Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

2 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Why would he be a fool?  Compare PNG to lcm (football) and see who has the better track record...Winning seasons, playoff appearances, playoff wins, etc. 

They are referring to administration problems more than football. Read the other post and it will put his statement in to context

I think Faircloth is an exceptional offense coach and his success can’t be denied in his many years at PNG. That being said many people are acting like the sky is falling. Faircloth had many red flags. So many assistants leaving over the years. The IPad situation was a complete embarrassment and was kind of swept under the rug. I don’t believe the administration forced him out or they would have after the IPad situation. I think PNG will hire the right coach and they will continue the success they have had. With Sulphur Springs going from 5a to 4a I also believe Faircloth will be success there. Why are so many people upset? That’s what I can’t figure out. 

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Oh yeah no doubt, but I am sure PNG can afford him. Plus being a AD too will help out a lot. I think he just may be only head coach/ campus coordinator. 

He is just the HFC/AC but I think that's a lot less stressful than what he would have to deal with being the AD at PNG. He just took Tomball to the semis even after a 4th place finish in district play and has some studs coming up. The facilities are better than PNG's and he makes more money than PNG is probably willing to pay him right now, plus he's doing it on the big stage in 6A.  Dude literally got almost as far away from The Triangle as he could while still being in the Houston metro area, I doubt he's coming back before retirement which is probably 5-10 years away for him.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Big thing about Coach Flanigan is: would he even want to comeback to this area??

Big question is this: If he takes the PNG job if offered, will he still have time to do his podcast "The Coaches Lounge"? It's been dormant since the summer, I'm assuming due to Football, and I am patiently waiting for new life to be breathed into it. Preferably with Matt Marshall muzzled. lol

55 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Pretty sure I said compare PNG to lmc not WB. So I'll wait.

Man, you are LCMs #1 hater ,  totally obsessed ! LCM is on the come up whether you like it or not. Their coach already has a winning record in one  year and yours doesn't after 20 something years. Vidors' heading back to 5A soon so it probably won't ever happen

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He is just the HFC/AC but I think that's a lot less stressful than what he would have to deal with being the AD at PNG. He just took Tomball to the semis even after a 4th place finish in district play and has some studs coming up. The facilities are better than PNG's and he makes more money than PNG is probably willing to pay him right now, plus he's doing it on the big stage in 6A.  Dude literally got almost as far away from The Triangle as he could while still being in the Houston metro area, I doubt he's coming back before retirement which is probably 5-10 years away for him.  

I find the argument of moving from 6A to 5A hard now because take an example Peevy leaving 6A West Brook that he brought to state championship to 4A LCM… Faircloth went from loaded 5A to a  very bad 4A school.. westerburg (spelling) 6A Allen to 5A Barbers Hill, and way more out there that’s just this area coaches… so that aspect of doing it big on the big stage is hard to argue imo… as far as facilities yes they are a lot nicer at Tomball but for this side of the trinity river PNG facilities are the best in the area. 

33 minutes ago, ATL4 said:

I think Faircloth is an exceptional offense coach and his success can’t be denied in his many years at PNG. That being said many people are acting like the sky is falling. Faircloth had many red flags. So many assistants leaving over the years. The IPad situation was a complete embarrassment and was kind of swept under the rug. I don’t believe the administration forced him out or they would have after the IPad situation. I think PNG will hire the right coach and they will continue the success they have had. With Sulphur Springs going from 5a to 4a I also believe Faircloth will be success there. Why are so many people upset? That’s what I can’t figure out. 

lets address your "red flags":

Assistants leaving; almost all of the assistants that left PNG left for PROMOTIONS.... they left for Head Football/AD positions, OC, DC, Head Coach in other sports, higher paying jobs or Admirative positions. His long time DC left so he could market himself in other areas. Please address these "red flags" as a absolute complement to the man not a insult.

IPad thing: yes it LOOKED bad. I agree.. but not used for filming hence why there was not a outcry or a "swept under the rug." It was investigated.

As for why you don't understand why people are upset: There is no doubt this whole thing is political. A board member cant do what he did towards the end of last season in front of people and it NOT GET AROUND. If you have not heard what he did then I can see why you have no understanding of why people are upset. 

As for BF I have the upmost respect. He could have lashed out. He could have made public the actions of certain people by going to news outlets. He could have giving in to political complaints or slowed down effort on preparation for feature games. Instead he chose to take the high road by keeping his mouth shut, concentrating his efforts on the kids, and looking for a different program after the season was over.  He is a great man and deserves the upmost respect. I wish him nothing but success in his feature endeavors.

That being said I believe the next Chief will do fine. The PNG community does install a mentality that makes them PNG. The honor, pride and tradition is like no other school.  I just hope the next one, (which most already know who's job it is to take/turndown) chooses to do things the right way for kids sake.    

3 minutes ago, hitman009 said:

lets address your "red flags":

Assistants leaving; almost all of the assistants that left PNG left for PROMOTIONS.... they left for Head Football/AD positions, OC, DC, Head Coach in other sports, higher paying jobs or Admirative positions. His long time DC left so he could market himself in other areas. Please address these "red flags" as a absolute complement to the man not a insult.

IPad thing: yes it LOOKED bad. I agree.. but not used for filming hence why there was not a outcry or a "swept under the rug." It was investigated.

As for why you don't understand why people are upset: There is no doubt this whole thing is political. A board member cant do what he did towards the end of last season in front of people and it NOT GET AROUND. If you have not heard what he did then I can see why you have no understanding of why people are upset. 

As for BF I have the upmost respect. He could have lashed out. He could have made public the actions of certain people by going to news outlets. He could have giving in to political complaints or slowed down effort on preparation for feature games. Instead he chose to take the high road by keeping his mouth shut, concentrating his efforts on the kids, and looking for a different program after the season was over.  He is a great man and deserves the upmost respect. I wish him nothing but success in his feature endeavors.

That being said I believe the next Chief will do fine. The PNG community does install a mentality that makes them PNG. The honor, pride and tradition is like no other school.  I just hope the next one, (which most already know who's job it is to take/turndown) chooses to do things the right way for kids sake.    

You think one school board member has that much power? If they forced out Faircloth it had to be more than one person. If you don’t think the IPad was used for filming you are just ignorant. 

8 minutes ago, ATL4 said:

You think one school board member has that much power? If they forced out Faircloth it had to be more than one person. If you don’t think the IPad was used for filming you are just ignorant. 

Absolutely that one board member has that much power. That person.. along with another board member that did not like BF for political reasons..(not going to address this on a public forum).. have a lot of pull with other board members.. I know that for a fact... As for the IPad thing... I know how it was used for a fact... seen it.. it was not used for FILMING. PERIOD!! rules state you cant have a IPad in press box for any reason.. they served there punishment and moved on.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Man, you are LCMs #1 hater ,  totally obsessed ! LCM is on the come up whether you like it or not. Their coach already has a winning record in one  year and yours doesn't after 20 something years. Vidors' heading back to 5A soon so it probably won't ever happen

You know what LCM principal  motto is for the high school? “In the business to make people jealous”. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

On the come up...yet to be seen. Do it for more than one year and get back to me.

BUT..... why wouldn't the HC consider PNG??? Facilities, tradition, winning season..... 

2 hours ago, ATL4 said:

Faircloth Mentality, or Administration Pressure ?:  Oh, let's see.  I take a 5th place district picked team to the 3rd round of the playoffs & I have 17 of my 22 starters back next year.  I know, I'll leave the school just  because I  want to coach somewhere else.  Perhaps an unsuccessful Sulpher Springs program would be better.  That way I can uproot my children from their friends & from PNG Athletics. (That is a big pile of you know what.)  There were other problems within that administrative system affecting his decision to leave.  Especially when the team wanted, and needed him to return for another season.  I am upset for the program, the players & the coaching jobs that will be lost as a result of this move. 

Jack Alvarez maybe interested in coming back to PNG if the offer is right. He is a proven winner wherever he has coached. He is at Cuero high school and they were one game from the state finals this year. He has been to the state finals in football three times and won it once at Ennis.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist