54 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

This is the hidden content, please

SHANNON CARTER
3 years, 10-20-0; 1-0-0

---staff, Katy Cinco Ranch, 2018---
2019   Goose Creek Memorial    3-7-0  
2020   Goose Creek Memorial    6-4-0 T
2021   Goose Creek Memorial    1-9-0

Another example of a coach being a better assistant than a Head Coach.  Again -- it's all about the coaching!

On 1/8/2022 at 9:31 AM, 2wedge said:

Chad Taylor might also be a good hire for them. The guy can coach, he just didn’t have the talent he needed in Liberty. I believe he lives in Baytown already, which is a plus. 

Coach Taylor lives in Dayton, currently. Commuted from Baytown to Liberty for quite some time, though.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, 2wedge said:

Should be a pretty attractive job I’d think. They should’ve hired Coach Maan when they had a chance a few years ago. The guys tearing it up out in Lubbock, as we all knew he would!! 

I'm not really sure how attractive the job would be to an established coach? Lower end of the payscale not to be an inner-city school, middle of the road athletes, somewhat limited control over your staff since you're not the AD and in 14 years of existence they've never won more than six games in a season. GCM has only won more than four games in a season twice in their history. On top of that they're most likely going back to 6A next realignment. 

I do think Coach Mann would've been a great hire but I don't think he could've done much more than be .500 with GCM's talent level. Even though he's in a tougher 5A-D1 district with LC, he also has a lot more talent comparable to the class up there. He also took over a program that was 12-1 the prior year.  

On 1/8/2022 at 9:31 AM, 2wedge said:

Chad Taylor might also be a good hire for them. The guy can coach, he just didn’t have the talent he needed in Liberty. I believe he lives in Baytown already, which is a plus. 

A different way to say it is that "He didn't have a scheme that could overcome the talent deficit he was working against." If he struggled with that at Liberty it's almost certain to happen at GCM. Hopefully Crosby doesn't lose any more staff to head coaching vacancies, I could see Coach Poth being a prime candidate for this job if the money got right.   

On 1/10/2022 at 4:34 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

A different way to say it is that "He didn't have a scheme that could overcome the talent deficit he was working against." If he struggled with that at Liberty it's almost certain to happen at GCM. Hopefully Crosby doesn't lose any more staff to head coaching vacancies, I could see Coach Poth being a prime candidate for this job if the money got right.   

I wouldn't leave Crosby right now regardless of what the money is. I really think the Cougs are primed for multiple deep runs and potential titles over the next 4-5 years, and once that starts happening, those assistants can choose any job they please.