West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Just out of curiosity...  CT was labeled a racist by the community this year, so shouldn't that label apply to Toby, too?  I mean, they're friends and stuff.

Guilty by association.  There's no way the super can hire him. 

I believe the panel will make a good choice giving all of the candidates a fair shake.  On a possible positive note one of the cerebral wonders who didn't like the "Chain Gang" has reportedly moved on and is now the Executive Administrator of the Navigational Orbiter Mechanics Calculations unit at NASA.  Aloha.

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I presume card..backer is from Bridge city.  A statement made by someone who lives in the whitest town in Texas.

Whitest towns in Texas. No. 1 is Br. city....no.2 is Lumberton...no.3 is Vidor.

While your at it, can you name the three blackest towns in the area? Just kidding. I’m just poking the beat.

7 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Is there a list of applicants yet? I'm curious to see who applied for this. I know money is a factor and that WOS fans want Foreman, but this is one of the best jobs in all of Texas and I want to know who wants it. Now. 🤣🤣

Not sure about a list but I've been told only two applicants are being considered for the job. Hickman and Foreman.

19 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Your missing the point.Toby knows WOS offense and defensive scheme.You hire someone from outside and they may change what has worked for WOS through the years.You change that and you set yourself up for failure.Seen many of programs with lots of athletes that never succeed. 

Scheme?? do you think DH/CT/TF are the only ones that run spread with 10/11/20 personal?? the only ones to run that kind of Defense?? The only ones that has those plays?? you think they made these up and are the founders and are the only ones who can have success?? Who is to say that a outsider can't come in and actually do better!

WOS is WOS not solely because of the AD's program and schemes. WOS is WOS because of they type of Athletes the community produces. It starts a flag football and the pop warner program. I have seen the type of practices and work ethic the community demands of their football at a young age. When they get to High School they have a edge already!

I personally think almost anyone who gets this job will be successful as long as the community gives the new AD, who ever it is, the chance. Scheme is easy when you have the players.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not sure about a list but I've been told only two applicants are being considered for the job. Hickman and Foreman.

I'm hearing that there is only 2 candidates but the Sup only has one which is Hickman.  Sad that we didn't even advertise on the major coaching bords but just on our school website.  The Sup is from Dallas and acts like Jerry Jones, he is only going to pick someone he can control.  Coach T did what he wanted this next guy will do what the Sup wants.  

34 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I'm hearing that there is only 2 candidates but the Sup only has one which is Hickman.  Sad that we didn't even advertise on the major coaching bords but just on our school website.  The Sup is from Dallas and acts like Jerry Jones, he is only going to pick someone he can control.  Coach T did what he wanted this next guy will do what the Sup wants.  

And we all know where that can lead

2 hours ago, hitman009 said:

Scheme?? do you think DH/CT/TF are the only ones that run spread with 10/11/20 personal?? the only ones to run that kind of Defense?? The only ones that has those plays?? you think they made these up and are the founders and are the only ones who can have success?? Who is to say that a outsider can't come in and actually do better!

WOS is WOS not solely because of the AD's program and schemes. WOS is WOS because of they type of Athletes the community produces. It starts a flag football and the pop warner program. I have seen the type of practices and work ethic the community demands of their football at a young age. When they get to High School they have a edge already!

I personally think almost anyone who gets this job will be successful as long as the community gives the new AD, who ever it is, the chance. Scheme is easy when you have the players.

I typed something similar last night but never posted it.

YEAR: 2075, the children who were in 1st grade at WOS in 2022 are now grandparents and… WOSHS is looking for a new head football coach. There is concern in the community however because Dan Hooks scheme might change if an “outsider” is brought in.

But…. wasn’t Hooks an outsider?

:)

19 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I typed something similar last night but never posted it.

YEAR: 2075, the children who were in 1st grade at WOS in 2022 are now grandparents and… WOSHS is looking for a new head football coach. There is concern in the community however because Dan Hooks scheme might change if an “outsider” is brought in.

But…. wasn’t Hooks an outsider?

:)

No, Hooks worked under McCarty.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If coach Foreman is not picked, ticket sales will go down and, for the first time I do believe that LCM will get a lot of WOS players. The town wants coach Foreman and they are paying the taxes over there. If they can't make a decision, they should hire them both as head coaches for defense, and Offense. JMO

5 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

If coach Foreman is not picked, ticket sales will go down and, for the first time I do believe that LCM will get a lot of WOS players. The town wants coach Foreman and they are paying the taxes over there. If they can't make a decision, they should hire them both as head coaches for defense, and Offense. JMO

I doubt ticket sales will go down. The kids still have family and friends that will support and I’ve talked to several parents and they never mentioned it had to be Tobey. Hickman has already established a rapport with the players.  IMO Hickman should get it. 

2 minutes ago, KB24 said:

I doubt ticket sales will go down. The kids still have family and friends that will support and I’ve talked to several parents and they never mentioned it had to be Tobey. Hickman has already established a rapport with the players.  IMO Hickman should get it. 

Depends on who you are talking to. I don't care who they hire at this point. I just want everyone to get what they want. You can't please everyone.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If n one has seen the list then we can't be sure these are the most qualified applicants.  If the list is not made available, then there is a strong possibility that agendas could be involved.  Not picking on WOS.  It happens everywhere!

28 minutes ago, KB24 said:

It’s like you got WOS blinders on…all the way from Silsbee lol.Really though Hick has the support and everyone loves him but he’s not ready to take over WOS,Toby won’t miss a beat and that’s the difference imo!

40 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

You typed it wrong or I’m reading it wrong but it looks like you’re at least somewhat agreeing with what I’ve been saying…It’s the truth too,I’ve seen people jump to LCM for a long time and for worse reasons!

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED