West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

On 1/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, WOS1986 said:

It is wrong because most applications tend to include qualifications such as head coach experience. 

Hickman- no experience and not loyal or passion with Mustangs way plus will not stay longer. Does he really dream this job? No I don't think so.

Toby- yes experience and very loyal or passion with Mustangs way plus will stay long time. Does he really dream this job? Yes for sure. 

That is big difference and picture.

I really hope that Orange community do something since they paid the taxes. They have to right and speak out.

Something is not right and fishy to me.

If Hickman is who Coach T wants, then why do you have an issue? Do you know for a fact that he is not passionate about this opportunity? Do you know for a fact this isn’t his dream job? The only thing you said that is factual is that he lacks head coach experience. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

If Hickman is who Coach T wants, then why do you have an issue? Do you know for a fact that he is not passionate about this opportunity? Do you know for a fact this isn’t his dream job? The only thing you said that is factual is that he lacks head coach experience. 

I have spent some time studying this subject and I can say with 100% certainty, every head football coach at any level, never held a head coaching position before he was selected the first time. 

4 minutes ago, idk said:

Good God would they please hurry up with this hire. lol, 23 pages. Yes I know I can just hit the back button, but it is kinda like a train wreck you just can't not look. 

Watch what happens if it’s not the coach that  “the community wants”.

It will be another 23 pages of…….

I do have a serious question. We all know that WOS has a storied program. That is not a question and we all know that most (not all) of the community wants Toby (that too is not a question). We hear about keeping the tradition going and that also is important. I am asking wouldn't it be a lot important to get a guy who will take WOS to the next level (as in a Carthage), not just keep the tradition alive?

44 minutes ago, idk said:

I do have a serious question. We all know that WOS has a storied program. That is not a question and we all know that most (not all) of the community wants Toby (that too is not a question). We hear about keeping the tradition going and that also is important. I am asking wouldn't it be a lot important to get a guy who will take WOS to the next level (as in a Carthage), not just keep the tradition alive?

Defense wise idk…Offense wise,that’s Toby…overall there’s no telling with whoever gets it!

15 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Really just which way the thread will go….. :) 

Unless there is just a mass exodus of students.. WOS will remain locally dominant at least I'm guessing. Newton went through two great coaches and is still Newton. The kids just traditionally have more than everyone else in their respective classification/area.  WOS will do the same.

36 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

And it’s safe to say the referral and help from Cornel to hire the best is irrelevant also!

Well I also can say with great confidence that it's not who most want as WOS Leader.

Cornel referral that is... 

And people trying to tell me that someone in that family is Cornel's best friend...

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

And it’s safe to say the referral and help from Cornel to hire the best is irrelevant also!

I've been wanting to make the following comment for a while:  Since you brought this up, now's a good time: 

Having CT advise is a double edged sword.  Sure, his experience is invaluable.  This is the good part.  But -- there's also another side that is called loyalty.  Coaches are a loyal breed.  That can be good; can also be bad.  The coach with the losing record hasn't been around for 9 years.  Coaches on the present staff, who wishes to apply, will probably get the nod from CT.  You know, out of loyalty they have shown CT.  

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED