West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

I think Mr Hickman will do fine if folks give him a chance. The supe is sweating bullets hoping he does or he could be doing a "wanna get away commercial" and Siberia won't touch it.  This whole Mustang thing is time tested and did not happen by accident.  I hope it continues with maybe even a wrinkle or two thrown in.  If not I wouldn't be in this Supers shoes if he threw in the britches.  Let's see what happens.

21 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

I think Mr Hickman will do fine if folks give him a chance. The supe is sweating bullets hoping he does or he could be doing a "wanna get away commercial" and Siberia won't touch it.  This whole Mustang thing is time tested and did not happen by accident.  I hope it continues with maybe even a wrinkle or two thrown in.  If not I wouldn't be in this Supers shoes if he threw in the britches.  Let's see what happens.

I guess the question is whether "fine" is good enough for WOS.  "Fine" is good enough for BC.  Heck, "Ok, I guess" is good enough for BC.  "Pretty good" is okay with Silsbee.  WOS has always had the pinnacle of coaching.... "Fine", "ok," "pretty good" and "decent" is not what the Mustangs have had in the past.    

Congrats on the "woke" hire.  

Anybody wanna bet on how long until they start renaming stadiums and fields over there, too?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess the question is whether "fine" is good enough for WOS.  "Fine" is good enough for BC.  Heck, "Ok, I guess" is good enough for BC.  "Pretty good" is okay with Silsbee.  WOS has always had the pinnacle of coaching.... "Fine", "ok," "pretty good" and "decent" is not what the Mustangs have had in the past.    

Congrats on the "woke" hire.  

Anybody wanna bet on how long until they start renaming stadiums and fields over there, too?

By your “woke” statement, are you saying he wasn’t the most qualified? If not, how do you know that? If he was, it wasn’t a “woke” hire.

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Anyone could win at WO-S during the regular season and they could win district without a coach because there's just not much competition.   We won't know if it's a good hire until we see playoff game results and it will take years to see enough playoff games to know.

Im with u on that!! I think they can win district.but playoffs are a whole lot different.and it brings me back to the Nederland game this yr.they were all confused.in the playoffs u have to adjust and be playing ur best ball.i think hick is a great guy. But,bringing this team to the next level I really don't know.he has never been a head coach or been put in tough coaching situations.and with the supe on his side lol, reminds me of my Dallas cowboys.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Personally, I am happy for H. He is deserving. I just hope he is given a fair shake on proving himself and this not be a 1-2 year thing. Got to have more time than that.

I also think the district could not have done wrong by hiring Toby. It would have been a good hire as well.

If he loses more than 2 regular season games, it will only be a 1-2 year thing.

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Do you think the racism that CT was accused of while the petitions were being passed around to fire him has been forgotten after he backed this hire ?

Lord have mercy, I hope this wasn't his motivation. 

WOS will now begin to fade back into a typical local program, and not a state power. The door is open for someone else to grab the mantle and run for SETX. 

Dyer gonna retire in May. Pierce could stay. But I believe the deciding factor could've been that he wouldn't bring in his own staff.  We'll see.

As for the time frame for achieving success... he shouldn't need more than 1 or 2 years. These sophomores, juniors next season, will remember what they've been taught since flag football.

The real question is, how much will change? First things first, I'm ready to see the schedule he puts together. Don't see him wanting to play Nederland 1st off. Gotta start with a win. Maybe Houston Kashmere?

5 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

WOS will now begin to fade back into a typical local program, and not a state power. The door is open for someone else to grab the mantle and run for SETX. 

Bingo... 

12 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Dyer gonna retire in May. Pierce could stay. But I believe the deciding factor could've been that he wouldn't bring in his own staff.  We'll see.

As for the time frame for achieving success... he shouldn't need more than 1 or 2 years. These sophomores, juniors next season, will remember what they've been taught since flag football.

The real question is, how much will change? First things first, I'm ready to see the schedule he puts together. Don't see him wanting to play Nederland 1st off. Gotta start with a win. Maybe Houston Kashmere?

Kashmere still have a football program?? 😂

40 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

I think that would depend on what teams are on the schedule.

20 hours ago, One4All said:

Actually this is the doublehead sword of CT , someone had referred to.

This is a well known fact .this is  his pick / Recommendation.... 

The Last "I GOT YOU" to his Best Friend's Son....lol

Really?  That's a weird (an!d rude) thing to say!  Maybe you should investigate before you post such a derogatory statement.

7 minutes ago, RanchHand said:

Really?  That's a weird (an!d rude) thing to say!  Maybe you should investigate before you post such a derogatory statement.

I said what I said , because many others and myself know it to be true....... Investigate What

If you are truly  part of the Program in & out ,YOU KNOW

16 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Someone just north of wos must ve seen the future with his remarkable timing of taking a new job (going 4 rounds deep)then neighboring school HC retires.

Pure genius.

This is it exactly. Maybe a lil birdie gave him a heads up. But the guy is smart enough to see the writing on the wall. More money, less politics... genius.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED