Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

28 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Proud PN-G alumnus...let's rally...support the new hire and give him an opportunity to be successful.  I'm disappointed that PN-GISD parted ways with Coach Faircloth.  What's done is done.  Time to support the new leader of the Tribe, Coach Joseph.  Let's not nit-pik him to death before he puts on a purple shirt.  Give him shot.  No "For Sale" signs in his yard when he makes a wrong call.  Make him feel welcomed to our Tribe.  That's part of our commitment to Honor, Pride, and Tradition.  We carry those core values with us after Pre-K through 12th grade.  Welcome Coach Joseph.  Honor, Pride, and Tradition.  Go Indians.  Peace.

Yes, I know the fans/alums of Nederland, PAISD, and others laugh at the culture of PN-G.  I get it.  But, we are who we are.  Peace.

If any PNG fans ever pull that “For Sale” bull crap on a coach again I’m cheering for Nederland. I’m sure this new coach will be great. Maybe better in some ways. And the coaching tree and relationships he comes from aren’t nothing. And with the whole “Todd Dodge consultant to help build a culture” thing the board is doing, maybe he’ll be successful putting a program in place similar to what’s at Katy and Westlake and Southlake. Good luck to him. 

7 minutes ago, 89er said:

Ball control is the name of the game for the new coach. Play hard nose Defense and strong run game. Will see lots of formations, Wing T, Slot T, Pro Style single back. So long to the spread offense at PNG.

I like the way the 49ers do it. I don’t think we should lose the strength in the passing game, but being a team that knows it can run no matter how the passing is going will be refreshing. I’m hoping to see new toughness in the defense. 

20 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Congrats to Coach Joseph.   I hope he can find the success his grandfather and father have had.

Coaching is in his DNA for sure.

And he’s a defensive coach, like his dad.   Hopefully he can change the culture and mindset at PNG into a defensive one.   Won’t be an easy task.

Kinda like Burnett…..

5 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

If any PNG fans ever pull that “For Sale” bull crap on a coach again I’m cheering for Nederland. I’m sure this new coach will be great. Maybe better in some ways. And the coaching tree and relationships he comes from aren’t nothing. And with the whole “Todd Dodge consultant to help build a culture” thing the board is doing, maybe he’ll be successful putting a program in place similar to what’s at Katy and Westlake and Southlake. Good luck to him. 

Does he know that the School Board has already picked out what offense and defense he’ll be running? I am sure they’ll relinquish the control of the Special Teams to let him run with their approval. It’s tough being a Trophy Coach. Good Luck 😎