Silsbee at Vidor

BADSANTA

12 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

LCM already beat them twice in basketball. Do want to make a wager on the Silsbee vs Vidor game? I’ll be willing bet 1k on it. 

My G’son played for Ltown several years ago.  Ltown had a good team.  They won 20 games that year, but watching them play Silsbee was misery.  It was analogous to the Ltown varsity playing their 8th grade.  It was evident, even to someone with little basketball knowledge like myself, if Silsbee was playing basketball, Ltown was playing something else.  There’s a reason Silsbee is well known in the State for basketball.

Btw, Ltown did beat LCM, twice that year.  My G’son hit a three at the halftime buzzer.  😂😂🤣😂😂  G’pa was a proud old man.

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

My G’son played for Ltown several years ago.  Ltown had a good team.  They won 20 games that year, but watching them play Silsbee was misery.  It was analogous to the Ltown varsity playing their 8th grade.  It was evident, even to someone with little basketball knowledge like myself, if Silsbee was playing basketball, Ltown was playing something else.  There’s a reason Silsbee is well known in the State for basketball.

Btw, Ltown did beat LCM, twice that year.  My G’son hit a three at the halftime buzzer.  😂😂🤣😂😂  G’pa was a proud old man.

🏆🏆🤗🐅🏀

The disadvantage for Vidor is that they haven't played a team quite like Silsbee.  I guess the Hardin Jefferson game would be the closest, and that was a 32 point spread.  But the Pirates haven't faced a team that's capable of such a fast pace and can really light it up if the 3's are falling. 

The Tigers, on the other hand, face teams like Vidor practically every time out at this point in the season.  They know exactly what to expect.  The Pirates are 1 - 4 in district with the one win coming against hapless Bridge City.  It doesn't bode well.  I'm pretty sure that everybody will get to play.

This Silsbee team is interesting.  They can settle in and run a deliberate half court offense or they can play with reckless abandon.  And they switch gears at the drop of a hat.  It's certainly not boring.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

We all knew it was over early once the schedule came out.  

Lol, that was going to be my reply to @Tiger05.  You beat me to it.

Only reason I made that comment was that this thread seemed over the top to begin with.  Everyone who knows a basketball is round knows Silsbee will donkey stomp Vidor in basketball every time.  No contest.  Not sure how it is now but in the early 80’s, when my son was in 8th Grade at Vidor Jr. Hi. I made the first basketball practice.  The Coach has the boys in the stands giving them a rundown, then he says, “Btw guys, I don’t know anything about basketball so if any of you have any ideas let me know”.  It was all I could do to not bust out laughing. 😂😂😂

20 hours ago, Hagar said:

Lol, that was going to be my reply to @Tiger05.  You beat me to it.

Only reason I made that comment was that this thread seemed over the top to begin with.  Everyone who knows a basketball is round knows Silsbee will donkey stomp Vidor in basketball every time.  No contest.  Not sure how it is now but in the early 80’s, when my son was in 8th Grade at Vidor Jr. Hi. I made the first basketball practice.  The Coach has the boys in the stands giving them a rundown, then he says, “Btw guys, I don’t know anything about basketball so if any of you have any ideas let me know”.  It was all I could do to not bust out laughing. 😂😂😂

Hey we beat Silsbee last year in their gym, in a basketball game. I’m not lying, I was there. Handed them the L, no excuses, ifs, ands or buts about it. Now they may still be mad about it, every time we played them since they destroy us and seem to bring a little extra passion with it. We may have poked the bear in a sense, or a tiger in this case.

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hey we beat Silsbee last year in their gym, in a basketball game. I’m not lying, I was there. Handed them the L, no excuses, ifs, ands or buts about it. Now they may still be mad about it, every time we played them since they destroy us and seem to bring a little extra passion with it. We may have poked the bear in a sense, or a tiger in this case.

Pardon my ignorance, I had no idea.  Story should have made the cover of Sports Illustrated. Talk about a disturbance in the Force.  Did anyone check Nostradamus’ quatrains to see if he hinted at this?  Was Ripley’s Believe It Or Not contacted?  ESPN?  

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You beat our freshman/sophomore team, because of this stupid pandemic. It's still an L in the record book for Silsbee, but when you tell the story, tell the whole story. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Pardon my ignorance, I had no idea.  Story should have made the cover of Sports Illustrated. Talk about a disturbance in the Force.  Did anyone check Nostradamus’ quatrains to see if he hinted at this?  Was Ripley’s Believe It Or Not contacted?  ESPN?  

The Pirates weren’t very good last year but they can always say they beat Silsbee. Even if it was an extremely watered down version of the Tigers, still counted as a W on the scoreboard. Highlight of the year lol, yea it was a rough season.

9 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You beat our freshman/sophomore team, because of this stupid pandemic. It's still an L in the record book for Silsbee, but when you tell the story, tell the whole story. 

It was a weird game, kinda tough to watch lol. Silsbee without their Varsity or JV team and Vidor missing most of their team but we had a couple of Varsity players available to play that night. I bet you won’t ever see that result again… well I shouldn’t say never since we still are doing this pandemic thing.

21 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Makes sense now...

I knew something was fishy as soon as he said they beat Silsbee 🤣

Yes- and he was right about the Silsbee kids having "extra passion" because of how TACKY lumberton was after the game. The coach ran over to Silsbee's student section and taunted them, the Lumberton team DESTROYED our girls locker room that they dressed in. Spewed gatorade and water all over the place and due to some of the lockers having the holes like caging, ruined several of the soccer teams uniforms with the gatorade...it was a total mess...like they had won state or something. Now our kids had been out for 2 weeks with Covid and a few starters were still out, had not practiced or played in weeks...so there were several factors creating the perfect storm for Lumberton to win. They did win, and congrats to them for it, but all of that extra mess was uncalled for and classless!