West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you are speaking of Hickman, that is not accurate.

All the years he coached at Silsbee I never heard him being called that name.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I just saw on a site that he goes by Tyrone but probably not accurate knowing the internet.

If so, they could call him coach-T

We are definitely living in the misinformation age

14 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Actually the MV program was rebuilt by Josh Finney starting in 2017 going 11-1 then 2018 going 8-4 before he left for Winnsboro. Briles came in 2019 going 8-3 then 12-3 on the way out in 2020.

You mean "Former Hull Daisetta Bobcat Head Coach Josh Finney", don't cha? lol

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Is there any way the administrators of this site can lock this thread until the actual name has been announced as to who the next head coach will be.  Asking for... myself.

Is there a way? Sure.

Why would we? It hasn’t gotten out of hand as far as I can see and it’s just speculation of a who might be the next coach, with some humor thrown in 

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

A search reveals it could be his middle name. Also his link in account shows he is the defensive coordinator at Silsbee. I guess yall professional people don't keep up with that one anymore?

Nobody calls him Tyrone. It’s “H”, “Big H”, Hiawatha or Coach Hickman. 

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, been here over 10 years now. I’m well abreast of your previous comments on the football and political forums which is why I know although your comment was sarcastic the place it came from wasn’t. 

I remember the same thing being said about Desoto’s administration/community when they wanted Peterson out to bring back Mathis. Are they really “woke”, as you repeated from Fox, or are times different than they were 20 years ago and more of the community feels like they should have a voice? Not that one way or the other is right but the overwhelming majority of minority schools also have minority coaches. Maybe those petitioners want a coach who more closely identifies with a larger amount of the kids he’s coaching? 

You’re saying the quiet part out loud with the “once proud program” comment. If I was a Bridge City fan the last thing I would be proud about is the football program, yet you comment on a program that would smoke y’all with their jv🙄

Hire the guy with the best resume, that is the most proven winner.   Period.   Regardless of race.

If that coach happens to be black, then congrats to those in the community that feels that race should be the sole deciding factor in the process.

If it’s Toby, congrats to those that want a home grown Coach that bleeds blue like they do.

If there is a better coach out there that has a better track record of winning games and building programs, then you hire them, regardless of race.

11 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Hire the guy with the best resume, that is the most proven winner.   Period.   Regardless of race.

If that coach happens to be black, then congrats to those in the community that feels that race should be the sole deciding factor in the process.

If it’s Toby, congrats to those that want a home grown Coach that bleeds blue like they do.

If there is a better coach out there that has a better track record of winning games and building programs, then you hire them, regardless of race.

Your screen name brings back some good memories. Good one .

4 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

If you will go to Shoemaker ISD main page, click under About Us, then click on staff. Under page 3 as you stroll down to the( "F" for Foreman), you will see that Coach Foreman is still listed as their head coach,)

If u go to West Orange Stark ISD page and look under football coaches a stroll down to H for Hickman it still stays asst football coach at WOS

13 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

If you will go to Shoemaker ISD main page, click under About Us, then click on staff. Under page 3 as you stroll down to the( "F" for Foreman), you will see that Coach Foreman is still listed as their head coach,)

I’ll just want until the superintendent makes the announcement because both school web site are not updated. Lol

17 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

I’ll just want until the superintendent makes the announcement because both school web site are not updated. Lol

Touché and it’s just a formality. Have you talked to a player lately? Unless they have been given the wrong information, it's what I'm hearing that it's Coach Hickman. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED