West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

7 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

I don’t believe the players care about Coach Hickman getting the HC position since they already know him. What I’m really surprised at is how WOS fans are not backing our new coach. SMH.

It’s not that we’re not backing Hickman , it’s the way the superintendent went about hiring him. His mind was made up from the start. Like I said in an earlier post, someone much more qualified could have applie

39 minutes ago, marshman said:

It’s not that we’re not backing Hickman , it’s the way the superintendent went about hiring him. His mind was made up from the start. Like I said in an earlier post, someone much more qualified could have applie

Kind of makes you think of Dan Hooks who had never been a head coach in the mid 70’s. He was the DC at WOS til his head coach decided to leave and propped him up for the head job… Nuff said. 

28 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Kind of makes you think of Dan Hooks who had never been a head coach in the mid 70’s. He was the DC at WOS til his head coach decided to leave and propped him up for the head job… Nuff said. 

We get it smash mouth your a died in the wool, 100% Hickman supporter. Nuff said.

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I know. He wont put them through a murderers row non-district schedule. 

He may not have a non-district schedule then.   Cup cakes and 3rd tier programs still won’t be answering the phone when WO-S calls to fill a schedule.

They will still struggle to fill a quality schedule.   I would expect to continue to see LCM, Newton, Jasper and a few others on the schedule.   Everything else depends on how ambitious Hickman wants to be finding his 1st few opponents. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:40 PM, marshman said:

Wouldn’t surprise me any of Toby never applies again. The first time he didn’t get picked was understandable, but this one is different. 

Why in the hell would y’all want Foreman (Aka: Paul Wall the Peoples Champ)? I’m seeing all this about the community being upset he was not hired…Foreman has an overall record that is a good bit below .500. I’ve got no dog in the fight, as I live in Fort Worth, but I have certainly become a big fan of WOS football over the years. Is the community really upset that Foreman didn’t get hired? 

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

He may not have a non-district schedule then.   Cup cakes and 3rd tier programs still won’t be answering the phone when WO-S calls to fill a schedule.

They will still struggle to fill a quality schedule.   I would expect to continue to see LCM, Newton, Jasper and a few others on the schedule.   Everything else depends on how ambitious Hickman wants to be finding his 1st few opponents. 

Lcm isn't playing wos.... Peevy said that last year 

The problem most Mustangs have is the way the hiring process went. Everyone knew Hickman was the predetermined choice and that nobody else had a chance. Including the other coaches on staff that have been there for longer. The experience factor may not be too much for Hickman to overcome. He has been here for 6 years and likely learned more under CT than he did as Silsbee DC. 

112% committed to whoever the new coach is. Nothing is set in stone. But the agenda for Monday's board meeting will make it official. There's a chance for citizens to speak, and I believe some will have much to say on this issue.

Another thought... with all the racism claims being made recently. Perhaps CT said, "here you go, I'm out, have fun". The only thing against that is the man has so much pride in what he and others have built here. I can't see him handing over the keys to the bus knowing it's heading for a collision.

52 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The problem most Mustangs have is the way the hiring process went. Everyone knew Hickman was the predetermined choice and that nobody else had a chance. Including the other coaches on staff that have been there for longer. The experience factor may not be too much for Hickman to overcome. He has been here for 6 years and likely learned more under CT than he did as Silsbee DC. 

112% committed to whoever the new coach is. Nothing is set in stone. But the agenda for Monday's board meeting will make it official. There's a chance for citizens to speak, and I believe some will have much to say on this issue.

Another thought... with all the racism claims being made recently. Perhaps CT said, "here you go, I'm out, have fun". The only thing against that is the man has so much pride in what he and others have built here. I can't see him handing over the keys to the bus knowing it's heading for a collision.

Like I said before:  Having CT involved is a double edged sword.  The question one must ask themselves -- how deep did the loyalty go?  Answer this and you'll have your answer that's in the bold print!

51 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The board had there mind made up a long time ago .

I've witnessed what goes on in that WOCCISD Admin building firsthand when they ousted me for being the wrong color. Some of the other employees were upset because the district hired too many  white people in a row . It took them months to wrong the right and appease the others but they  prevailed. They had already interviewed and hired our replacements before they broke the news to us with some lame excuse . You know, I genuinely cared about students, regardless of their race and would've done anything for them. (that really scared the ones who didn't care)  The adults were just too much to overcome . The district is ran by Idiocracy

13 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

I will support new coach whoever it is. I'm not the expert some of those folk who sit in these quarterbacking arm chairs are but a new coach needs support. I do wish they would have taken a closer look at Wes Orrin Stark, (no relation), a new up and comer out there.

also Best Errnge Stork should've been given a look

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Well said. I do not have anything against Coach Hickman, heck I do not even know the man. I can truthfully say the comments I’ve heard from people and the ones I’ve read have all been positive about him so there’s that, also I worked with a guy that lives in Silsbee and had kids involved in HS athletics there back when he Hickman was there and I remember back when WOS hired him he said we were getting a good guy so there’s that also.  It’s just the way this superintendent went about this whole process. He had the guy he wanted come h*ll or high water. No matter who applied. 

@dj 

We seem to be the only ones that saw the lack of leadership week 1 vs Nederland. I've been told that Dyer was in command with CT being in hospital. Why didn't the "Coach in waiting" lead the team that night?

That was a mess of a game to say the least. I was sitting couple rows behind Pookie and "Steve harvey", sorry I don't know his real name, but u probably know exactly who I'm talking bout. They argued the whole 1st half about how everyone says its CT fault when things don't go right. Who's fault was it that night? Who's fault will it be next season? 

I hate to bring politics in this. But its like how they still blame 45 for Biden's problems.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED