Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

48 minutes ago, Texfootball said:

He is a 1990 graduate. Played on the 89 quarterfinalist team.. Grew up in Groves. I'm sure he knows several of the SB members. He's chosen to take on some REALLY less fortunate programs including El Paso and Rayburn. Has a heart for underprivileged kids. But, don't let any of it fool ya. He's a phenomenal coach and super intelligent. He's been very successful while at programs that had any kind of talent. Heck, in El Paso they didn't even have a weight room. I'm sure he'd absolutely roll at PNG.

For "not being him" you sure have all the deets about him.  Unfortunately his coaching record is going to be a nonstarter for a program that's used to winning records and going to the playoffs.  Well, maybe not.  They just ran off a guy who does that.  Maybe they're looking for a guy with a heart of gold and connections to the program from way back.  If so, you, i mean he, might be the man!

Don't be fooled. Like I stated earlier.  El Paso didn't even have a weight room. Rayburn is not much different.  These kids are more concerned about if they are gonna eat that night than football. He's fed many a kid in his time at those schools. Mark my word. Satcher would sweep the floor with ol big Ned. 

Defensive guru. Mike Leach smart. Im telling you. Don't sleep on him. 

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

For "not being him" you sure have all the deets about him.  Unfortunately his coaching record is going to be a nonstarter for a program that's used to winning records and going to the playoffs.  Well, maybe not.  They just ran off a guy who does that.  Maybe they're looking for a guy with a heart of gold and connections to the program from way back.  If so, you, i mean he, might be the man!

I'm definitely not him but I know special coaches when I see them. And, I just might know a small amount about football. Sometimes.

In all seriousness,  you can't take into consideration his records at EP or Rayburn. Not even remotely close to what we have at PNG or pretty much any other school in the state. Heck, it's heroic to even take those positions. Coming out of Clear Lake HS as the defensive coordinator,  beating Katy in their heyday,  he could have went anywhere he wants and he did. He brought positive influence to some less fortunate kids.

The folks who know, know. Satcher would be a phenomenal coach. Talk about a treasure hiding amongst the weeds. Better get him here if you can. I'm telling you.

2 minutes ago, Texfootball said:

I'm definitely not him but I know special coaches when I see them. And, I just might know a small amount about football. Sometimes.

In all seriousness,  you can't take into consideration his records at EP or Rayburn. Not even remotely close to what we have at PNG or pretty much any other school in the state. Heck, it's heroic to even take those positions. Coming out of Clear Lake HS as the defensive coordinator,  beating Katy in their heyday,  he could have went anywhere he wants and he did. He brought positive influence to some less fortunate kids.

The folks who know, know. Satcher would be a phenomenal coach. Talk about a treasure hiding amongst the weeds. Better get him here if you can. I'm telling you.

You watched his teams in El Paso and Rayburn? You are a special high school football follower sir. 

1 hour ago, Texfootball said:

He is a 1990 graduate. Played on the 89 quarterfinalist team.. Grew up in Groves. I'm sure he knows several of the SB members. He's chosen to take on some REALLY less fortunate programs including El Paso and Rayburn. Has a heart for underprivileged kids. But, don't let any of it fool ya. He's a phenomenal coach and super intelligent. He's been very successful while at programs that had any kind of talent. Heck, in El Paso they didn't even have a weight room. I'm sure he'd absolutely roll at PNG.

Mr. Satcher won 8 games in 5 years, similar to Butch Troy's record winning 12 games in 5 years at png. No png resident wants to take a chance of going thru those coaching days again. IMO if you let a guy with Faircloth's resume/record go, a coach with a better resume/record should be the goal.  If not then it was 100% a political move by Administrators & board members.  

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Mr. Satcher won 8 games in 5 years, similar to Butch Troy's record winning 12 games in 5 years at png. No png resident wants to take a chance of going thru those coaching days again. IMO if you let a guy with Faircloth's resume/record go, a coach with a better resume/record should be the goal.  If not then it was 100% a political move by Administrators & board members.  

didn't you hear? Coach Satcher CHOSE to go lose at those programs because he wanted to help out the underprivileged.  PNG has nothing to worry about if they hire him.  

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

didn't you hear, Coach Satcher CHOSE to go lose at those programs.  PNG has nothing to worry about if they hire him.  

My Bad. I guess that good heartedness & Mike Leach smart on a resume would sway PNG hiring committee to give him a shot, despite the 8-42 record. 😀

I believe David Satcher is now the DC at Splendora.  In 2021, Splendora went 4-6 overall and 0-5 in district.  The defense gave up 291 points over 10 games.  Not exactly the 1985 Chicago Bears.  I'd tap the brakes on the Satcher to PN-G discussion.  But, I enjoy reading the comments in this thread, so carry on.  Peace.

P.S.  If you don't like the 2021 season, no worries.  Splendora went 4-7 overall and 2-3 in district while giving up 318 points in 11 games.

33 minutes ago, Texfootball said:

If you're not him, you're his mom or best friend.  And you can't NOT take into account someone's record as a head coach.  I'm willing to take into consideration that a program might need turning around, and that a coach might need a season or two to implement his program and see notable progress.  But when a coach takes over a 5-5 team, goes 4-6 the next year, and then in years 3,4,5 combines to go 1-29, you better believe I'm taking that into consideration.  All this "heroic" nonsense is laughable.  He only coached at Eastwood for one season.  if helping out those less fortunate kids was the goal, you'd think he would've stuck around for awhile.  You can't really take credit for working in the squalid conditions (under-privileged, no weight room!) when you dip after one season.  I'm not really at all sure what's heroic about taking over a 5-5 rayburn team.  The guy who replaced him and took over his 28 or 29 game losing streak the next year and won two games seems more "heroic" to me.  

10 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I believe David Satcher is now the DC at Splendora.  In 2021, Splendora went 4-6 overall and 0-5 in district.  The defense gave up 291 points over 10 games.  Not exactly the 1985 Chicago Bears.  I'd tap the brakes on the Satcher to PN-G discussion.  But, I enjoy reading the comments in this thread, so carry on.  Peace.

P.S.  If you don't like the 2021 season, no worries.  Splendora went 4-7 overall and 2-3 in district while giving up 318 points in 11 games.

10 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

89 indian?? You are a traitor!! How could you turn on Satch like that?? Just kidding. Lol

For the record, I like ProtonMail, too. Great email service. Very useful in Austin politics since it doesn’t track IP addresses and can’t be tied to individuals who wish to remain anonymous, or at least impossible to conclusively identify.

The casual observer may not understand why that’s relevant to this thread, but it’s relevant to this thread.

Records smecords. He is coaching at Rayburn. And coached at El Paso. Tell me what Clear Lakes Defense did when he was there? I get it. It's a measuring stick BUT, Satcher would win state next year with this group of kids. Sure we all want a coach who has coached 50 years and is u defeated and has win 50 state titles. Where the man is coaching does have to be considered and like it or not Nick Saban couldn't have a winning record at either school. Satcher is the man for the job. 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

DAVID SATCHER: 4 years,    *8-42-0*
—staff, Clear Lake—
2010  EP Eastwood                3-7-0
2012  Pasadena Rayburn      4-6-0
2013  Pasadena Rayburn      1-9-0
2014  Pasadena Rayburn     0-10-0
2015  Pasadena Rayburn     0-10-0

Is this the same guy?  If it is, then by all means do Nederland a favor and hire him!

You can’t be serious!

15 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

For the record, I like ProtonMail, too. Great email service. Very useful in Austin politics since it doesn’t track IP addresses and can’t be tied to individuals who wish to remain anonymous, or at least impossible to conclusively identify.

The casual observer may not understand why that’s relevant to this thread, but it’s relevant to this thread.

No comment LOL

10 minutes ago, Texfootball said:

Records smecords. He is coaching at Rayburn. And coached at El Paso. Tell me what Clear Lakes Defense did when he was there? I get it. It's a measuring stick BUT, Satcher would win state next year with this group of kids. Sure we all want a coach who has coached 50 years and is u defeated and has win 50 state titles. Where the man is coaching does have to be considered and like it or not Nick Saban couldn't have a winning record at either school. Satcher is the man for the job. 

Really?  so he was at Rayburn and the record gets worse over the last three years?  There should be some improvement especially by the second or third year.

43 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

If you're not him, you're his mom or best friend.  And you can't NOT take into account someone's record as a head coach.  I'm willing to take into consideration that a program might need turning around, and that a coach might need a season or two to implement his program and see notable progress.  But when a coach takes over a 5-5 team, goes 4-6 the next year, and then in years 3,4,5 combines to go 1-29, you better believe I'm taking that into consideration.  All this "heroic" nonsense is laughable.  He only coached at Eastwood for one season.  if helping out those less fortunate kids was the goal, you'd think he would've stuck around for awhile.  You can't really take credit for working in the squalid conditions (under-privileged, no weight room!) when you dip after one season.  I'm not really at all sure what's heroic about taking over a 5-5 rayburn team.  The guy who replaced him and took over his 28 or 29 game losing streak the next year and won two games seems more "heroic" to me.  

Not even close.

16 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Really?  so he was at Rayburn and the record gets worse over the last three years?  There should be some improvement especially by the second or third year.

Not necessarily. These kids get killed. Sleep on floors or couches if they are lucky. Drop out. Become homeless..Get arrested. Etc etc etc. At these schools it's more about graduating these boys from HS. Not every program is as lucky as PNG or schools in our district. Believe me. It matters and the records reflect absolutely ZERO of the coaching talent David Satcher is. ZERO. PNG would be lucky to have him. State Champs Lucky!

7 hours ago, hitman009 said:

I find this real interesting (being sarcastic):

The PNG Head Football/AD position is NOT posted on Texas High School Coaches Association web site. That is going to limit the applications... look at WOS... Administration did not post on THSCA and only 13 applicants...

IMO they got their guy already.. really no surprise. like I said people already know.

PNG nation will be happy with him.. Good Coach with a lot of experience at multiple levels 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist