West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

Here's what I found about the others that applied...

This is the hidden content, please

A sad bunch. Where are the local guys, assistants from winning programs, "elite" coaches?

Nothing?

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm more surprised nothing was said about Coach Ferguson applying, I didn't know anything about it. It wasn't said on the other site either from what I've noticed. 

I’m surprised as well.  I didn’t know he was even coaching after the reason he got ran off from Shelbyville…. But not sure how that case was even resolved either.

Ferguson was a damn good football coach.   Maybe the best coach on that list.    But WOS did well staying away from him.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's what's so alarming

Just shooting straight.

No offense, but WOS had a lot working against it. The expectations are through the roof, but pay, facilities, and location are not very desirable… but anything less than an SC is gonna be considered a failure. 

Add to that a “woke” administration, a fan base that just tried to have a hall of fame coach fired based on charges of racism, and a precarious situation with the TEA and there’s just not a lot to love about the “opportunity.”

Hence the handful of retreads who applied… 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m pretty shocked on just 13 people applied for this job… 

Not me. Coaches talk among themselves. They know about situations at other schools. I mean if some in the town got a petition to get rid of a hall of fame legendary coach because he wasn’t doing things the way they wanted, what in the heck would they do to some new guy when he goes against them? 
No one wants to get into a toxic situation like that. 

37 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

One person wanted back into the toxic situation. Even after all the politics he went through at BISD.

Dumb question… how can a chronically bad program like BC get dozens of applicants when a powerhouse like WOS can only manage 13? 

Hint…. WOS isn’t as great as WOS homers think it is. 

Do you think PNG will have more or less than 13 applicants? 

😅😂😅

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Dumb question… how can a chronically bad program like BC get dozens of applicants when a powerhouse like WOS can only manage 13? 

😅😂😅

I’m thinking more than 40 will apply for PNG…. 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I predict it’s going to be a sad and shocking reality for Mustang nation when they start to look pretty pedestrian.  Hall of Fame coaches don’t grow on trees.  Again, I wish him the best but my prediction for Hickman?  Heartburn and a lot of it. 

For a school that moved to get rid of the “chain gang” moniker, it’s surprising that they hired a coach whose name is obviously appropriating Native American culture. 

They’re about to get a nasty letter from the Cherokee Nation, too. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

For a school that moved to get rid of the “chain gang” moniker, it’s surprising that they hired a coach whose name is obviously appropriating Native American culture. 

They’re about to get a nasty letter from the Cherokee Nation, too. 

Hiawatha was a Mohawk……

12 hours ago, MackLewis said:

I’m surprised as well.  I didn’t know he was even coaching after the reason he got ran off from Shelbyville…. But not sure how that case was even resolved either.

Ferguson was a damn good football coach.   Maybe the best coach on that list.    But WOS did well staying away from him.

What was the case against Ferguson?

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

😅😂😅

Way more, many in the millions 

13 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Here's what I found about the others that applied...

A sad bunch. Where are the local guys, assistants from winning programs, "elite" coaches?

Nothing?

I sure the local guys knew who they wanted and realized they had no chance. As for people outside the area... I don't believe the job was posted on Texas High School Coach Association web site... Usually Coaches take this as a sign... "don't apply.. we got our guy.. this is just a formality"..

5 minutes ago, hitman009 said:

I sure the local guys knew who they wanted and realized they had no chance. As for people outside the area... I don't believe the job was posted on Texas High School Coach Association web site... Usually Coaches take this as a sign... "don't apply.. we got our guy.. this is just a formality"..

This and a couple of other reasons.

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Just shooting straight.

No offense, but WOS had a lot working against it. The expectations are through the roof, but pay, facilities, and location are not very desirable… but anything less than an SC is gonna be considered a failure. 

Add to that a “woke” administration, a fan base that just tried to have a hall of fame coach fired based on charges of racism, and a precarious situation with the TEA and there’s just not a lot to love about the “opportunity.”

Facilities, really?

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Just shooting straight.

You hit the nail on the head. And this is coming from a WO-S graduate and longtime bigtime supporter. But it is what it is... the truth hurts sometimes.

3 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Facilities, really?

Y'all got rid of those concrete bleachers?  I miss those 32 inch step downs every time I want to go to that repurposed tool shack from over at Firestone that y'all call a concession stand.   

And the swampy parking lot on the visitor's side?  I miss having to lock in the diffs to get out of there if it's rained in the last 45 days. 

What about the world's smallest video screen?  Did they ever get that thing fixed?

Last time I checked, your band didn't even have uniforms.  Out there marching around like it's the first day of summer band camp in shorts and tshirts. 

I can go on all day. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y'all got rid of those concrete bleachers?  I miss those 32 inch step downs every time I want to go to that repurposed tool shack from over at Firestone that y'all call a concession stand.   

And the swampy parking lot on the visitor's side?  I miss having to lock in the diffs to get out of there if it's rained in the last 45 days. 

What about the world's smallest video screen?  Did they ever get that thing fixed?

Last time I checked, your band didn't even have uniforms.  Out there marching around like it's the first day of summer band camp in shorts and tshirts. 

I can go on all day. 

We all know you can go all day!

some of what you say is an opinion,some false

The bleachers some including me like,the concession stands are pretty new(I think you are referring to the old ones under the stands).

Visitor parking lot is concrete 

Video screen is the newest and biggest in our area for sure(new again after Laura got the first one)

The band has uniforms every year,although I am with you on the part of not wearing them ALL the time!

You should for the heck of it ride by or stop in and see what’s happening around there,especially the new event center/gym!

On 1/24/2022 at 1:31 PM, dj said:

My friend I hope so. But, ik for a fact that alot of ppl are pissed at (supt) from making this decision on his own.and they plan on voicing there opinion at the board meeting. He should've considered all the candidates bf he decided this on his own.harris went abt this the wrong way.smh.

If what you say is true, it should  have not gone down like that. A lot of people are angry. I just feel that we should support the students, and hope for the best. I truly believe that this coach will shine.

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can go on all day. 

I bet stepping down 32” and walking to the swampy parking lot was even harder heading after taking one of y’all’s regular beatings at that stadium.