West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

44 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

It takes a special type of coach for this job. Someone who knows how the program operates and can keep the traditions alive. It has to be someone who has been involved with the program that won’t come in and try to change the system that has worked for many many of years. I would like to see this program keep doing what it has been doing and keep everything the same because it works and it works very well.

The community only cares about one thing over there these days. And it ain’t winning.  

15 minutes ago, mat said:

It will be about chemistry. The right fit will be essential. Foreman or a select other few could fit. However, Toby did not have a good season this year. Some may not remember Thompson did not do well in other districts but he was the right fit for WOS.

You’re right about the select few fitting in,I believe we’ll know pretty quick how everything is jiving in Mustang land!

10 hours and 3 pages later, I'm late to the show.

First and foremost, on behalf of Mustang fans everywhere. I'd like to thank Coach Thompson for everything he has done for our school and students throughout his career. He's one of a kind, a classic that cant be duplicated. Even drives the same old blue truck. Which reminds me of the first time I met him. After the 86 championship game, there was a crowd of people waiting for the team to arrive behind the school. He was the first one off the bus, but only to tell people to get out the back of old blue.

I've been biting my tongue after hearing this for the past 3 seasons. His son has been telling people not to keep their kids at WOS cuz T wouldn't be there much longer. He missed the 1st game against Nederland, and we all know how that turned out. The petition, started by my classmate, who by the way had no bad words about Hooks or T while he was playing. Then the whole Zig ordeal. Oh and did anyone mention, no more Chain Gang. That's like telling PNG no more Indians. Or like telling some of these other schools, "I need more cowbell". Most of us saw what was coming from a mile away. I've been hoping for the best. But when Gales went down, so did alot of hopes and dreams.

Now as for the next coach. There should be applicants from all over the state and possibly the nation. Peevey saw what was coming and went north just in time to take advantage of the upcoming power vacuum. I even think BC sought out a championship caliber coach hoping to catch some future fallout. But if there is already someone currently on staff picked as a replacement. I can only think of one or two that would be deemed acceptable in this new state of our program. And no, neither of them are coordinators.

My preference is to continue the traditions set by almost 40 years of dominance. This would mean having a coach familiar with the community and the system. Making Toby the obvious choice. That is if he even wants the job and has the qualifications (masters degree for AD.) Dont forget all the alumni that could come with Toby. Names like Locks and Gans. Maybe even an Anderson, Thomas, or Bevil. He could put together a dream team style coaching staff.

But as some have said here before, they feel its time for black coach. Race, religion, or sexual orientation should in no way have any bearing on the upcoming hiring process. Best candidate for the position period!!!

Now for the community. And by saying that, I mean those of us that still live in the district, pay taxes, and actually get out and vote. Let us not bow to the opinions of those who have left our area. We voted for a bond to build new schools some years ago, and upgraded sports facilities more recently. All of which bear the names of WOS coaching legends. Breedlove field @ Hooks stadium, with Thompson's name on the indoor training facility. We are the Mustangs. Always have been and always will be. The day I wear green and gold on friday is the day I delete my account and ride off into the sunset.

"Mustang Nation" is everywhere. From Orange to Ohio, from Cove to Cowboy Church. And all parts in between. I've been 1000 miles from home and ran into people from Texas that never heard of Orange, but knew about WOS Football. I've also been at Chilis watching the Seahawks and told some hurricane chasers about Earl Thomas as a RB.

No matter how we want the program to move forward, it will. It's not a decision that will be made by social media analysts such as myself. It will be made by those voted into power, the school board. Not a decision that can be easily made. And if it doesn't work out, there may be more names on the ballot next year.

5 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

10 hours and 3 pages later, I'm late to the show.

First and foremost, on behalf of Mustang fans everywhere. I'd like to thank Coach Thompson for everything he has done for our school and students throughout his career. He's one of a kind, a classic that cant be duplicated. Even drives the same old blue truck. Which reminds me of the first time I met him. After the 86 championship game, there was a crowd of people waiting for the team to arrive behind the school. He was the first one off the bus, but only to tell people to get out the back of old blue.

I've been biting my tongue after hearing this for the past 3 seasons. His son has been telling people not to keep their kids at WOS cuz T wouldn't be there much longer. He missed the 1st game against Nederland, and we all know how that turned out. The petition, started by my classmate, who by the way had no bad words about Hooks or T while he was playing. Then the whole Zig ordeal. Oh and did anyone mention, no more Chain Gang. That's like telling PNG no more Indians. Or like telling some of these other schools, "I need more cowbell". Most of us saw what was coming from a mile away. I've been hoping for the best. But when Gales went down, so did alot of hopes and dreams.

Now as for the next coach. There should be applicants from all over the state and possibly the nation. Peevey saw what was coming and went north just in time to take advantage of the upcoming power vacuum. I even think BC sought out a championship caliber coach hoping to catch some future fallout. But if there is already someone currently on staff picked as a replacement. I can only think of one or two that would be deemed acceptable in this new state of our program. And no, neither of them are coordinators.

My preference is to continue the traditions set by almost 40 years of dominance. This would mean having a coach familiar with the community and the system. Making Toby the obvious choice. That is if he even wants the job and has the qualifications (masters degree for AD.) Dont forget all the alumni that could come with Toby. Names like Locks and Gans. Maybe even an Anderson, Thomas, or Bevil. He could put together a dream team style coaching staff.

But as some have said here before, they feel its time for black coach. Race, religion, or sexual orientation should in no way have any bearing on the upcoming hiring process. Best candidate for the position period!!!

Now for the community. And by saying that, I mean those of us that still live in the district, pay taxes, and actually get out and vote. Let us not bow to the opinions of those who have left our area. We voted for a bond to build new schools some years ago, and upgraded sports facilities more recently. All of which bear the names of WOS coaching legends. Breedlove field @ Hooks stadium, with Thompson's name on the indoor training facility. We are the Mustangs. Always have been and always will be. The day I wear green and gold on friday is the day I delete my account and ride off into the sunset.

"Mustang Nation" is everywhere. From Orange to Ohio, from Cove to Cowboy Church. And all parts in between. I've been 1000 miles from home and ran into people from Texas that never heard of Orange, but knew about WOS Football. I've also been at Chilis watching the Seahawks and told some hurricane chasers about Earl Thomas as a RB.

No matter how we want the program to move forward, it will. It's not a decision that will be made by social media analysts such as myself. It will be made by those voted into power, the school board. Not a decision that can be easily made. And if it doesn't work out, there may be more names on the ballot next year.

Why would you wear green and gold? Lol

9 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

Congratulations to Cornell, it was an amazing ride he took us on. To be a major part of the highest percentage  winning team in the state of Texas is no small feat Wishing him the best in his retirement. 

As far as his replacement, don’t think it will be Foreman . If they don’t hire an elite coach then WOS will no longer be an elite program 

Could LCM get a few more transfers? Power seems to be shifting that way.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED