Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

On 2/8/2022 at 5:42 PM, AshlyKBMT said:

Jeff Joseph is the Joseph they're talking about. Son of  Katy's Gary Joseph. He's currently at Southlake Carroll. Former Austin Westlake Defensive Coordinator. Left there to become a graduate assistant at Texas A&M before becoming the defensive coordinator at Magnolia West. Left coaching and was the VP of Big Kat Waste Solutions. It's his first year at SLC I believe.  

Have they released the list of applicants?

6 hours ago, AshlyKBMT said:

Tomorrow marks ten days since my request, but I’m expected it to be delayed until Tuesday. 

It’ll be later this week. PNG is using ten business days, which is what the law allows. Some districts give it out immediately. Others after ten total days. And some find ways to delay it until the day after a coach is hired. None of it really bothers me, and it’s not done to hurt anyone. We do this for just about every big coaching job that comes open. It’s a hot topic. I expect a response from Jasper this week as well. Coaches apply for different jobs over the years for various reasons. It’s no secret.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Unless I'm experiencing the Mandela Effect , It was the MSDS back when I made my escape from the hell known as refinery work .  A Scaffold Builders Helpers Helper or service worker probably doesn't remember that since they are new to the biz. They missed the entire premise, flew right over their heads

It use to be called the MSDS....now its called the SDS. Did not want you to be wrong about another topic.

7 hours ago, AshlyKBMT said:

It’ll be later this week. PNG is using ten business days, which is what the law allows. Some districts give it out immediately. Others after ten total days. And some find ways to delay it until the day after a coach is hired. None of it really bothers me, and it’s not done to hurt anyone. We do this for just about every big coaching job that comes open. It’s a hot topic. I expect a response from Jasper this week as well. Coaches apply for different jobs over the years for various reasons. It’s no secret.

I’m curious if any schools (not asking for names) have ever pushed back on such a request from you, and what the basis would have been, if such were the case. 

7 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’m curious if any schools (not asking for names) have ever pushed back on such a request from you, and what the basis would have been, if such were the case. 

There's never been an issue. They're required to release the applicants. PNG will also eventually publish it on their own website. 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, badndn said:

Anyone consider Flanigan used this as a chance to get a raise after a great season at Tomball?

I think Flannigan really wanted the job and probably would've been the best hire PNG could've made. I'm pretty sure he's on the back 9 regarding his coaching career and may have been looking to get closer to his eventual retirement destination. He would also get the administrative AD position which he hasn't had since he coached at Crosby which was probably appealing also. I doubt it was about the money, he could've flirted with bigger openings in the Houston area if that was the case. 

I understand the excitement over the last name but it kind of feels like the Jeff Nations hire by Dayton after he had been out of football for a while. Nations was an elite level OC when Jerry Stewart was there supervising, he wasn't a very good head coach though. I hope it's a grand slam hire for PNG but the main question I have is what kind of staff will he be allowed to bring in/build with a bunch of guys already there that have ties to PNG? Is the PNG administration good with him coming in a firing everybody so he can build his version of a winner? 

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think Flannigan really wanted the job and probably would've been the best hire PNG could've made. I'm pretty sure he's on the back 9 regarding his coaching career and may have been looking to get closer to his eventual retirement destination. He would also get the administrative AD position which he hasn't had since he coached at Crosby which was probably appealing also. I doubt it was about the money, he could've flirted with bigger openings in the Houston area if that was the case. 

I understand the excitement over the last name but it kind of feels like the Jeff Nations hire by Dayton after he had been out of football for a while. Nations was an elite level OC when Jerry Stewart was there supervising, he wasn't a very good head coach though. I hope it's a grand slam hire for PNG but the main question I have is what kind of staff will he be allowed to bring in/build with a bunch of guys already there that have ties to PNG? Is the PNG administration good with him coming in a firing everybody so he can build his version of a winner? 

Either Jeff will be good or he'll be Butch Troy

Johnny Louivier? Rhett Bomar? Flanigan coming off of a state semi finals appearance with a team no one expected anything from? 

Everyone's enamored with the Joseph name, but this guy ain't done a thing in the game on his own merit. PNG will be going through this process again in two years once Joseph realizes he doesn't know squat about PNG football or culture, and hopefully guys like Flannigan and Bass will be interested again. Thumbing your nose at locals who actually know what it takes to win at PNG to hire a guy who hasn't even proven he can carry his own water is weak. 

On 2/15/2022 at 8:41 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

He will be bringing in coaches not sure his many