Lumberton 55 Tarkington 67/FINAL

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Isn't that what happened last year when Lumberton beat Silsbee?

They will never get it through their heads that's the reason they got district. Silsbee dosen't haft to sit two weeks out with out a game and practice with Corona. They don't win district.! And we haven't talk about Lumberton until they started talking about us I warned them to leave the Tigers alone and worry about the other teams in district. 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

1 minute ago, Who That said:

They will never get it through their heads that's the reason they got district. Silsbee dosen't haft to sit two weeks out with out a game and practice with Corona. They don't win district.! And we haven't talk about Lumberton until they started talking about us I warned them to leave the Tigers alone and worry about the other teams in district. 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

They would have still been tied for first place right?? Would have been co-district champs. 

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Man Lumberton was pretty good last year, they were up almost 30 in that game got to give those guys some credit. 

I give them credit for beating a Silsbee team who had been out for to weeks with no practice and games. But let say this who went farther .🤷🏻‍♂️😁

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Is Tarkington better this year?

Absolutely they are not. I'm not sure if the person who said they were actually saw both teams play in person but my guess is he is strictly making that observation off of records or scores/wins vs what he considers comparable opponents to last year. 

Last years team started 4 seniors and made a run into the second round where had Dibol not of broken one of their shooter's arms during the second quarter on a loose ball by absolutely running him over they may have moved on to the 3rd round. That was I believe only the 3rd time ever that they made it that deep for Tarkington. 

That being said beating Lumberton is always a good thing and I sure wish their coach could have been there to lose his mind for it.

6 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

Absolutely they are not. I'm not sure if the person who said they were actually saw both teams play in person but my guess is he is strictly making that observation off of records or scores/wins vs what he considers comparable opponents to last year. 

Last years team started 4 seniors and made a run into the second round where had Dibol not of broken one of their shooter's arms during the second quarter on a loose ball by absolutely running him over they may have moved on to the 3rd round. That was I believe only the 3rd time ever that they made it that deep for Tarkington. 

That being said beating Lumberton is always a good thing and I sure wish their coach could have been there to lose his mind for it.

I don’t think Tarkington beats them if he’s there, looking on maxpreps Lumberton handed them a 20 point lost in a tourney like 9 days ago. 

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

I don’t think Tarkington beats them if he’s there, looking on maxpreps Lumberton handed them a 20 point lost in a tourney like 9 days ago

I heard from someone who has a son on the team that the kids think the assistant coaches do better than the head coach.  At first I thought these kids just don't want to be coached hard, but then I remembered we've heard this story out of Lumberton before.

Same parent told me that the head coach has a bunch of user names on some message board and posts about himself.  I said no way on that one!

2 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

I didn't get to go to that game but my understanding when Lumberton beat Sillsbee in Silsbee the Tigers had their whole team back.

It has been stated earlier in this thread that Silsbee Varsity players did not practice or play any games for two weeks before that game. If memory is correct not all players where back and regular starters rotated more often than normal because of the effect of covid. A full Silsbee team did beat lumberton in lumberton three weeks before by 14 points. Lumberton got lucky the second time around last year. 

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Lumberton has  a first team all-district post player from last year that is hurt on the bench right now and another kid that started for them last year and this year but he broke his wrist. Those guys were starters last year. 

because you was first team all district don't mean you really was that awesome. i know that you know that. sometimes you get the nod just cause who your daddy is.

but yes the post is a good player - he is no Brock, is no superstar, and at best is a slightly above average player. he will never take over the game, dominate and create a win. 

the other guy is a starter, that's about it. above average ability, just average skill set, and below average mind set for the game

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

It has been stated earlier in this thread that Silsbee Varsity players did not practice or play any games for two weeks before that game. If memory is correct not all players where back and regular starters rotated more often than normal because of the effect of covid. A full Silsbee team did beat lumberton in lumberton three weeks before by 14 points. Lumberton got lucky the second time around last year. 

well honestly last year is last year and it really does not matter anymore - Lumberton won - but Silsbee went further in the playoff - end result Silsbee proved out to be better team for 2020/2021 season

the season is all about only getting to playoff - then once in playoffs to win state

if you are just happy making playoffs - probably should find something else to do

This year Silsbee is started at proving to be the better team - but you have to play ball - if i'm Silsbee, i come out pressing from start to finish and when smoke clears - leave no doubt for the bench warmers on this computer to talk about