Lufkin 58 Silsbee 74/FINAL

Lufkin a big 5A team came to Silsbee and tried to set their tempo, as AAW stated above, a fast slowed downed tempo. They would bring the ball down and pass the ball around and slow down the clock all the while having the defense run around trying to defend the ball and wear them down. Lufkin would pass the ball and find a chink in the defense and put the ball up relying on their 6'5' big in the middle to clear the boards and kick it back out. Well, this Tiger team is a different type of animal this year and this game our big man in the middle neutralized their big guy and our speed was a little faster than their speed and their game plan of wearing us down and taking control in the fourth quarter backed fired on them. You brought ten players and you left with an L. NEXT!!!

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Seems pretty clear to me that while United is clearly the best area team, Silsbee is the second best by a good margin as well.  They just keep stacking impressive wins. 

The thing about this team is you just dont see anyone taking plays off.  Everyone seems to give it everything all the time.  Then you have the Miller and Harris who can both get to the rim at pretty much anytime and can shoot the deep ball.  Add that to Haynes and Bottely who can both light it up from deep and get to the rim.  The bench has a bunch of speed and defense as well as some that can definitely get hot and shoot the ball.  

But to me the biggest thing so far this year has been the play of Williams down low, he is playing like he is probably 6 inches taller than he is and playing with the strength of an ox. Not to mention numerous times of jumping those passing lanes and making a big steal!  Things are going to be pretty interesting the next few years in Tiger land.  Especially if we can get those big freshmen to become producers and then add the possibility of getting Jones back next year….

Bottley made five 3 pointers. Probably had around 20 points.

Haynes played but he wasn't his usual self at all. May take a few games for things to start to feel right.

Still don't know the exact status of our 6`4 freshman. Haven't seen him since the injury. Hopefully he can come back and get some games under his belt later in the year.

3 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Bottley made five 3 pointers. Probably had around 20 points.

Haynes played but he wasn't his usual self at all. May take a few games for things to start to feel right.

Still don't know the exact status of our 6`4 freshman. Haven't seen him since the injury. Hopefully he can come back and get some games under his belt later in the year.

Thanks for bringing him up.  I believe his name is Billy Boulwen.  

A couple of facts since everybody seems to be an expert on Lufkin now.

1.  Lufkin is 15-2 now

2.  Lufkin's best post player did not suit up. He is their 1st or second best player depending on the night.

3.  I am not sure I would call Lufkin's schedule extremely weak. Not as good as Crosby's, I would agree. Played @ College Park who was a preseason top 5 team in Houston in some polls, went to Dallas to play SOC, West Brook, HJ, Center and went to Silsbee. You are right some are smaller teams but all those are ranked smaller teams.  I am not saying that Lufkin deserves to be ranked, just disagreeing with the extremely weak schedule part.

Just trying to clear up some of the misinformation on this thread.

20 minutes ago, tcufrog said:

A couple of facts since everybody seems to be an expert on Lufkin now.

1.  Lufkin is 15-2 now

2.  Lufkin's best post player did not suit up. He is their 1st or second best player depending on the night.

3.  I am not sure I would call Lufkin's schedule extremely weak. Not as good as Crosby's, I would agree. Played @ College Park who was a preseason top 5 team in Houston in some polls, went to Dallas to play SOC, West Brook, HJ, Center and went to Silsbee. You are right some are smaller teams but all those are ranked smaller teams.  I am not saying that Lufkin deserves to be ranked, just disagreeing with the extremely weak schedule part.

Just trying to clear up some of the misinformation on this thread.

This.

Lufkin's schedule is far from being weak.

That’s what Jim Hicks from RCS sports was saying they had people from RCS sports at the game last night so I said 16-1 that’s what I heard I was only a game off but I was surprised that with the teams in the top 25 of 5a some teams having more losses than wins that Lufkin isn’t even ranked I knew this would be a tough game for Silsbee against a very good Lufkin team Silsbee has plenty to work on but they seemed to have a will not lose attitude with exception to at least a couple of teams of course.

I see many teams with good records right now that play in Silsbee district..I can guarantee there is payback coming for Vidor and Lumberton from last years loses. LCM as well. Silsbee schedule is the toughest in the area only to United. Im excited about what this Tiger team can do. The Dallas Tournament will be very tough but helpful longterm. I look forward to Silsbee vs HJ as well. 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

I see many teams with good records right now that play in Silsbee district..I can guarantee there is payback coming for Vidor and Lumberton from last years loses. LCM as well. Silsbee schedule is the toughest in the area only to United. Im excited about what this Tiger team can do. The Dallas Tournament will be very tough but helpful longterm. I look forward to Silsbee vs HJ as well. RIP to Stevenash as I enjoyed going back and forth with him for years.