Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

5 minutes ago, dj said:

And he was gud.but Vince Young at Madison was better.

Vince did more with less at Madison. He had Courtney too at RB, but Reggie had a bunch of Juniors and Seniors that wanted IN on that State Championship and majority were experienced. You right though. Vince > Reggie. Even though Reggie was that dude in East Texas his SR yr, I remember a time we went to Tyler, Tyler Rose Bowl game, they boo'd us out the stadium, went to go eat: free pizza. Dude was a rockstar. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

According to some of the PNG posters that have knowledge about this whole thing months ago, they keep saying it’s hand picked between 2 people. So we will see, 

Your opinion: Would you think if someone wanted to force him out and wanted certain people in that It would have been done sooner than 12 years?

19 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Got beat down in the quarters by A&M Consolidated who was superior athletically.

If Malone woulda stayed 20 years he woulda never won state.  

19 hours ago, pine curtain said:

not even in 1999 when burnett got them to the state game?

Stephenville wins that game with Smitty/Reagan coaching against Burnett.  They were clearly the better team, and that was for all intents and purposes a home game for PNG (shoutout to Indian Nation who is second to none - well maybe second to 20th century MOJO).   As I recall, Stephenville won by double digits, even after fumbling not once, but twice on the Indian 1 yard line.  Just wasn’t that close.  To be fair, that was one fine Yellowjacket team. 

52 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Stephenville wins that game with Smitty/Reagan coaching against Burnett.  They were clearly the better team, and that was for all intents and purposes a home game for PNG (shoutout to Indian Nation who is second to none - well maybe second to 20th century MOJO).   As I recall, Stephenville won by double digits, even after fumbling not once, but twice on the Indian 1 yard line.  Just wasn’t that close.  To be fair, that was one fine Yellowjacket team. 

I can see me being confused with an actual elite coach like Briles!  LOL!

But, seriously, did anyone think Burnett was going to beat Briles?  Another LOL!!

11 hours ago, Reagan said:

Your opinion: Would you think if someone wanted to force him out and wanted certain people in that It would have been done sooner than 12 years?

Serious question:  should Big Ned have moved on from Brian English for not winning state?  Because a big reason he doesn’t have a ring is his loyalty to Nederland.  He has had opportunities to move on to places he would have a much better shot at a ring.  Or does the state title or failure not apply to sports where it takes far fewer athletes to be successful?

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Got to see Vince when Jasper beat Madison in the playoffs. 

I got to shut down all electrical power to USCs' Leavey Library and Tals Hall the week of the USC/TX championship. You should of seen the looks on the students faces when I walked in to the library to access the damage with my longhorn hat on. They didnt get to save  any of their work on the computers before the outage. It was another win for Texas in my eyes although the boss wasnt happy. Its a story that I will pass down to my grandkids. I always saw it as I drew first blood for the horns

17 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I got to shut down all electrical power to USCs' Leavey Library and Tals Hall the week of the USC/TX championship. You should of seen the looks on the students faces when I walked in to the library to access the damage with my longhorn hat on. They didnt get to save  any of their work on the computers before the outage. It was another win for Texas in my eyes although the boss wasnt happy. Its a story that I will pass down to my grandkids. I always saw it as I drew first blood for the horns

I went to Lamar (Lamar Tech when I went) but I am a die hard UT fan. I have a good UT friend who is always showing the Hook um horns sign, I told him it is a good thing UT was not named the Unicorns.

Just now, purpleeagle said:

I went to Lamar (Lamar Tech when I went) but I am a die hard UT fan. I have a good UT friend who is always showing the Hook um horns sign, I told him it is a good thing UT was not named the Unicorns.

I wasnt ever a big longhorn fan but the electrician I worked with was. My hat flew out the window on the 101 that morning on the way to work so I wore one of his. It was all meant to be, the outtage and hat

Well, I understand there are 7 days left on the job posting for the AD/Head football coach at Png. If Jack Alvarez applies, he will be a front runner. He is the only coach who has been to the state championship game 3 times and won it once at Ennis. He is a great coach and he has been a winner everywhere he has coached. We will see if he is on the list of coaches to be considered.

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

That’s terrible. Hilarious, but terrible. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you did to those poor SoCal rich kids. [stifles chuckling]

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist