2022 Season

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Taking into account recent realignments up or down, players graduating and players returning, coaching changes, etc. who are the favorites in each classification locally? Who rises, who stays steady, and who falls?  Any new District champs in the making? 

Carthage will be a strong contender and should be the favorite. 
They return 10 on offense that played in every game. Freshman number 85 played tight end and was honorable mention in district is a super star in the making  he is 6’3 190 and did a great job. 54 at 5’ 11” and 275 lbs is another freshman on the D line with a lot of playing time. Carthage has only played three freshmen prior to this year since coach Surratt has been at Carthage. Cuff should be much improved at QB and bigger, stronger, and seasoned at 6’ 4” 200 pounds. Both running backs, two wide receivers, and four O lineman return. 
The Dawgs will have to replace 9 on defense, but two of the best classes moving up are loaded with play makers. We may see several freshmen on the varsity this year because they are the next great class and I do mean great class coming. They blew everyone that played off the map. Surratt was the QB and he is special. He is coach Surratt’s son. They have size and speed just like the 2017 seniors had at their age. 

13 hours ago, Horton said:

Carthage will be a strong contender and should be the favorite. 
They return 10 on offense that played in every game. Freshman number 85 played tight end and was honorable mention in district is a super star in the making  he is 6’3 190 and did a great job. 54 at 5’ 11” and 275 lbs is another freshman on the D line with a lot of playing time. Carthage has only played three freshmen prior to this year since coach Surratt has been at Carthage. Cuff should be much improved at QB and bigger, stronger, and seasoned at 6’ 4” 200 pounds. Both running backs, two wide receivers, and four O lineman return. 
The Dawgs will have to replace 9 on defense, but two of the best classes moving up are loaded with play makers. We may see several freshmen on the varsity this year because they are the next great class and I do mean great class coming. They blew everyone that played off the map. Surratt was the QB and he is special. He is coach Surratt’s son. They have size and speed just like the 2017 seniors had at their age. 

Your program is as strong as any I can remember. I grew up with Cuff's mom and that side of the family has done a lot in athletics in Southeast Texas for a long time. He's got the genes for sure. Your Dawgs will bounce back and hopefully ours will be improved enough on offense to make things interesting when we play Carthage again. 

8 hours ago, lcm93 said:

If brenham is in the same district as png and nederland. You can leave early and take a tour of blue bell creamerie!! It just down the street from cub stadium !!!!

In 2023 huntsville will have a brand new on campus football stadium!! One more year at sam houston state!!

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

1st team all district 

Qb Robinson*, wr Judge, wr Anderson, K Polio

DL wilson, lb brown, cb shaw

2nd team

Rb shaw, OL Jenkins, OL heard

Lb Jalen Lewis-Gilmore*

* Jr's next year

#7 mallet will be rb.jalen brown #15,and it will be interesting to see what they do with Marcus Turner at QB next yr.

44 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Your list was the 4 teams that made the playoffs & their order of seeding last year. I believe ‘22 will see the same 4 teams also, but the seeding will be different. District will be a battle each week.

I think Lumberton will be in the top 2 spots. If they can find away to put the game away. LCM is losing a lot but we will have our running back. I think we will return 7 to 8 on defense. 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:44 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Way too early, but going off DCTF's realignment district, this is what I think:

Crosby

Port Arthur Memorial

Barbers Hill 

Humble Kingwood Park

Baytown Lee

Baytown Sterling

New Caney Porter

La Porte

Goose Creek Memorial

Has the time for opting up finished? Because Crosby is literally the smallest school in 5AD1. If teams opt up they will get pushed down. Barbers Hill is not far behind them either if I remember correctly. 

4 hours ago, Raider24 said:

Bears/ Raiders finish either 1 or 2 

Pirates/ Falcons finish either 3 or 4 

I think the last two Pirate JV teams have gone undefeated.  Highly unlikely Vidor will finish worse than second.  Still, anything is possible I guess.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I think the last two Pirate JV teams have gone undefeated.  Highly unlikely Vidor will finish worse than second.  Still, anything is possible I guess.

I really don’t know or care about JV records. Don’t mean much on Friday nights. It’s about development. Most teams best underclass men are on varsity. So it’s not comparing apples to apples.

16 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

I really don’t know or care about JV records. Don’t mean much on Friday nights. It’s about development. Most teams best underclass men are on varsity. So it’s not comparing apples to apples.

I agree. Vidor first year they were in 4th place and this past year if Lumberton beats them they are in 4th place. LCM had a extra 4 weeks of practice with the jv and varsity players.