Sulphur Springs…/Faircloth hired

navydawg31

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah that surprised me that the ole Marshall HC took the Bastrop job. I've never heard of Bastrop being good in football. 

They haven’t been, but there’s a push to change. One of quite a few changes happening in Bastrop right now.

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Interesting concept, but you're not taking into account the cost of all of the staff needed for the game, the cost of electricity to run the lights, the cost of all of the equipment for the players, maintenance on the field and stadium, the cost of trainers, etc. etc. etc., not to mention the cost of gas to run the players around in busses, the payment to all of the coaches who wouldn't even be there without football, and many more expenses.  High school football isn't making any money for the overwhelming majority of schools in Texas, it's costing them money.  Each student that shows up to class is drawing ADA money from the state.  while a teacher may not "make money for the school", they actually do the work that schools are designed for.  

Yep, the Enterprise did an article on the money made (or lost)  for the local schools.  There were only two programs that actually came out ahead, PNG and Vidor.   Nederland lost a little bit.

This is the hidden content, please

19 hours ago, MackLewis said:

But, you’re right, he built a program down there that was the king of region 4 and he ran through the region until he played region 3.   

Thanks, I appreciate that. I do appreciate you and the poster Reagan seeing the reality of the Danher - Calallen story. Its pretty obvious the 4A and 5A football strength in Reg 4 is indeed lesser than Reg 2 and 3, a cursory glance of who played in the Semis and Finals over the past 20 years clearly confirms it.

No doubt this fact will set Scientist Hater 14.2 off once again. I don't take the little guys rage personal though. He will disagree with everything I say, whatever it is. If I say "Water is wet", Scientist Hater 14.2 will scream "NO you are wrong, Its an absence of dryness you idiot".  Sad to see someone make such a spectacle of himself. Oh well, LOL.     

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Interesting concept, but you're not taking into account the cost of all of the staff needed for the game, the cost of electricity to run the lights, the cost of all of the equipment for the players, maintenance on the field and stadium, the cost of trainers, etc. etc. etc., not to mention the cost of gas to run the players around in busses, the payment to all of the coaches who wouldn't even be there without football, and many more expenses.  High school football isn't making any money for the overwhelming majority of schools in Texas, it's costing them money.  Each student that shows up to class is drawing ADA money from the state.  while a teacher may not "make money for the school", they actually do the work that schools are designed for.  

You're kind of reiterating what I'm saying. Every school that has a football team has those exact same costs you mentioned. I agree the overwhelming majority of schools' football programs are costing them money. What I was highlighting is that fact that those costs are more easily swallowed when programs are generating large revenue streams and that it's fine for those AD/HFC's to be compensated as such.  

45 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thanks, I appreciate that. I do appreciate you and the poster Reagan seeing the reality of the Danher - Calallen story. Its pretty obvious the 4A and 5A football strength in Reg 4 is indeed lesser than Reg 2 and 3, a cursory glance of who played in the Semis and Finals over the past 20 years clearly confirms it.

No doubt this fact will set Scientist Hater 14.2 off once again. I don't take the little guys rage personal though. He will disagree with everything I say, whatever it is. If I say "Water is wet", Scientist Hater 14.2 will scream "NO you are wrong, Its an absence of dryness you idiot".  Sad to see someone make such a spectacle of himself. Oh well, LOL.     

Lol, did you appreciate his entire post or just that one line? I let other BH football fans at work read your posts sometime and they find you just as entertaining as I do. Anyways, you can have it today. I'm off to the lab to try to help my "little guy" get his squat up over 500lbs before his junior season starts next year.  

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

Yeah I’m just using it as an illustration of the point.  If they did an updated one probably Ned and PNG would be the ones making a profit.

I doubt Nederland would… those stands are empty compared to what they were… what’s terrible is been a season ticket holder for 15 years and the person in front of us has 4 tickets and they haven’t came to a single game since the 2009 season… 

21 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know the SS job was basically a lock for BF with Riordan backing him but man, that Marshall job is open up there too right now. I didn't think Marshall was particularly well coached when we played them this past year, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but they had some legit personnel. With his offensive mindset and Marshall's talent at the skill positions I think he would've produced even better results than he did at PNG. Would've made more money, had better facilities and more talent comparable to the class than he will at SS. I know the safety of the SS job would've been tough to pass up though. 

BF doesn't need backing to get a job,

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

This is the hidden content, please

The way this article reads, they only intend to post the job for the minimum ten days. If that's the case, they probably know who they want and a hire will be made quickly.  

I don't like the committee he talks of without some form of community representation. When Lumberton went through this process a year ago, the committee that was formed was made up of a few admins, local business leaders, and community rep. They were given a list of applicants to interview. They then interviewed, narrowed down the list to the final 4, and turned over recommendations to the supt. Supt interviewed each and then made his recommendation to the school board for approval. Community had some form of representation which is important. 

5 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

I don't like the committee he talks of without some form of community representation. When Lumberton went through this process a year ago, the committee that was formed was made up of a few admins, local business leaders, and community rep. They were given a list of applicants to interview. They then interviewed, narrowed down the list to the final 4, and turned over recommendations to the supt. Supt interviewed each and then made his recommendation to the school board for approval. Community had some form of representation which is important. 

Question. Should all administrative hires be done by this type committee? Supt. hire? Assistant Supt. hire? Campus principal? Etc...

What about other sport head coaches?

No I don't believe all should be. I just liked the process we went through. Once the right AD is in place, the trust is there for him to make his/her own coaching hires for the other sports. Once the right Supt is in place, who the community theoretically hires via voting the school board members into position, he/she is trusted for hires to each campus leadership. JMO on the AD/HFC position that sets the tone for the whole community in all sports and extra curriculars that relate to each sport. When an AD/HFC truly gets community, the whole district performs well and feeds off each other. For example, it was awesome how both LCM & LR athletics supported each schools band through their competitions even being around playoff time. Academics improve, school spirit/ pride improves, school attendance improves, etc. It is a partnership between all parties.

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

BF doesn't need backing to get a job,

I agree in the general sense that a 100+ win coach doesn't need backing to get a job. However, if you're a 100+ win coach who has been pushed out by your current administration your new bosses are probably going to want an explanation of mitigating factors. Why would you pass up better jobs that were/are open like Pearland, Coppell, Plano East, Brenham, China Springs, Marshall, etc. for a rebuild job at SS if you're really that sought after? 

Now, SS may be BF's dream job and if I was the supt. I would absolutely hire him because there's probably nobody with a better resume that would apply for a job like that. I would just be very skeptical that you left on your own accord because you like our indoor facility though.  

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree in the general sense that a 100+ win coach doesn't need backing to get a job. However, if you're a 100+ win coach who has been pushed out by your current administration your new bosses are probably going to want an explanation of mitigating factors. Why would you pass up better jobs that were/are open like Pearland, Coppell, Plano East, Brenham, China Springs, Marshall, etc. for a rebuild job at SS if you're really that sought after? 

Now, SS may be BF's dream job and if I was the supt. I would absolutely hire him because there's probably nobody with a better resume that would apply for a job like that. I would just be very skeptical that you left on your own accord because you like our indoor facility though.  

Do we know this for a fact?  If true, was for good or bad reasons?

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Question. Should all administrative hires be done by this type committee? Supt. hire? Assistant Supt. hire? Campus principal? Etc...

What about other sport head coaches?

I think the committee approach for the superintendent and the AD are excellent routes to go for sure. Maybe the assistant supt. also, that way you have a check on the supt.'s powers and don't end up in a situation like we did in Crosby a few years ago. There's already kind of a committee process for hiring a supt., but I would have completely different committee makeups for hiring a supt. versus hiring an AD though.  

I think it's tough to hire any of their subordinates that way because you're somewhat stripping them of the powers you hired them to execute? I don't think the committee should hire the girls basketball coach and then try to hold the AD responsible for the results if they suck. I think you hire those two administrators through the committee process and then allow them to build their organizations in their own effigies.  

48 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Do we know this for a fact?  If true, was for good or bad reasons?

"Facts" are arbitrary these days, especially when you can also have "alternative facts" now. Judging from his interview where he was stating how much he loved PNG I'm sure BF's opinion on his departure is 180 degrees out from the guy that did the interview and said he left on his own accord. "Good or bad reasons" wouldn't matter, he would have to explain either one in a job interview. My first interview question to him would be, "Why are you leaving a program and community you and your family love so much to drop down and take this job if there were no issues?". 

If he was forced out for a "good" reason he wouldn't be getting another job as quickly as he did. If his new boss feels like he was forced out for a "bad" reason then he's probably your leading candidate and the hiring process is just a formality like it was. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think the committee approach for the superintendent and the AD are excellent routes to go for sure. Maybe the assistant supt. also, that way you have a check on the supt.'s powers and don't end up in a situation like we did in Crosby a few years ago. There's already kind of a committee process for hiring a supt., but I would have completely different committee makeups for hiring a supt. versus hiring an AD though.  

I think it's tough to hire any of their subordinates that way because you're somewhat stripping them of the powers you hired them to execute? I don't think the committee should hire the girls basketball coach and then try to hold the AD responsible for the results if they suck. I think you hire those two administrators through the committee process and then allow them to build their organizations in their own effigies.  

This is a little off topic, but I wasn't aware Lumberton ISD had appointed a search committee with community representatives on it to conduct their last head coaching search. I don't think PN-G's ever done that, and I think that's a good idea for the AD job and the superintendent's job.

15 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

This is a little off topic, but I wasn't aware Lumberton ISD had appointed a search committee with community representatives on it to conduct their last head coaching search. I don't think PN-G's ever done that, and I think that's a good idea for the AD job and the superintendent's job.

I agree. Really liked that process. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

"Facts" are arbitrary these days, especially when you can also have "alternative facts" now. Judging from his interview where he was stating how much he loved PNG I'm sure BF's opinion on his departure is 180 degrees out from the guy that did the interview and said he left on his own accord. "Good or bad reasons" wouldn't matter, he would have to explain either one in a job interview. My first interview question to him would be, "Why are you leaving a program and community you and your family love so much to drop down and take this job if there were no issues?". 

If he was forced out for a "good" reason he wouldn't be getting another job as quickly as he did. If his new boss feels like he was forced out for a "bad" reason then he's probably your leading candidate and the hiring process is just a formality like it was. 

Actually, your statement, "pushed out by your current administration" was NOT an arbitrary fact statement on your part.  It was a pretty definite statement.  OK, so you admit you don't know. I thought you did by your statement and I wanted to know what you knew about it.  

Let me explain good and bad for you.  Good:  Let go because the school said the coach has had a enough time to win a State Championship.  Bad:  If a coach is pushed out because of a preconceived buddy deal.