Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

8 hours ago, hitman009 said:

I find this real interesting (being sarcastic):

The PNG Head Football/AD position is NOT posted on Texas High School Coaches Association web site. That is going to limit the applications... look at WOS... Administration did not post on THSCA and only 13 applicants...

IMO they got their guy already.. really no surprise. like I said people already know.

PNG nation will be happy with him.. Good Coach with a lot of experience at multiple levels of football. 

Very interesting note there about the THSCA website.

Regarding the Indian Faithful, if the rumored name is the one the school board picks, I suspect they'll find the reaction to be as bad or worse than the reaction to Faircloth's departure.

I have nothing against that coach, to be clear. Just saying public sentiment about this is nowhere near where your post suggests it is.

1 minute ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Very interesting note there about the THSCA website.

Regarding the Indian Faithful, if the rumored name is the one the school board picks, I suspect they'll find the reaction to be as bad or worse than the reaction to Faircloth's departure.

I have nothing against that coach, to be clear. Just saying public sentiment about this is nowhere near where your post suggests it is.

Area coach or the one who used to be at PNG?

4 hours ago, Texfootball said:

Not necessarily. These kids get killed. Sleep on floors or couches if they are lucky. Drop out. Become homeless..Get arrested. Etc etc etc. At these schools it's more about graduating these boys from HS. Not every program is as lucky as PNG or schools in our district. Believe me. It matters and the records reflect absolutely ZERO of the coaching talent David Satcher is. ZERO. PNG would be lucky to have him. State Champs Lucky!

Were more dropping out and getting killed and sleeping on floors while he coached than the guy before who went 5-5?  Are there not other schools with the same demographic in their district that he could’ve found a way to outcoach?  And Sean Payton wouldn’t make PNG “state champ lucky” next year.  

5 hours ago, warpaint101 said:

I find this real interesting (being sarcastic):

The PNG Head Football/AD position is NOT posted on Texas High School Coaches Association web site. That is going to limit the applications... look at WOS... Administration did not post on THSCA and only 13 applicants...

IMO they got their guy already.. really no surprise. like I said people already know.

PNG nation will be happy with him.. Good Coach with a lot of experience at multiple levels 

OK, this forum is about opinions.  In your opinion -- who do you think their man is that they already have?

I’m sure there referring to Chuck Langston. When they mention multiple levels I’m sure it’s him and not JDC. Chuck lived in PN for a good while and even worked for Faircloth for a small time frame. He is very respected here as a person and a coach. I always thought Faircloth would take a better job and had hoped we could get Langston here. This isn’t how I wanted to go down but I hope he puts in for the job. I think people need to realize he has always had Faircloth’s back and   wouldn’t do anything behind the scenes to hurt him or his family. He’s been fired and for a coach and especially his family it’s tough. I don’t think any board member has chuck as there guy. I hope he does apply and all the toxic bs doesn’t deter him but I’m not sure he will. We couldn’t get a better guy to run our athletic program and mentor our boys. He’s doing a great job at west brook and they love him there. Whoever gets the job I’ll support like just like I’ve supported png since I moved here. I would love it to be Chuck but if not best man for the job. CT

48 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

A very good friend and a current South Houston head coach called and asked questions about the job. Has ties to this area and graduated from Lamar, He would be a great fit for PNG if he decides to throw his name in the hat. A home run like hire, 

South Houston as in the area or South Houston as in Pasadena??

15 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Area coach or the one who used to be at PNG?

Really both, but one will come with more backlash than the other.

Leadership has got to understand, the voters are going to Google the new head coach’s last name. They’re going to find the win-loss records and the history, which will also find its way into every news media article about the hire. They’re going to see the rumors that have been circulating here and elsewhere for months, and people who have been slow to pass judgment are going to see that as confirmation that the rumors were true. And even if it’s a likable guy who’s cleaned up and rebuilt his career (I personally happen to like one of those two quite a bit as a man), it doesn’t make him the right guy to take over the PN-G program.

In particular, college recruiting is a concern to a lot of people. PN-G wasn’t shelling out many Roschon Johnsons, Jaylen Garths, Blake Bosts or Adam Morses before Faircloth. We’ve had more success at that the last six years or so than we’d had in decades. Y’all know relationships are everything when it comes to college recruiting, and Faircloth’s relationships at the next level went a long way for some PN-G alumni who might not have gotten a second look without him. Moving forward, a lot of your major programs are going to have concerns about appearances when the relationship is with a guy who has a history of NCAA violations.

I was in these threads telling people there would be tremendous political blowback over Faircloth’s ouster. Nobody in leadership listened. Now the school board’s in full bore damage control mode, calling around trying to get people to stop talking about it on Facebook because the outrage is multiples of what they thought they’d get and they need the conversation to die down. I hope they listen to my prognostications this time.

9 hours ago, 409PNG25 said:

I’m sure there referring to Chuck Langston. When they mention multiple levels I’m sure it’s him and not JDC. Chuck lived in PN for a good while and even worked for Faircloth for a small time frame. He is very respected here as a person and a coach. I always thought Faircloth would take a better job and had hoped we could get Langston here. This isn’t how I wanted to go down but I hope he puts in for the job. I think people need to realize he has always had Faircloth’s back and   wouldn’t do anything behind the scenes to hurt him or his family. He’s been fired and for a coach and especially his family it’s tough. I don’t think any board member has chuck as there guy. I hope he does apply and all the toxic bs doesn’t deter him but I’m not sure he will. We couldn’t get a better guy to run our athletic program and mentor our boys. He’s doing a great job at west brook and they love him there. Whoever gets the job I’ll support like just like I’ve supported png since I moved here. I would love it to be Chuck but if not best man for the job. CT

99% Correct.. Chuck is a great man and perfect for this job. I agree with everything stated except the statement in bold. From what I'm hearing its his to turn down.. but again.. JMO

Chuck Langston 

Playing History 
West Brook (Class of 91)
Oklahoma 1991-1995

College Coaching History 
Oklahoma Staff
1997-1999 (96 Grad assistant)
Trinity Valley
2000 - (5-6) - Region XIV Playoff
2001 - (4-5)
2002 - (10-2) - Heart of Texas Bowl
Central Oklahoma
2003 - (9-3) - 2nd Rd Playoffs
2004 - (8-2)
2005 - (3-7)
2006 - (5-6)
2007 - (4-6) 
Lamar University Staff
2013-2016
North Texas Staff
2017-2019
Record: (48-37)

High School Coaching History 
Groveton High School Staff
Trinity High School
2009 - (2-8)
2010 - (4-5)
2011 - (3-7)
Port Arthur Memorial Staff
West Brook
2021 - (5-5)
Record - (14-25)
Playoff Appearances - 0

1 hour ago, hitman009 said:

99% Correct.. Chuck is a great man and perfect for this job. I agree with everything stated except the statement in bold. From what I'm hearing its his to turn down.. but again.. JMO

OK, I'll bite.  There should be a reason for making this statement.  So, what is your reason?

2 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Really both, but one will come with more backlash than the other.

Leadership has got to understand, the voters are going to Google the new head coach’s last name. They’re going to find the win-loss records and the history, which will also find its way into every news media article about the hire. They’re going to see the rumors that have been circulating here and elsewhere for months, and people who have been slow to pass judgment are going to see that as confirmation that the rumors were true. And even if it’s a likable guy who’s cleaned up and rebuilt his career (I personally happen to like one of those two quite a bit as a man), it doesn’t make him the right guy to take over the PN-G program.

In particular, college recruiting is a concern to a lot of people. PN-G wasn’t shelling out many Roschon Johnsons, Jaylen Garths, Blake Bosts or Adam Morses before Faircloth. We’ve had more success at that the last six years or so than we’d had in decades. Y’all know relationships are everything when it comes to college recruiting, and Faircloth’s relationships at the next level went a long way for some PN-G alumni who might not have gotten a second look without him. Moving forward, a lot of your major programs are going to have concerns about appearances when the relationship is with a guy who has a history of NCAA violations.

I was in these threads telling people there would be tremendous political blowback over Faircloth’s ouster. Nobody in leadership listened. Now the school board’s in full bore damage control mode, calling around trying to get people to stop talking about it on Facebook because the outrage is multiples of what they thought they’d get and they need the conversation to die down. I hope they listen to my prognostications this time.

It's to late late.  The damage has been done.  I hope find someone who has thick skin.  Comes in and does it his way.  Satisfies the masses and the kids.  A tall order but hey, the school board made their  bed, know they have to lay in it.

Im sure they have the person they want. they were pulling the strings on this from behind the scenes for a long time and finally made it catch some traction. My bet is no one will be surprised when the hire is made. Only thing that will be of shock is whom all was pulling these strings!

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist