Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

22 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I think Mansfield is just above Many, population about 4736 from 2019 census compared to Jasper with about 7403 from 2020 census. Much smaller school. Don’t look like it would be much of an upgrade to me. Just wonder if their is more to this story? 

Does not have to be "larger" to be an "upgrade". It may be an "upgrade for his specific situation".  

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I think Mansfield is just above Many, population about 4736 from 2019 census compared to Jasper with about 7403 from 2020 census. Much smaller school. Don’t look like it would be much of an upgrade to me. Just wonder if their is more to this story? 

dual retirement benefits is my thoughts. seen a few coaches move to LA for a few years then back.

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

it is north of Many on Hwy 171, The Wolverines, green & white, La. 3A school.

58 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Coach Alvarez started in coaching on Walkoviak's staff back in 1990 when I was still there, if I remember correctly. He was there until he took the Kirbyville job. It would be a good fit for sure. Bronson would benefit long-term from being on his staff. 

I thought Alvarez was at West Sabine before he took the Kirbyville job. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Coach Alvarez started in coaching on Walkoviak's staff back in 1990 when I was still there, if I remember correctly. He was there until he took the Kirbyville job. It would be a good fit for sure. Bronson would benefit long-term from being on his staff. 

Yep Coach Alvarez was my coach in 95. I think he will be a good fit for the Bulldogs!!