Convicted murderers, sex traffickers received COVID stimulus checks while in prison, court docs show

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Senate Republicans cried foul last week after it was revealed that Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev received a $1,400 stimulus check under the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill known as the American Rescue Plan of 2021, which was signed by President Biden last March.

Sens. Bill Cassidy, R-La., Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, offered an amendment on the floor at the time to block checks from prisoners, but it failed on a party-line vote, 49-50. The previous coronavirus relief bills also lacked any language barring imprisoned felons from receiving stimulus payments. 

"Senate Democrats blocked my amendment to prevent prisoners, like the Boston Marathon bomber, from receiving government stimulus checks," Cassidy said in a statement last week to Fox News Digital. "It is an insult to victims."

🤦‍♂️

This is absurd.  Both parties are worthlessly partisan to the point that neither will work with the other to pass necessary legislation.  this should've been a slam dunk for both sides to work together, and the left refused to do it.  there's no way that 50 democratic senators believe that prisoners should be getting government handouts, they simply voted against the republicans.  Of course, all that having been said, if the democrats had come up with the idea some republicans would vote against it as well.  

We’re arguing about a pitiful two time check to the poors while corporations and sham LLCs legally pocketed hundreds of millions via PPP and whatever nonsense bailouts they got

I knew those loans would inevitably be forgiven, saw it coming from a mile away. my only regret is that I didn’t participate myself. Won’t make that mistake again 

2 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

We’re arguing about a pitiful two time check to the poors while corporations and sham LLCs legally pocketed hundreds of millions via PPP and whatever nonsense bailouts they got

I knew those loans would inevitably be forgiven, saw it coming from a mile away. my only regret is that I didn’t participate myself. Won’t make that mistake again 

Nobody is arguing here, it just points out the pathetic positions your party takes.

19 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree, but my post was about the policies that democrats are willing to getting behind and it gets old when troll boy tries to hi-jack every thread.

We’ll at this point I believe there’s one party. The Uniparty ( The Government Party) against We the People. The Democrats don’t even try to hide their Hate for America anymore and the Republicans are just as repulsive as they sit by an watch like a bunch of Wussy’s. Oh they talk a big game but they don’t ever do anything about the Democrats Playbook. As for troll boy…he just gets excited when he gets play time after finishing his coloring books. I prefer to call him Jussie. 😁

28 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

We’ll at this point I believe there’s one party. The Uniparty ( The Government Party) against We the People. The Democrats don’t even try to hide their Hate for America anymore and the Republicans are just as repulsive as they sit by an watch like a bunch of Wussy’s. Oh they talk a big game but they don’t ever do anything about the Democrats Playbook. As for troll boy…he just gets excited when he gets play time after finishing his coloring books. I prefer to call him Jussie. 😁

Agree on all counts but it’s we the people that are voting these folks in.(most of the time, anyway). It’s our problem to fix, we’re getting what we’re voting for.

12 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree on all counts but it’s we the people that are voting these folks in.(most of the time, anyway). It’s our problem to fix, we’re getting what we’re voting for.

I’ve said it before an I’ll say it again. What’s being done to this country by our so called elected officials is Treasonous. Sad thing about it is that it’s not incompetence, it’s intentional. Fix 2020 or Bust!

2 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I’ve said it before an I’ll say it again. What’s being done to this country by our so called elected officials is Treasonous. Sad thing about it is that it’s not incompetence, it’s intentional. Fix 2020 or Bust!

It’s not fixable, we live in a country that  even if the votes were counted honestly,  a guy like biden with a lifetime record of nothing would still get almost half the votes even after the tremendous success we had under Trump. 

Just now, LumRaiderFan said:

It’s not fixable, we live in a country that  even if the votes were counted honestly,  a guy like biden with a lifetime record of nothing would still get almost half the votes even after the tremendous success we had under Trump. 

It’s fixable, but I don’t think today’s patriots can do it. It would take people willing to give up their way of living, their families, and for some their lives. As you said, voting can’t beat these sorry, crooked politicians. They only care for themselves and have proved it over and over. There just aren’t enough people willing to fight. 

12 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

It’s fixable, but I don’t think today’s patriots can do it. It would take people willing to give up their way of living, their families, and for some their lives. As you said, voting can’t beat these sorry, crooked politicians. They only care for themselves and have proved it over and over. There just aren’t enough people willing to fight. 

Agree 100%

6 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

So you’re no better than the crooked politicians you criticize, just not smart enough to pull it off.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Welp the country is screwed imo. The election corruption in this country is Deep an has been even before 2020. The tyrannical power grab in this country has to be addressed if we’re going to be a truly free country. It’s not even about Republican and Democrat anymore. It’s about Good vs Evil.