2022 Season

2 hours ago, Raider24 said:

I really don’t know or care about JV records. Don’t mean much on Friday nights. It’s about development. Most teams best underclass men are on varsity. So it’s not comparing apples to apples.

There’ll always be some someone with a difference of opinion.  If you’re happy with your picks great.  I’m very happy with Vidor on top.  The other three are just a guess.  So:

Vidor - LCM - Ltown - HH   Or   Vidor - Ltown - HH - LCM   Or   
Vidor - HH - LCM - Ltown   Or   Vidor - HH - Ltown - LCM   Or

Vidor - _____ - ______ - _____ etc, etc, etc

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

There’ll always be some someone with a difference of opinion.  If you’re happy with your picks great.  I’m very happy with Vidor on top.  The other three are just a guess.  So:

So pretty much homer picks lol it’s fine man. I’ll be interested to see how Vidor reloads. Hopefully they starting the ball

22 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Has the time for opting up finished? Because Crosby is literally the smallest school in 5AD1. If teams opt up they will get pushed down. Barbers Hill is not far behind them either if I remember correctly. 

I don't think there is any way BH goes back down. As for Crosby, I am not totally sure they have to push someone down if someone opts up. It may just increase the total number of schools in 5A-I. I say this because the number of schools in each division vary, 6A had 246, 5A had 253, 4A had 206, and so on. Adding one or two Opt-Ups would not significantly change anything. What could possibly push Crosby down is if a school opts up that logistically needs to land in Crosby's district and there is no room for them. I am not sure of any of this, its just my view. Maybe others here know the details better. I think Feb. 3 is the announcement date.   

18 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't think there is any way BH goes back down. As for Crosby, I am not totally sure they have to push someone down if someone opts up. It may just increase the total number of schools in 5A-I. I say this because the number of schools in each division vary, 6A had 246, 5A had 253, 4A had 206, and so on. Adding one or two Opt-Ups would not significantly change anything. What could possibly push Crosby down is if a school opts up that logistically needs to land in Crosby's district and there is no room for them. I am not sure of any of this, its just my view. Maybe others here know the details better. I think Feb. 3 is the announcement date.   

Na, Aledo was D1 last time but since schools opted up we got pushed down. If anyone opts up I think Crosby goes D2. 

14 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

So pretty much homer picks lol it’s fine man. I’ll be interested to see how Vidor reloads. Hopefully they starting the ball

Homer picks huh....imbecible! Vidor will reload just fine. Good group coming in and following. 

"Hopefully they starting the ball"  huh?!?!  Starting the ball... first time using a computer or phone???

16 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Homer picks huh....imbecible! Vidor will reload just fine. Good group coming in and following. 

"Hopefully they starting the ball"  huh?!?!  Starting the ball... first time using a computer or phone???

Ok sorry. Throwing the ball. I hope you had a good Christmas. 

10 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Vidor is returning a good amount of key players back next season and played alot of underclassmen mainly sophomores this year. I'd hate to see them run it back again, but y'all stay sleeping tho.😂

Ain’t no one sleeping on Vidor, LCM, or L-Town for the next 2 years! Gonna be interesting & tuff. So you can take the underdog, lack of respect pov somewhere else. 

15 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Ain’t no one sleeping on Vidor, LCM, or L-Town for the next 2 years! Gonna be interesting & tuff. So you can take the underdog, lack of respect pov somewhere else. 

I still give the edge to LCM and Livingston because they're programs are evolving with their new coaches, Vidor and HH are just going through the motions

On 12/26/2021 at 10:02 PM, Hagar said:

JV team is part of development.

Alot of traveling for png, Nederland, Dayton.    Because all the opt ups and nearby team in different classifications.   My predicted district = PNG, Nederland, Dayton, Montgomery,  Lake Creek, Huntsville,  Bryan Rudder, Brenham, Nacogdoches.   Bidistrict = Galena Park, Texas City,  Santa Fe, Lamar Consolidated, Richmond Randle, Fort Bend Marshall, Fort Bend Willowridge

I'm not sure the UIL will take opt-ups into consideration when determining the total number of schools in the classes this year? It caused the 5A-D2 gap to be wider than they probably wanted it last realignment? One outlet I've seen has the 5A-D2 cutoff number moving to 1,934 when you take opt-ups into consideration, they still have Crosby aligned in a 5A-D1 district for mock purposes though. Probably the best looking/least questionable mock I've seen so far:

Barbers Hill

Crosby

Friendswood

Galveston Ball

Baytown Lee 

GCM

Baytown Sterling 

La Porte 

PAM

It would also make sense for GB to play in district with Manvel and Angleton too. In this mock Kingwood Park goes to region two with Porter which makes a lot of sense since their districts are basically across the street from each other. 

The reason I said I'm not sure the UIL will take opt-ups into consideration as far as the team counts in the class is because they put this out with the opt-ups already accounted for but haven't revised the cutoffs. Research I've done looks like if the UIL is going to modify the numbers that it would be done prior to January 15th:

This is the hidden content, please

21 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I still give the edge to LCM and Livingston because they're programs are evolving with their new coaches, Vidor and HH are just going through the motions

I think you've been dropped on your melon one to many times.  Vidor and HH just going thru the motions...huh? Well that "motion" won a DC and nearly beat Ch with a very depleted roster.  Before you come back with who went further in the playoffs...blah blah blah...Remember that Vidor took it to lcm on their field when both teams where at full strength. 

Was looking at some mocks ahead of realignment in regards to how Crosby would fare if we stayed in D1 and it actually looks very promising. If we could win the district we would basically flip-flop sides of the bracket from where we played in D2 in 2021.

Crosby would play in 9-5A-D1 so our bi-district would be HISD schools like the past two years in 12-5A-D2. If you played from the #1 position in the district you would avoid a potential district champ like Manvel or Cedar Park until the 3rd round. Manvel and Cedar Park are also the only two teams predicted to come back to the region that made it to the 3rd round last year with Paetow and FB Hightower moving to 6A. 

Long road ahead but with what we have coming through the program the next two years don't be surprised if Crosby wins four consecutive regional titles. I don't think there will be a whole lot of difference in competition between 2nd-4th round games in 5A-D1-R3. 

22 hours ago, Raider24 said:

You can going somewhere with the nonsense with underdog, respect, etc that you said... I said "sleeping" because everyone seems to think Vidor is losing a majority of the talent to graduation which isn't thecase. You must still be mad that L-Train blew a 27-7 lead to a depleted Pirate team.😂

38 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

I think you've been dropped on your melon one to many times.  Vidor and HH just going thru the motions...huh? Well that "motion" won a DC and nearly beat Ch with a very depleted roster.  Before you come back with who went further in the playoffs...blah blah blah...Remember that Vidor took it to lcm on their field when both teams where at full strength. 

I don't understand where ppl are expecting Vidor to drop off or go through the motions, do they know something we don't?

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

I don't understand where ppl are expecting Vidor to drop off or go through the motions, do they know something we don't?

Non-Vidorians always know more about Vidor and their football team. Yeah, Vidor is losing a few studs but who they have coming back and who will be filling their spots...Vidor is going to be A-Ok!

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

You can going somewhere with the nonsense with underdog, respect, etc that you said... I said "sleeping" because everyone seems to think Vidor is losing a majority of the talent to graduation which isn't thecase. You must still be mad that L-Train blew a 27-7 lead to a depleted Pirate team.😂

Man, I know more than most what Vidor has coming back next year and the year after. Y’all ain’t fooling me! I’m looking forward to a  tough District schedule each week. It will only help us all going into the playoffs. 
Now as far as last years game, yea, I am still a little disappointed in the outcome. Ok, maybe more than a little. Lol But I hold no grudge on something I have no control over. I think we all opened some eyes last year and are all headed in the right direction going into 2022 & 2023.