Only One Year ?

Hagar

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

the undying loyalty, and refusal to acknowledge that Trump played any role at all in not getting reelected is exactly what caused the hubris and arrogance that led to his downfall to begin with.  I thought he did fine as president, but he did a horrible job getting reelected.  Y'all can make all the snide "at least there are no more mean tweets" comments you want, but if the mean tweets had stopped 6 months before the election Trump would still be in office.  Cardinalbacker is completely right when he talks about about Trump supporters blaming everyone but Trump for his not being reelected.  yes, Biden sucks, but Trump's behavior put him in office.  It doesn't matter if Trump did a good job as president, he still pissed off or embarrassed half the country, directly leading to his losing the election.  When Trump acted in such away that he pushed voters to the polls to vote against him, and then lost to a mediocre candidate who's own party wasn't even excited about him, he deserves the lion's share of the blame.  It doesn't matter how bad Biden sucks now, or if voters would gladly take mean tweets over inflation at this point.  Trump was so arrogant that he thought he could act however he wanted, say whatever he wanted, disrespect whoever he wanted, and still be reelected.  That wasn't the case, and people still refuse to hold him accountable for it. 

I disagree with this analysis wholeheartedly and unequivocally. Trump's behavior was not the best in the world, but far, far, far from driving over half of the country against him. That was the success of the media. Don't let your hatred of the man blind you of the facts.

Many athletes act way worse than Trump, but as long as they are producing on the field, most will overlook much of the bad behavior. But if that athlete received 24/7 non-stop negative coverage and his successes on the field were dismissed and ignored, the bad behavior would be impossible to overlook.

And I find it ironic that when you asked some of the Trump haters why the bile runs so deep, many of them reply with "Trump lies". So if "lying" is such a big deal to them, why did they turn around and vote for a known liar and plagiarist? Could it be that the media covered up Biden's lies? But let's place all of the blame on Trump.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Huh?  I did watch the debates....

And I had a literal crisis of conscience on whether or not I could vote for him again after the way he behaved in the first debate.  By the time the third debate (the second got canceled) came around, I think he'd already lost the election.   That man did not deserve to be our President.... regardless of how "good" he was for the economy.  He was a horrible, divisive, repugnant pig of a man whose true colors were once again shown by the fit(s) he threw after he'd lost the election.  I remember how he was "offended" that Hillary didn't call on election night to concede... but then he refused to accept the results of the next election, up to and including a failed insurrection at our capitol.  

But don't blame his performance... blame people who reacted to his performance and voted against him.  

Yes, I do blame those that reacted to his performance and voted against him. Biden acted just as repugnant as Trump, but got a pass from the media. The media actually glorified Biden's horrible behavior. But I guess it's hard for some to evaluate the behavior of both when the hatred for one runs so deep.

8 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You have to acknowledge the cult like defense of trump.

Talk about cult. Biden tells a black man to his face he ain’t black unless he votes for him. What a ridiculous condescending statement. One of many things Biden had said and done but yet he got a pass from the media. He’s basically telling black people not to get off the plantation. 
Smh. I have hard time understanding how John James didn’t win his Senate race when you look at his resume and his campaign platform.

9 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

While ignoring the cult-like hatred of Trump. Funny you never acknowledge that. Could it be you are part of that cult?

It's almost getting to the point of hilarity. I place the blame on the media for Trump losing the election, while also admitting his faults. The cult haters of Trump place all the blame on Trump and ignore everything else. Many cult haters try to publicly shame and demonize those that dare not adhere to their cultist edicts. You must denounce Trump or be declared a leper, deplorable, outcast, etc. So who is more cult-like? You don't have to belong to a cult to know the answer.

Biden & Dems are:

Racist - divisive - liars - Machiavellian - inept - and incompetent, just to name a few.  Not just the expected individuals, but the Party line.  The Republicans aren’t saints, but compared to the Democrats, they’re close. If the Media was the watchdogs that the Founding Fathers anticipated, most Americans would know how pathetic they are, but our media today is so biased and continue to paint the Dems in a positive light, many have no idea.

11 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Here’s a good example of a cult i.e. Democrat/ Left Wing. We will cancel you and put you out of business including your foundations that helps people out of addictions all because you stand for truth and try to reveal truth. The cult gets to decide who the 1st amendment applies too.  

This is the hidden content, please

13 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Here’s a good example of a cult i.e. Democrat/ Left Wing. We will cancel you and put you out of business including your foundations that helps people out of addictions all because you stand for truth and try to reveal truth. The cult gets to decide who the 1st amendment applies too.  

This is the hidden content, please

But the Dims and their head Dimwit, biden, were going to end the divisiveness.  They have done nothing, along with the help of the media and big tech, but further divide.  But hey PamFam and CardinalBacker, no mean tweets from the WH! 

13 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Are all cults bad?  Would you think Christianity is a cult?  You know, defense of and support of Jesus. 

Some may have not liked Trump's tweets.  But his tweets NEVER made it into policy.  He put America first at everything he tried to do.  If you do not agree with this, give us examples of where this is not true.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, Englebert said:

I disagree with this analysis wholeheartedly and unequivocally. Trump's behavior was not the best in the world, but far, far, far from driving over half of the country against him. That was the success of the media. Don't let your hatred of the man blind you of the facts.

Many athletes act way worse than Trump, but as long as they are producing on the field, most will overlook much of the bad behavior. But if that athlete received 24/7 non-stop negative coverage and his successes on the field were dismissed and ignored, the bad behavior would be impossible to overlook.

And I find it ironic that when you asked some of the Trump haters why the bile runs so deep, many of them reply with "Trump lies". So if "lying" is such a big deal to them, why did they turn around and vote for a known liar and plagiarist? Could it be that the media covered up Biden's lies? But let's place all of the blame on Trump.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your interpretation of my feelings towards trump.  I think he’s a blowhard, but I thought he was a good president.  I voted for him twice.  I just happen to blame him for losing the election.  I don’t have some blinding hatred towards him at all, or even any hate at all.  He didn’t have to drive half the country against him.  This country is close enough to a 50/50 political split that all he needed to do was motivate a small percentage of apathetic democrats who wouldn’t have gotten out and voted for Biden, but went to the polls to vote against him, and alienate a small percentage of swing voters who do not base their vote on political parties.  There’s no doubt he did that.  

On 1/14/2022 at 6:21 PM, Unwoke said:

So what your saying is 81 million thin skinned uninformed idiots elected Biden. Got it. 

I personally think Trump was arrogant, cocky and rude at times but when you look at who he was directing it at they usually deserved it an then some. It doesn’t bother me one bit as long as he’s trying to do what was good for the American people. I believe he did a pretty good job. I liked him because he wasn’t a politician an he got things done. All the so called mean stuff is totally irrelevant to me. Just get the job done. DC has gotten so big it can’t even police it self. DC is a cesspool of vile wicked politicians that will destroy you if try to take away their power and gravy train. They do not care about the American people so you gotta kinda be a Meanie, sorry folks.

Say what you will but I believe the election was stolen based on everything that has came out since the election. Joke all you want but the Soul of this Country is at stake as we speak. That was not just another election. 

I agree with most of this, however I don’t think 81 million thin-skinned Americans voted against trump.  I’m willing to bet 65 million would’ve voted for Biden like they voted for Hillary.  The question is how many extra democrats got out and voted that wouldn’t have if not for their dislike of trump?  Biden was one of the least inspiring democrat nominees in history, and got 16M more votes than Hillary did.  How many non-partisan voters went blue this election to vote against trump? I’d imagine it was a fairly high percent.  The thing is, in some of the most important swing states, trump didn’t have to lose millions of votes with his behavior to lose.  In some cases it was only a few thousand.  

48 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I agree with most of this, however I don’t think 81 million thin-skinned Americans voted against trump.  I’m willing to bet 65 million would’ve voted for Biden like they voted for Hillary.  The question is how many extra democrats got out and voted that wouldn’t have if not for their dislike of trump?  Biden was one of the least inspiring democrat nominees in history, and got 16M more votes than Hillary did.  How many non-partisan voters went blue this election to vote against trump? I’d imagine it was a fairly high percent.  The thing is, in some of the most important swing states, trump didn’t have to lose millions of votes with his behavior to lose.  In some cases it was only a few thousand.  

I actually was just being facetious at the fact that Biden even received 81 million votes. The election was a fraud on a massive scale. No one will ever convince me otherwise. You certainly are entitled to you opinion. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with your interpretation of my feelings towards trump.  I think he’s a blowhard, but I thought he was a good president.  I voted for him twice.  I just happen to blame him for losing the election.  I don’t have some blinding hatred towards him at all, or even any hate at all.  He didn’t have to drive half the country against him.  This country is close enough to a 50/50 political split that all he needed to do was motivate a small percentage of apathetic democrats who wouldn’t have gotten out and voted for Biden, but went to the polls to vote against him, and alienate a small percentage of swing voters who do not base their vote on political parties.  There’s no doubt he did that.  

I can agree with you here. I lumped you in with all the blowhard Trump haters, just like I get lumped in with all of what Trump haters call Trump worshippers. We probably have a fairly similar view of Trump, but disagree on the effect of his personality versus the effect of the media. I still contend that nobody could have survived the bile and hatred thrown at him from the media. If he would have stopped the mean tweets even before his presidency started, he still would have been vilified by the media enough to swing too many voters against him. In fact, the media will make a second term for Biden possible after doing their hatchet job on the next GOP candidate. Romney couldn't defeat Obama in 2012 even after Obama's disastrous first term. Romney acted presidential, but was still vilified and taken down by the media...and he received far less vitriol than Trump. It's going to be interesting to see what lies and deceitful tactics the media will use next. Social media is already censoring GOP politicians, while letting Liberal candidates spout all of the lies they want. I didn't think it was possible for the media to get more biased, but I have a feeling I'm going to surprised.