***UIL State Championship Game Thread***

PhatMack19

On 12/17/2021 at 8:19 AM, no-look said:

I’m assuming #24 is a senior?  

Yes he is a senior but his younger brother was a freshman and is goin to be a beast as well... Then they have another younger brother in 8th grade. #15 junior #3 sophomore #32(Defense MVP) sophomore... Losing some great kids but have a lot of talent coming back and up

Westlake became only the 5th team in Texas Highschool football history to score 900 or more points in a season.(908)

Aledo in 2013 scored 1023 pts.

Gilmer 950 pts! in 2014

Navasota 921 pts 2014

Westlake 908 pts 2021

Refugio 901 pts 2013.

for Westlake that only is/was a shabby 56.75(57)  pts per game average.

23 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yep to a team that forced them to throw.  I like what LH does. The run the slot t the best but at some point you have to throw the ball. SOC was more athletic and deserved to win. 

You think Liberty Hill would do better if they switched to the spread offense?

I feel like they are maximizing the talent they have and achieving the optimal outcome possible with the talent they have on hand.

Lot of other teams that throw the ball a lot would love to trade places with Liberty Hill these last few years.

9 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

You think Liberty Hill would do better if they switched to the spread offense?

I feel like they are maximizing the talent they have and achieving the optimal outcome possible with the talent they have on hand.

Lot of other teams that throw the ball a lot would love to trade places with Liberty Hill these last few years.

No I’m not saying there in the wrong offense. I’m saying they need to throw the ball more out of that formation to be more well rounded team. They played good defense. There running the ball 99% of the time. That’s very predictable.Maybe go 80/20. Pleasant Grove imo ran that offense the best with the run and throwing the ball.  That defense they were going against was very athletic and it’s tough to beat teams like that. 

23 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Westlake became only the 5th team in Texas Highschool football history to score 900 or more points in a season.(908)

Gilmer 950 pts! in 2014

Navasota 921 pts 2014

Westlake 908 pts 2021

Refugio 901 pts 2013.

Franklin finished with 911 pts this season and could have over 1000 had they not called the dogs off by half most games this season... All while running the slot t

23 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Gilmer 950 pts! in 2014

Navasota 921 pts 2014

Westlake 908 pts 2021

Refugio 901 pts 2013.

Franklin avg 56.93 a game this season and gave up 169 total points avg 10.56. Most are trash points

On 12/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Gilmer 950 pts! in 2014

Navasota 921 pts 2014

Westlake 908 pts 2021

Refugio 901 pts 2013.

Franklin 911 pts 2021 is 4th out of 6 schools to score 900 or more points in a season. Not sure how I missed them on the previous post. I now stand corrected ( due to @lionpride08 informing me on his/her state champs points total).

Just watched the SOC vs LH game.  Biggest impression was the LH defense.  They held SOC to lowest points all year.  Other take aways.  QB for SOC is very impressive.  #17 on the LH Defensive line should play at the next level.  #10 for LH a good athlete, already committed to West Point.  No telling how many tackles #6 for SOC had.  Wow.

LH runs the Slot T well, but like Vidor, they need to be able to pass.  I can’t imagine how dominant SOC would be running the Slot T.  Good speed at RB & a QB that can pass.  Slot T teams need about 6 good passing plays to be used sparingly.  Pleasant Grove pulled it off in 2019.  Personally I like the offense.  The options are unlimited, but you need the option to pass.

Thought this was one of the better SC games this year.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, RedJollyRoger said:

I might be partial but I absolutely love 2A football. It's the "blue collar" ball...lol. Texas' bigger schools look like most other college teams with 300lb'ers everywhere and million dollar facilities...and the news is mostly about the numerous D1 scholarships they have. These kids have baggy pants and cleats that are too big/small...lol. (standard issue) These are your future working class folks that will be the backbone of this great nation in the future. Yup, you play both ways and special teams too...these young men will carry that "gotta have you" mindset into whatever it is they do in life.

Well said

On 12/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, Hagar said:

Just watched the SOC vs LH game.  Biggest impression was the LH defense.  They held SOC to lowest points all year.  Other take aways.  QB for SOC is very impressive.  #17 on the LH Defensive line should play at the next level.  #10 for LH a good athlete, already committed to West Point.  No telling how many tackles #6 for SOC had.  Wow.

LH runs the Slot T well, but like Vidor, they need to be able to pass.  I can’t imagine how dominant SOC would be running the Slot T.  Good speed at RB & a QB that can pass.  Slot T teams need about 6 good passing plays to be used sparingly.  Pleasant Grove pulled it off in 2019.  Personally I like the offense.  The options are unlimited, but you need the option to pass.

Thought this was one of the better SC games this year.

I read a article a while back about Liberty Hill in which the Head Coach made a statement that “if you pass more than twice a game your not a True Slot-T Offense.” Lol