West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

18 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

How long is this going to go on, it takes too much energy to be this angry.

Definitely not angry. Just amazed how it ended up going down. My tax money has paid for all these bonds and upgrades. Only to have candidates blocked by the Superintendent. And then the board doesn't have the backbone to delay the hire. Even though Hickman won't take the job full time until July.

I could understand them not listening to me. But when the mayor, who is a former player and assistant, was on the committee and spoke out... board members should have been more willing to wait.

Trust the process, don't rush the process.

And for the love of blue and silver, don't rig the process

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y'all got rid of those concrete bleachers?  I miss those 32 inch step downs every time I want to go to that repurposed tool shack from over at Firestone that y'all call a concession stand.   

And the swampy parking lot on the visitor's side?  I miss having to lock in the diffs to get out of there if it's rained in the last 45 days. 

What about the world's smallest video screen?  Did they ever get that thing fixed?

Last time I checked, your band didn't even have uniforms.  Out there marching around like it's the first day of summer band camp in shorts and tshirts. 

I can go on all day. 

Don't they ever let you out of the home?  Did you happen to run into Elvis, Steve McCarty or maybe Richard Nixon while you were there.  After you realized it wasn't a home game did you try to wipe your feet or take off your shoes before you went in the gate.  But you don't have to sweat it anymore because starting this year all home games with Bridge City will be played on the Green Ave. Field until if and when the Cards get their first victory against the Stangs. This according to the recently board approved WOOTCA (Worthy Opponent Only Turf Conservation Act).

57 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Don't they ever let you out of the home?  Did you happen to run into Elvis, Steve McCarty or maybe Richard Nixon while you were there.  After you realized it wasn't a home game did you try to wipe your feet or take off your shoes before you went in the gate.  But you don't have to sweat it anymore because starting this year all home games with Bridge City will be played on the Green Ave. Field until if and when the Cards get their first victory against the Stangs. This according to the recently board approved WOOTCA (Worthy Opponent Only Turf Conservation Act).

I'm raising back laughing at this one!!

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Definitely not angry. Just amazed how it ended up going down. My tax money has paid for all these bonds and upgrades. Only to have candidates blocked by the Superintendent. And then the board doesn't have the backbone to delay the hire. Even though Hickman won't take the job full time until July.

I could understand them not listening to me. But when the mayor, who is a former player and assistant, was on the committee and spoke out... board members should have been more willing to wait.

If this is how you feel I respect that.

You are all right that there are a lot of reasons why there were not more coaches applied, but the bottom line is that just like what destroyed Kirbyville’s program is the fans wanting to run the program not the coaches. The fans stay on the administration and that is passed on to the coaches. 
State championship or else; it’s the superintendents fault; we will run the school board members off next election, keep it up, you will eventually destroy your program. 
Maybe some of you need to get the plank out of your own eye before you get the speck out of someone else’s eye.. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

You are all right that there are a lot of reasons why there were not more coaches applied, but the bottom line is that just like what destroyed Kirbyville’s program is the fans wanting to run the program not the coaches. The fans stay on the administration and that is passed on to the coaches. 
State championship or else; it’s the superintendents fault; we will run the school board members off next election, keep it up, you will eventually destroy your program. 
Maybe some of you need to get the plank out of your own eye before you get the speck out of someone else’s eye.. 

Don't get it twisted. We want the coaches to run the program, no the administration. They been a thorn in the side of CT for long enough. He didn't put up with it, so they got someone who will. This is just the straw breaking the camels back. The district has had many problems... @CardinalBacker will let you know all of them shortly..

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians!

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Don't get it twisted. We want the coaches to run the program, no the administration. They been a thorn in the side of CT for long enough. He didn't put up with it, so they got someone who will. This is just the straw breaking the camels back. The district has had many problems... @CardinalBacker will let you know all of them shortly..

This is the hidden content, please

Low report card performance on the district and yet 38 pages on this thread and public speakers at the last board meeting complaining about the HC pick. Hum. 🙄

23 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

2 words = TRANSFER PORTAL

2 hours ago, mat said:

Low report card performance on the district and yet 38 pages on this thread and public speakers at the last board meeting complaining about the HC pick. Hum. 🙄

Glad you picked up on that. What can I say? Obviously WOS priorities aren't always where they should be.

We voted for a bond to build new schools years ago. And test scores are still down. Is it the teachers? I'm not sure. Why do we not have honors/ap prep classes at the HS? Do we have teachers not capable of doing their job? Again I'm not sure.

Don't forget the first part of student-athletes, is always the most important.

40 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

That's not the point, would you care if they print Newton's scores just to single them out. Sure WOS needs to step up their game, so does other schools as well.

Step up their game?

WOS needs to step up at everything but football. Other sports are suffering too. But it starts in the classrooms on MLK.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Step up their game?

WOS needs to step up at everything but football. Other sports are suffering too. But it starts in the classrooms on MLK.

Well teachers are not always the blame. Learning starts at home. Communities vote for bonds all the time and they are not honored. We voted years ago here in Houston for the Astrodome to be torn down, guess what it is still standing.

Stepping up their game in the classroom, and all points needed.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:06 PM, Majestyk said:

If we live longer than methuselah we might see that.