he promises to choose Supreme Court nominee on the same criteria. Identity politics is destroying our country."

Gabbard gives me hope that all Democrats haven't bought in to the racial nonsense.

21 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

This!

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Do you know how crazy you sound sometimes?

Sure…. But nobody has offered a single example. I’m sure the best “caregiver” in the world is probably female, but that’s not quantifiable. 

We’re different…. But equals. And our responsibility as men is to protect, respect, etc…. But can we please stop dressing them up in fatigues and pretending that they are as capable as men as warriors? 

There are weight classes in MMA. There’s a 135lb weight class for men and a 135lb weight class for women that.  The most dominant female UFC champion would get murder/death/killed by the worst guy on the UFC roster. Does that mean chicks can’t have solid fights against other chicks? No… it just means that they can’t compare to the dudes. 

So when you say “we’re gonna make the police squad stronger by hiring more skirts” you’re not. 

29 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sure…. But nobody has offered a single example. I’m sure the best “caregiver” in the world is probably female, but that’s not quantifiable. 

We’re different…. But equals. And our responsibility as men is to protect, respect, etc…. But can we please stop dressing them up in fatigues and pretending that they are as capable as men as warriors? 

There are weight classes in MMA. There’s a 135lb weight class for men and a 135lb weight class for women that.  The most dominant female UFC champion would get murder/death/killed by the worst guy on the UFC roster. Does that mean chicks can’t have solid fights against other chicks? No… it just means that they can’t compare to the dudes. 

So when you say “we’re gonna make the police squad stronger by hiring more skirts” you’re not. 

I suppose these women CEOs got where they because because of entitlement? According to you, they can’t be deserving or qualified.

1 hour ago, mat said:

Two of the top ten top fuel racers in the world are women. How is that?🙄

So which one is considered the best?  Has there ever been a female world champion?

And we all know how far Brittany Force would have gotten without the unlimited support of her Daddy.  Her Daddy who probably is the best driver of all time with three teams... one of which Brittany pilots.

You're only proving my point for me.  

I repeat my question.  Can you point me at one quantifiable instance in which a woman is the best in the world at something?  I'll be waiting.  I'd like to know just one for my own personal satisfaction.  

14 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Bottom line, for Biden to come out and say ahead of time he was going to appoint a black female to the SC and not consider anyone else is simply wrong...period!

Does anyone disagree with that?

I agree completely.  It was wrong of the US to let him slide when he said the same thing about selecting a woman of color to be his VP and everybody cheered.  

And for what it's worth, I think it's safe to say that Kamala is living up to my expectations of what happens when you pick a person based on their skin color and chosen gender instead of picking the person (man OR woman, of any shade) with the most potential for success in the job. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree completely.  It was wrong of the US to let him slide when he said the same thing about selecting a woman of color to be his VP and everybody cheered.  

And for what it's worth, I think it's safe to say that Kamala is living up to my expectations of what happens when you pick a person based on their skin color and chosen gender instead of picking the person (man OR woman, of any shade) with the most potential for success in the job. 

By your assessment of women, they shouldn’t even be considered because they are far inferior. You’re single, aren’t you.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

So which one is considered the best?  Has there ever been a female world champion?

And we all know how far Brittany Force would have gotten without the unlimited support of her Daddy.  Her Daddy who probably is the best driver of all time with three teams... one of which Brittany pilots.

You're only proving my point for me.  

I repeat my question.  Can you point me at one quantifiable instance in which a woman is the best in the world at something?  I'll be waiting.  I'd like to know just one for my own personal satisfaction.  

You’re proving your prejudice the more you post.

Shirley Muldowney, champion multiple years.