Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

8 minutes ago, BBH said:

Jack Alvarez maybe interested in coming back to PNG if the offer is right. He is a proven winner wherever he has coached. He is at Cuero high school and they were one game from the state finals this year. He has been to the state finals in football three times and won it once at Ennis.

Alvarez would be an interesting choice.  At least he knows how to win a State Championship!

Based on pngisd actions with Faircloth after his 102-51 record, district titles & 12 out of 13 years of playoff runs, I would assume only head coach applicants with a similar record &/or state championship as a head coach at previous school would be in the running for the gig?  After all as some believe you should fire a head coach if he cant win a state title in 7 years at a school, then why would you hire a coach who has not won a state title at another school in 7 years? 

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

Based on pngisd actions with Faircloth after his 102-51 record, district titles & 12 out of 13 years of playoff runs, I would assume only head coach applicants with a similar record &/or state championship as a head coach at previous school would be in the running for the gig?  After all as some believe you should fire a head coach if he cant win a state title in 7 years at a school, then why would you hire a coach who has not won a state title at another school in 7 years? 

True dat! Why bother! 

Big mistake if they follow through with the rumor mill hire! will not be surprised as everything stated the last few months has slowly transpired. School Board and Administration will have an egg on their face for this one, that is for sure. No one is perfect, you have to weigh your options and take the lesser of 2 evils (win or ensure little Johnny plays). Watch the SS interview with Faircloth, you can see it in his face, no way he chose this! Going to be very hard to replace him, the school board has one chance to save face and that is to make sure they truly hire the best candidate even if its not their buddy. My heart and prayers go out to the seniors to be, they have put their heart and souls into the process as well as Coach considering his son was to be a senior to only have the rug yanked out from under them all. By the way when are the current board member terms up??

4 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

On the come up...yet to be seen. Do it for more than one year and get back to me.

BUT..... why wouldn't the HC consider PNG??? Facilities, tradition, winning season..... 

Haha

LCM is literally the definition of "on the come up"

This is the hidden content, please

46 minutes ago, 89er said:

Big mistake if they follow through with the rumor mill hire! will not be surprised as everything stated the last few months has slowly transpired. School Board and Administration will have an egg on their face for this one, that is for sure. No one is perfect, you have to weigh your options and take the lesser of 2 evils (win or ensure little Johnny plays). Watch the SS interview with Faircloth, you can see it in his face, no way he chose this! Going to be very hard to replace him, the school board has one chance to save face and that is to make sure they truly hire the best candidate even if its not their buddy. My heart and prayers go out to the seniors to be, they have put their heart and souls into the process as well as Coach considering his son was to be a senior to only have the rug yanked out from under them all. By the way when are the current board member terms up??

12 hours ago, P-Hot-N-Shot-G said:

Haha

LCM is literally the definition of "on the come up"

So if you do something one time in how many years...its considered "on the come up"  Get out of here with that nonsense. Do it for a couple years and get back to me 😉

19 hours ago, ATL4 said:

I think Faircloth is an exceptional offense coach and his success can’t be denied in his many years at PNG. That being said many people are acting like the sky is falling. Faircloth had many red flags. So many assistants leaving over the years. The IPad situation was a complete embarrassment and was kind of swept under the rug. I don’t believe the administration forced him out or they would have after the IPad situation. I think PNG will hire the right coach and they will continue the success they have had. With Sulphur Springs going from 5a to 4a I also believe Faircloth will be success there. Why are so many people upset? That’s what I can’t figure out. 

Speaking of assistants leaving and red flags, several are following Faircloth to Sulphur Springs.

Time to bring home David Satcher!!

Coach Satcher begins his 6th year of coaching at Lake, and has 12 years of coaching overall. He has coached at both the high school (Woodville, Brazosport and Bay City) and college (Northwester State University and Texas State University) levels. Coach Satcher grew up import Neches, Texas. His favorite saying is �never mistake activity for achievement�. According to Coach Satcher, the most important thing to learn from playing football is �working together in a group, having the experience of bringing diverse skills together so they fit into a single unit working toward a common goal, one in which everyone dose his own job�. The highlight of his time at Lake has been Region lll Championship game victory over Katy. He and his wife have one child, Alina. Coach Satcher also teaches P.E.

All the schools that Jack Alvarez has been the AD somehow the master's degree went away. PNG needs to decide if they want a football coach or an AD to run the athletic program for the district. When you restrict your candidates, you will be missing out on a lot of proven winners. 

I find this real interesting (being sarcastic):

The PNG Head Football/AD position is NOT posted on Texas High School Coaches Association web site. That is going to limit the applications... look at WOS... Administration did not post on THSCA and only 13 applicants...

IMO they got their guy already.. really no surprise. like I said people already know.

PNG nation will be happy with him.. Good Coach with a lot of experience at multiple levels of football. 

1 hour ago, hitman009 said:

I find this real interesting (being sarcastic):

The PNG Head Football/AD position is NOT posted on Texas High School Coaches Association web site. That is going to limit the applications... look at WOS... Administration did not post on THSCA and only 13 applicants...

IMO they got their guy already.. really no surprise. like I said people already know.

PNG nation will be happy with him.. Good Coach with a lot of experience at multiple levels of football. 

Sulphur Springs also never posted their job.

3 hours ago, Texfootball said:

Coach Satcher begins his 6th year of coaching at Lake, and has 12 years of coaching overall. He has coached at both the high school (Woodville, Brazosport and Bay City) and college (Northwester State University and Texas State University) levels. Coach Satcher grew up import Neches, Texas. His favorite saying is �never mistake activity for achievement�. According to Coach Satcher, the most important thing to learn from playing football is �working together in a group, having the experience of bringing diverse skills together so they fit into a single unit working toward a common goal, one in which everyone dose his own job�. The highlight of his time at Lake has been Region lll Championship game victory over Katy. He and his wife have one child, Alina. Coach Satcher also teaches P.E.

Thanks for joining the conversation, Coach Satcher. 

3 hours ago, Texfootball said:

Is he friends with the super. &/or school board members?

10 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Is he friends with the super. &/or school board members?

He is a 1990 graduate. Played on the 89 quarterfinalist team.. Grew up in Groves. I'm sure he knows several of the SB members. He's chosen to take on some REALLY less fortunate programs including El Paso and Rayburn. Has a heart for underprivileged kids. But, don't let any of it fool ya. He's a phenomenal coach and super intelligent. He's been very successful while at programs that had any kind of talent. Heck, in El Paso they didn't even have a weight room. I'm sure he'd absolutely roll at PNG.

4 hours ago, Texfootball said:

DAVID SATCHER: 4 years,    *8-42-0*
—staff, Clear Lake—
2010  EP Eastwood                3-7-0
2012  Pasadena Rayburn      4-6-0
2013  Pasadena Rayburn      1-9-0
2014  Pasadena Rayburn     0-10-0
2015  Pasadena Rayburn     0-10-0

Is this the same guy?  If it is, then by all means do Nederland a favor and hire him!

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist