Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

OK, I'll bite.  There should be a reason for making this statement.  So, what is your reason?

to name a few without deep thought:

Very experienced: Coached at multiple levels, knows how to adjust due to players abilities, Very knowledgeable about multiple sports, has many collegiate contacts to help player recruitment.

Personality: very approachable to community and kids, honest, full of integrity, high level in intensity, knows how to communicate well, knows how to lead by example, kids respond to him.

He knows the community and how it operates(very important at PNG).

2 hours ago, hitman009 said:

99% Correct.. Chuck is a great man and perfect for this job. I agree with everything stated except the statement in bold. From what I'm hearing its his to turn down.. but again.. JMO

just go ask the coaches of other sports at png or any assistant staying on. youll get your reasons why we need to hire him ! 

5 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Really both, but one will come with more backlash than the other.

Leadership has got to understand, the voters are going to Google the new head coach’s last name. They’re going to find the win-loss records and the history, which will also find its way into every news media article about the hire. They’re going to see the rumors that have been circulating here and elsewhere for months, and people who have been slow to pass judgment are going to see that as confirmation that the rumors were true. And even if it’s a likable guy who’s cleaned up and rebuilt his career (I personally happen to like one of those two quite a bit as a man), it doesn’t make him the right guy to take over the PN-G program.

In particular, college recruiting is a concern to a lot of people. PN-G wasn’t shelling out many Roschon Johnsons, Jaylen Garths, Blake Bosts or Adam Morses before Faircloth. We’ve had more success at that the last six years or so than we’d had in decades. Y’all know relationships are everything when it comes to college recruiting, and Faircloth’s relationships at the next level went a long way for some PN-G alumni who might not have gotten a second look without him. Moving forward, a lot of your major programs are going to have concerns about appearances when the relationship is with a guy who has a history of NCAA violations.

I was in these threads telling people there would be tremendous political blowback over Faircloth’s ouster. Nobody in leadership listened. Now the school board’s in full bore damage control mode, calling around trying to get people to stop talking about it on Facebook because the outrage is multiples of what they thought they’d get and they need the conversation to die down. I hope they listen to my prognostications this time.

Sounds like A.B. is coming.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist