Huffman-Hargrave 47 Hardin-Jefferson 85/Final

• bullets13 changed the title to Huffman-Hargrave 47 Hardin-Jefferson 85/Final

Huffman was off from the beginning. Barrett didn't play his starters for hardly for most of the 2nd quarter on. He subbed in kids all night that would never see the floor under normal circumstances. HJ is better. But they are not 40 points better. They could play that game 100 more times and HJ wouldn't shoot that high of a percentage again. Like I said HJ is better, but trust me it'll be closer when they play again.

1 hour ago, FALCONS2026 said:

Huffman was off from the beginning. Barrett didn't play his starters for hardly for most of the 2nd quarter on. He subbed in kids all night that would never see the floor under normal circumstances. HJ is better. But they are not 40 points better. They could play that game 100 more times and HJ wouldn't shoot that high of a percentage again. Like I said HJ is better, but trust me it'll be closer when they play again.

What’s not normal about the circumstances?? HJ shoots it well at home “ Always “. The secret for Huffman has always been to control the boards and the tempo. The Falcons win the match ups when they hold the score in the 40-50 point range. The 80+ games the Hawks always win! 

2 hours ago, FALCONS2026 said:

i don't think they're 40 points better, but they could've won this one by 60 if they'd kept their foot on the gas.  Shooting percentage doesn't matter much when Huffman couldn't even get into an offense (when they were able to break the press).  And that held true for the 1st quarter with the starters in just as much as the other quarters.  

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

Hmm now i havent been keeping up with huffman but didnt i see people expecting them to be right there with hj and hf?? 

HJ is a little better than last year, and Huffman is not nearly as good as last year.  That said, they're still a pretty good team, and this was an unexpected result.  I had HJ winning by 10-15 points.  Huffman is now 14-9, but pretty much every loss but one has come to a quality team with a good record, and only two of those losses have been blowouts.  Still, this is a far cry from last year's 29-2 squad.  Speaking of last year's team, what happened to Harvey?  Is he playing somewhere in college?  I tried the google and couldn't find anything.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

HJ is a little better than last year, and Huffman is not nearly as good as last year.  That said, they're still a pretty good team, and this was an unexpected result.  I had HJ winning by 10-15 points.  Huffman is now 14-9, but pretty much every loss but one has come to a quality team with a good record, and only two of those losses have been blowouts.  Still, this is a far cry from last year's 29-2 squad.  Speaking of last year's team, what happened to Harvey?  Is he playing somewhere in college?  I tried the google and couldn't find anything.  

Yep he is playing  at Trinity in San Antonio.

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

What’s not normal about the circumstances?? HJ shoots it well at home “ Always “. The secret for Huffman has always been to control the boards and the tempo. The Falcons win the match ups when they hold the score in the 40-50 point range. The 80+ games the Hawks always win! 

It's not normal for them to be out of a game by the 2nd period. If the game was still within reach those kids never see the floor.