Silsbee 61 West Orange-Stark 58/FINAL

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is that like his 2nd or 3rd game winner at the buzzer this season??

When Silsbee won the middle school championship in Houston he hit one.  He hit one against Summertree back in November.  He hit this one. Could be another one I don't remember.  

Some players just got that big time player vibe.  They have the legendary stuff going for them: they're humble, they make the big plays, hit the winning shots, make good grades, don't say much about it.  Harris is a star too. When a team and coaching staff got one like that you put the ball in their hands and let them take you as far as they can. 

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

When Silsbee won the middle school championship in Houston he hit one.  He hit one against Summertree back in November.  He hit this one. Could be another one I don't remember.  

Some players just got that big time player vibe.  They have the legendary stuff going for them: they're humble, they make the big plays, hit the winning shots, make good grades, don't say much about it.  Harris is a star too. When a team and coaching staff got one like that you put the ball in their hands and let them take you as far as they can. 

Agree!!

I had a feeling district play would be harder than many people thought it would be. Will Silsbee lose a district game? It is possible but I hope not.  It will be interesting to see if other district teams use the same tactics WOS used.  Maybe they can't because they don't have the same size front court.  The next WOS game, in Silsbee, will be very interesting.  It will be on YouTube.  Nice.

40 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I had a feeling district play would be harder than many people thought it would be. Will Silsbee lose a district game? It is possible but I hope not.  It will be interesting to see if other district teams use the same tactics WOS used.  Maybe they can't because they don't have the same size front court.  The next WOS game, in Silsbee, will be very interesting.  It will be on YouTube.  Nice.

Don think anyone else in the district will present much of a challenge.  Wos has the athletes to challenge and always has that bitter rivalry type atmosphere that pushes these type games.

41 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Don think anyone else in the district will present much of a challenge.  Wos has the athletes to challenge and always has that bitter rivalry type atmosphere that pushes these type games.

This was probably WOS best time to beat Silsbee. Don’t  think they will beat Silsbee in Silsbee. 

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Forgot Booker T had the 6-8 McDermott kid who is a sophomore.   After the way Silsbee has played the last few weeks or so, tough not to make Washington the favorite for that region.  

I still make Silsbee the favorite based on coaching and the fact these kids have been there, done that attitude.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I still make Silsbee the favorite based on coaching and the fact these kids have been there, done that attitude.

You might be right but they are going to have to play better than they have since Dallas. Booker T is bigger than WOS and they have at least 2 high D1s (who are 6-7 or better).  

And those two kids in particular have experience playing against better dudes than Silsbee has to run out there.  But not sure how solid their guards are.   Tough to judge since Yates is apparently weaker than they have been in years.  Hope you’re right though.  Would be nice to see the Tigers back home in SA.  

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One deciding factor could be Miller and Harris both played with McDermot this past summer so they know what type of player he is as well as he knows what type of players they are. Now let the Church say Amen.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Booker T is good for sure but looking at their schedule, I dont see many wins vs quality teams or teams ranked. Silsbee wouldn't see them until the Finals in Huntsville so, we have alot of basketball to play. 

Regional tournament is not in Huntsville. It will be in Lufkin

37 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Everybody mentions BT Washington's McDermott, but their other post Lewis is their best and their go to player.  

Yes by far.  Nice to have a 6-8 contributing piece for sure.  But Lewis, if that game happens, will easily be the best player in the gym.  And he is more of a wing than a post.  Will be the best shooter in the gym as well.  

If the game takes place as has been mentioned Silsbee's best and maybe only chance is to force turn overs from Washington's guards.  BT probably will run.  Running is in their b ball DNA. HISD / Houston area 4A schools have watched Yates run amok for years and they want to run too.  They prolly have some half court sets featuring Lewis' shooting.  All this is down the road, maybe six weeks away.  The focus now is district & LC-M.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Silsbee got some trash fans boyyy…they all over the court like they hit the shot 

I know somebody from West Orange didn't call ANYBODY trashy! Silsbee has literally had to walk their kids to the bus since they have been in Junior high because grown folks who cannot take a L want to beat up children!!! Numerous occasions! If that isn't trashy i don't know what is.