West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Could LCM get a few more transfers? Power seems to be shifting that way.

Have you visited WOS school and facilities lately, what coach would not be interested in coaching there.  Let alone the talent that we have. Why would the young men who helped shaped and build the dynasty that is WOS leave for vittles smh.

15 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don’t think Foreman will even want the job after they passed on him when Hooks retired.  He’s now coaching 6a in Killeen and apparently they’re treating him very good over there.  Not many coaches would leave a 6a job for a 4a gig…

He's so happy and treated so well that he applied for the West Brook job last spring. WOS is Foreman's dream job! Not saying he'll get it but, he will most definitely be applying.

I'm hearing the decision has been made for over a year by the Superintendant and he already has his guy.  From what I am being told is that it is the Silsbee coach on the staff that has not done much for our program since we got him there.  A lot of people in OUR community know Toby Foreman is the right choice, he is WOS and deserves to come back and led our program.  He will also care about other sports like basketball.  In fact our Junior high girls played last night and in one of the games they didn't even score 1 pt.  

Our athletic department needs help and someone that is paying attention to more than football.  Toby already showed that he can led our kids to State in a sport that is not football.  Either we need to get Toby or get a big name that is proven.  My two cents but we know that doesnt mattter.  I say this but know the decision is already made

How long has this superintendent been there? Does he realize that the popular choice would be Toby if he applies? Nothing against the coach from Silsbee (or to anyone else) but who better to understand the Mustang way than someone who grew up in the program, played for the program and who’s dad was instrumental in getting the program established? If he wants it the choice is pretty obvious. Any other decision is just the superintendent using personal reasons for the selection. 

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

He's so happy and treated so well that he applied for the West Brook job last spring. WOS is Foreman's dream job! Not saying he'll get it but, he will most definitely be applying.

I'm just saying... a program and fanbase that states they love and care of Foreman...  he even stated how much he loves Orange and the program himself...  But they went with a coach that was at the time 61 years old over a young, firey and enthusiastic young Coach in Toby.  They didn't think much of him back then.  Just saying, Since he is in a way better situation now, I figured the logical thing to do would be to stay put.  But I guess it's good to have a short memory or easily forgive.  To each their own.  

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just saying... a program and fanbase that states they love and care of Foreman...  he even stated how much he loves Orange and the program himself...  But they went with a coach that was at the time 61 years old over a young, firey and enthusiastic young Coach in Toby.  They didn't think much of him back then.  Just saying, Since he is in a way better situation now, I figured the logical thing to do would be to stay put.  But I guess it's good to have a short memory or easily forgive.  To each their own.  

I understand the point your making but back then that 61 year old coach had been the backbone of the Mustang program especially the defense on which we’ve hung our hat on for many years. (Decades actually). At that time he was the most deserving and obvious choice even over a young, fiery and energetic coach (but one without any HC experience at the time). It was simply Coach Ts time. Now it’s Tobys time. He’s now the most deserving and obvious choice if he so chooses. I believe the community wants him, the question is does the superintendent want him? For the good of the Mustang dynasty I hope he does. 

1 hour ago, marshman said:

How long has this superintendent been there? Does he realize that the popular choice would be Toby if he applies? Nothing against the coach from Silsbee (or to anyone else) but who better to understand the Mustang way than someone who grew up in the program, played for the program and who’s dad was instrumental in getting the program established? If he wants it the choice is pretty obvious. Any other decision is just the superintendent using personal reasons for the selection. 

In this season of social justice, renaming institutions like "the blue link," and the familiar outcry from the majority of citizens in WOS, race will be the primary reason for disqualifying white candidates. 

Y'all 'bout to find out about "equity" really means in terms of football, lol.  

3 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Is the coach that is being discussed from Silsbee from Orange, did he come through the WOS system Anybody? Where is my cuz, Coach Locks coaching at?

The coach on the current staff that is being considered for the job is from Silsbee. He graduated from Silsbee and still lives in Silsbee. His kids go to Silsbee school.

The Superintendant doesn't really know the area.  He has brought nothing but outsiders into WOS since he's been here.  He has continously brought people in from Dallas that don't even move their families here and commute back on the weekends.   Some of the Teachers and Students call him King Ricky because he feels its his way or no way.  He has ran off teacher and staff that are from the community and plenty of our really good certified teachers.  

Because of him we have trained Bridge City, LCM, HJ and surrounding schools staffs for years.  They have all started here and left mostly because of him.  I hear he putting together a pannel, problem is all his people are on the pannel so Toby is not going to get a fair shake.  He's hiring Hickman is what i been told and that is that.  I hope and pray Hickman is the answer even though I have never seen or heard of him.  He is own the staff now and coach girls track which hasn't done anything since Toby has been gone, but yea lets give him our best to see what he can do wit it.

19 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Low 90

That's why it's hard to get good coaches to come to SETX if they're not from there, even when you combine the HFC and AD positions. Not that money is everything but you can make significantly more of it coaching at some of the multi-ISD schools and not have the administrative headaches of the AD role to deal with. I think PNG may be the only outlier? 

Says Foreman got a 25% raise to over six figures when he left Central for Shoemaker. He was making about the same as CT was at WOS at the time. Killeen ISD also probably has a more accelerated pay scale than the one at WOS, meaning he's probably gotten bigger raises in 5 years than CT got in 11 years. I know one of the main reasons Flannigan couldn't wait to leave Westbrook is that the guy who replaced him, Coach Riordan, was making close to $50k more than him at Crosby in 2017. I think it would be tough to get a "big name" head coach to take the job because it would mean taking a significant pay cut. 

This is the hidden content, please

45 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

The Superintendant doesn't really know the area.  He has brought nothing but outsiders into WOS since he's been here.  He has continously brought people in from Dallas that don't even move their families here and commute back on the weekends.   Some of the Teachers and Students call him King Ricky because he feels its his way or no way.  He has ran off teacher and staff that are from the community and plenty of our really good certified teachers.  

Because of him we have trained Bridge City, LCM, HJ and surrounding schools staffs for years.  They have all started here and left mostly because of him.  I hear he putting together a pannel, problem is all his people are on the pannel so Toby is not going to get a fair shake.  He's hiring Hickman is what i been told and that is that.  I hope and pray Hickman is the answer even though I have never seen or heard of him.  He is own the staff now and coach girls track which hasn't done anything since Toby has been gone, but yea lets give him our best to see what he can do wit it.

Sigh

1 hour ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I am friends with a LOT of teachers at WOS-Elementary and the principal he brought there has been a nightmare to work with. I see several openings in the near future. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED