Liberty County Quarterbacks

2wedge

Is it possible, that the best quarterback in Liberty County this season, was on the Hardin Hornet 8th grade team? If you've had a chance to see him play, you know how talented the kid is. 

Hull Daisetta

Hardin

Cleveland

Liberty

Dayton

Tarkington

I seriously think he would've started on most of these teams listed this past season if the opportunity had been presented. Dayton is the only question mark, and it's a big one.

It's the offseason, we need stuff to talk about, so what do you guys think? 

Dayton had a QB on the freshman team that looked really good. He had size,speed, and a very good arm. I really expected him to take over the varsity spot before season ended but he disappeared about halfway through the season. Rumor was he quit but I never heard the reason. Not sure if he will be back or not. The JV QB had lots of heart and played hard every down but didn't seem to have the ability of the freshman QB.

21 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Is it possible, that the best quarterback in Liberty County this season, was on the Hardin Hornet 8th grade team? If you've had a chance to see him play, you know how talented the kid is. 

Hull Daisetta

Hardin

Cleveland

Liberty

Dayton

Tarkington

I seriously think he would've started on most of these teams listed this past season if the opportunity had been presented. Dayton is the only question mark, and it's a big one.

I seriously think you have no idea the level of physical maturity between a 13/14 year old kid and a 17/18 year old kid.  Unless this 8th grader you speak of is one or two years older than his peers.. which would also explain why he was so dominant (I'm guessing that's what you're implying?).  No offense, but when an 8th grader makes other 8th graders look bad it doesn't mean that they could start for any varsity team in the county.  Don't get me wrong.. maybe the kid can play.  But I wouldn't bet the farm on an 8th grade kid from Hardin being able to even remotely do well playing with or against the teams in Liberty, Cleveland, or Dayton's district.. Let alone starting offense.  My thoughts, if that kid would've indeed been Hardin's starting quarterback last year.. he would've been running for his life against East Chambers, Woodville, Anahuac, and the others just like their actual varsity quarterback was.

Besides.. we're talking about the AD's kid? That's what I heard anyway.. What are the chances that A)Hardin keeps the coach around long enough to see the kid graduate anyway? (look at their track record) B)if the kid is as good as you're implying, why not take him to a school where he'll get an opportunity to shine? and win?

C'mon, guy..

Guest mrtomcat
39 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Probably won't have a choice.  Doesn't the community usually give the coach about 2 or 3 years to win a state championship before they move on to the next one?

What community?  Thats almost all of southeast Texas.  Hell, thats almost all TEXAS and college and NFL football too, if you pay any attention to whats going on in the sport.  Nobody keeps a coach around any more

5 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

What community?  Thats almost all of southeast Texas.  Hell, thats almost all TEXAS and college and NFL football too, if you pay any attention to whats going on in the sport.  Nobody keeps a coach around any more

Fair statement. Especially concerning southeast Texas.. CT was an exception but retired.  All communities are stupid for not allowing THEIR CHOICE to at least see the 9th graders through graduation.  Just my opinion, of course.  But to be fair, the most consistently successful programs (no matter the sport) have consistent head coaches. People claim they want someone to build a program and/or change the culture, then don't allow them time to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, 2wedge said:

Hull Daisetta

Hardin

Cleveland

Liberty

Dayton

Tarkington

Per local residents he is 15 and should be in the 9th grade. If that's the case and he was a 15 year old playing against 8th graders, I'd hope he would stand out some.  This has to be a hardcore Hardin fan or coach right here with this statement.....