Breyer retiring

PhatMack19

53 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

And he still lives in dc 

I honestly think he'd be a pretty good candidate.... somebody that understands the legislative and executive branches because he's worked in both... and he's a freaking constitutional lawyer.  I just wish he wasn't such an activist.

I don't see him giving up his lucrative endorsement deals to go into relative seclusion on the SC, much less when he had so much conflict (you LIE) when he was our president.  

59 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I honestly think he'd be a pretty good candidate.... somebody that understands the legislative and executive branches because he's worked in both... and he's a freaking constitutional lawyer.  I just wish he wasn't such an activist.

I don't see him giving up his lucrative endorsement deals to go into relative seclusion on the SC, much less when he had so much conflict (you LIE) when he was our president.  

He doesn't need to be on the Court.  He already has 2 doing his bidding!  They are activist -- not Constitutionalist!   He'll probably pick this one.  But it's left up to the Republicans and Manchin and Sinema to ensure a Constitutionalist.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

When I quoted bad dog I was referring to Obama being the one behind the curtains

17 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

When I quoted bad dog I was referring to Obama being the one behind the curtains

Quote from Obama: 

“I used to say if I can make an arrangement where I had a stand-in or front-man or front-woman and they had an earpiece in and I was just in my basement in my sweats looking through the stuff and I could sort of deliver the lines while someone was doing all the talking and ceremony, I’d be fine with that because I found the work fascinating,” Obama quipped.

We all know who he ll (puppet master)pick…. 1st this or 1st that doesn’t matter the qualifications(the hell with the constitution) it’s all about doing something 1st to get people s attention away from how terrible him and his colleagues are doing.

1st gay Or lesbian

1st black woman

1st trans

1st non binary

1st atheist 

We all know the their m o

1 minute ago, 5GallonBucket said:

We all know who he ll (puppet master)pick…. 1st this or 1st that doesn’t matter the qualifications(the hell with the constitution) it’s all about doing something 1st to get people s attention away from how terrible him and his colleagues are doing.

1st gay Or lesbian

1st black woman

1st trans

1st non binary

1st atheist 

We all know the their m o

Oh, that's right -- he did say it's going to be a black woman if he ever had the opportunity.  

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Me either. He just shouldn’t make black and female the only qualifications. That is so racist it stinks.

It amazes that people aren't like "you get the matches!  I'll bring some diesel" when they hear outright racist statements being made and lauded.

There's no difference between filling a panel of exclusively black women and a panel of exclusively white men exclusively because of their race/gender.  Both are blatantly racist.  The fact that people think that this "new" racism is somehow better than the "old" racism blows my mind. 

I'd LOVE to see a black woman appointed to the Supreme Court.  I have no doubt that a few of the candidates being floated would make fine justices.  But the selection mechanism is all wrong, and the fact that nobody has a problem with it is mind-blowing.  Literally the highest court in the land, the final arbiter of all matters or racism/oppression in our country, is being populated using the most racist of all possible selection processes.  Can we be any more stupid?

You could literally make the argument "well, white men have lost three seats (i honestly don't know how many have been "lost") so we need to make sure a white dude gets this next one" and you'd probably get stoned to death. 

Promotions based on race only divide us further.  

Finally admitting what we already know about yobama's 2 picks!

From the article:  "Senate Judiciary Committee member Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said she wants Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer’s replacement to be someone “who will consider the impact, the effects of whatever decision-making is on people in our country so that they are not making decisions just based on” the law."  This individual is an United States Senator and knows NOTHING about the courts!!

This is the hidden content, please