China Spring HC Bell resigning

LCMAlumtiger32

On 12/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Not to take anything away from him, but I think his Dad was the coach at China Springs before him. He had natural coaching connections and opportunities that many do not have. I wish him all the best. 

Yeah, opportunities forged by the hard work and success of his father, not only in the coaching profession, but in modeling what a successful coach looks like to both of his sons. His older brother was a star at Baylor as a QB, then was a successful HS coach which afforded him the opportunity to return and be hired at Baylor. Shawn was retained through a coaching transition so he must be pretty good at what he does also. Brian just won a state championship and knocked off both WOS and Carthage on the way to the trophy. But yeah, it's all about connections and opportunities others don't have. That's why he's a success. 

This argument is weak. The idea that fathers cannot forge a legacy which benefits not only himself and his immediate family, but also future generations of the family is insane. That's the goal of every father, to give their children opportunities either they didn't have, or had to break walls down to receive. No one is stopping anyone from breaking their own walls down and creating the same type of legacy for their family, but it's must easier, and more popular in 2021, to lay down, cry "privilege", and put your hand out to be given something you didn't work one second for. The children we are raising under this ideology have an interesting situation in front of them. Many of them will choose to be victims and will remain victims for the remainder of their lives. Some will see this for what it is, and understand that competition to get to the top will be less fierce than it has been in years past because the number of "victims" has increased. I hope some of them take the opportunity seriously and grab it. 

Congrats Coach Bell. 

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Yeah, opportunities forged by the hard work and success of his father, not only in the coaching profession, but in modeling what a successful coach looks like to both of his sons. His older brother was a star at Baylor as a QB, then was a successful HS coach which afforded him the opportunity to return and be hired at Baylor. Shawn was retained through a coaching transition so he must be pretty good at what he does also. Brian just won a state championship and knocked off both WOS and Carthage on the way to the trophy. But yeah, it's all about connections and opportunities others don't have. That's why he's a success. 

This argument is weak. The idea that fathers cannot forge a legacy which benefits not only himself and his immediate family, but also future generations of the family is insane. That's the goal of every father, to give their children opportunities either they didn't have, or had to break walls down to receive. No one is stopping anyone from breaking their own walls down and creating the same type of legacy for their family, but it's must easier, and more popular in 2021, to lay down, cry "privilege", and put your hand out to be given something you didn't work one second for. The children we are raising under this ideology have an interesting situation in front of them. Many of them will choose to be victims and will remain victims for the remainder of their lives. Some will see this for what it is, and understand that competition to get to the top will be less fierce than it has been in years past because the number of "victims" has increased. I hope some of them take the opportunity seriously and grab it. 

Congrats Coach Bell. 

OMG I did NOT say it was ALL about connections, nor did I try to spin any kind of "privilege" accusation, nor is there any "victimhood" or "insanity" here. I don't know what set you off but its totally unnecessary. All I did was mention a small but relevant piece of information that is indeed noteworthy to the topic. I am so sorry your feeling are hurt so bad about what I mentioned. I did not mean to trigger you or anyone else. I swear its almost impossible to express any independent thought without inadvertently triggering someone along the way. 

People in every industry do use connections to advance. Coaching is just another one, it apparently was indeed a factor here. Its not new by any means and its no big secret. I am sincerely happy for him, and happy China Springs won State. Dang.    

14 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

OMG I did NOT say it was ALL about connections, nor did I try to spin any kind of "privilege" accusation, nor is there any "victimhood" or "insanity" here. I don't know what set you off but its totally unnecessary. All I did was mention a small but relevant piece of information that is indeed noteworthy to the topic. I am so sorry your feeling are hurt so bad about what I mentioned. I did not mean to trigger you or anyone else. I swear its almost impossible to express any independent thought without inadvertently triggering someone along the way. 

People in every industry do use connections to advance. Coaching is just another one, it apparently was indeed a factor here. Its not new by any means and its no big secret. I am sincerely happy for him, and happy China Springs won State. Dang.    

If not meant to discredit his own merit in receiving the position at Baylor, why did it get brought up? A better way to say it would be to mention the success of his father and brother and applaud the continuation of that with the younger son. You didn't do that, you prefaced with "not to take anything away from him", and then made a statement that took something away from him. 

On 12/29/2021 at 11:19 AM, 2wedge said:

If not meant to discredit his own merit in receiving the position at Baylor, why did it get brought up? A better way to say it would be to mention the success of his father and brother and applaud the continuation of that with the younger son. You didn't do that, you prefaced with "not to take anything away from him", and then made a statement that took something away from him. 

If that small statement "took something away from him" then he really has nothing! All I did was say something that everyone else curiously left out. So is it the truth, or not???

I see you have 631 posts here in this forum. I bet I could EASILY parse and critique all of them and find dozens of example where you "could have said something different". 

I am so sick of this hurt feelings-snowflake culture! If you are wounded that easily please don't read any message boards! Something somewhere will bother you!

51 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Just funnin’.  Btw, doesn’t  Georgia Tech run it?  I think they did but not sure if they still do.

Gt ran the flexbone head coach Paul Johnson retired in 2018. Probably one of the best flexbone coaches out there and has a winning record doing it. Most games I’ve seen this year has been the option out of the shotgun. I believe the army and navy still run the flexbone. I don’t know any colleges that run the Slot T.

• 3 weeks later...