2022 Season

On 1/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, Separation Scientist said:

What is your thoughts about losing BH, TC, SF and Crosby, and gaining Brenham, Huntsville, Nacogdoches, Montgomery, and Lake Creek?   

The new district will not be as strong overall not having Crosby, BH & TC imo. Montgomery is a solid team the others you mentioned are at best average. With PNG returning 17 starters & Faircloth they should be the favorite to win district. If Nederland coaches find a QB, RB & a few newcomers to step up on o-line & defense as playmakers they should be able to grab one of the playoff spots in this district. Should be very interesting how teams adjust with all the new teams & the travel.

On 1/8/2022 at 4:01 PM, NHSBulldogFan said:

Both QBs will do fine from what I've seen. OL is the biggest question mark. The reason I say WR is a question mark is can our returners match the production that Fuselier brought that remains to be seen.

I'm assuming you have seen the QB candidates run Nederland offense &\or in Fall\Spring practice? What are their strengths? Passing, running, RPO guys, Pocket passing?

11 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Gage is similar to Rene Cunningham imo. The new kid is a true dual threat QB

If any QB candidate steps up, is as athletic & plays as well as R. Cunningham did his senior year moving from WR to QB then Nederland will be pushing PNG's 17 returners for the district title. 

On 1/8/2022 at 4:01 PM, NHSBulldogFan said:

Both QBs will do fine from what I've seen. OL is the biggest question mark. The reason I say WR is a question mark is can our returners match the production that Fuselier brought that remains to be seen.

Are there any returning OL?  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not yet, but............ 

...........just saw some interesting news on another site, news I didn't even know about. 

Yea I saw that😬. It’s starting  to get late in the year for a Head Coaching change. Might want to get one out of retirement for a season or 2. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wonder how much SSHS is paying..........

I’d imagine they would match png or would be in the ball park. Sometimes less  money is going to be less stress and it would even out.  There head coach  just retired barely over 500 with one ring and was there a long time. I don’t blame the man for wanting to better himself.  They drop down to 4ad1 this year? 

21 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I’d imagine they would match png or would be in the ball park. Sometimes less  money is going to be less stress and it would even out.  There head coach  just retired barely over 500 with one ring and was there a long time. I don’t blame the man for wanting to better himself.  They drop down to 4ad1 this year? 

I haven't checked their enrollment number. I just got wind of the whole deal earlier today. 

EDIT: just checked, SSHS is at 1240. That should drop them. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity