West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I said with my 1st post on this topic, page 3, I think. That this should be the premiere job opening in the state this off season. But from the list of known candidates, it appears to be an inside job. And out of those 2, one has never been in the position before.

To answer you're question... No, and I doubt he would even be interested if this wasn't his Alma mater.

Why aren't more winning coaches from across the state being considered? The other 2 I heard about were combined 23-47 record.

Where can I find the list of applicants?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

FIA by a local media entity is practically the only way to see one until the school district releases it itself.

According to what I've read, anyone can make a FOI request.  But the games that these school boards play is that they'll release to the requester after it's all said and done.  But I say that's OK also.  We can see who was on the list and if there were any agendas being played out.  The sad part, though, is by that time it's too late.  

4 hours ago, AshlyKBMT said:

A request has been sent. It can take up to ten days for a response. 

Yep. Freedom of information act does not mean you can walk into a government agency and walk out with the information. Any person can ask for required paperwork, recording, etc., (everything is not open to discovery) but the government entity has 10 days to respond. 

I hope for the sake of Reagan and others… who feel that they have RIGHT to know who applied for a coaching job on a high school level will get their answer. Guess what it is not going to matter, this board nor Superintendent will not change their decision.  Post whatever about applicant 1-50 if you like, WE DON’T GET TO PICK THEY DO!! Period!

1 minute ago, ladybug33 said:

Beats me, C.T. is still there and the players are going about their business, lifting weights and such.

To each their own I guess.  Is C.T. going to remain around the field house / weight room? Or whatever... I would think that even if they know who's going to take over, they would go ahead and let the guy take the wheel.  I mean.. that's just my opinion.  Sure seems like this particular thread has been dragging on for a while since the announcement of the retirement. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

To each their own I guess.  Is C.T. going to remain around the field house / weight room? Or whatever... I would think that even if they know who's going to take over, they would go ahead and let the guy take the wheel.  I mean.. that's just my opinion.  Sure seems like this particular thread has been dragging on for a while since the announcement of the retirement

Good question I don't that.. Yes you are correct it's been dragging too long, and will eventually get worse when the announcement has been made.

16 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Good question I don't that.. Yes you are correct it's been dragging too long, and will eventually get worse when the announcement has been made.

Again.. I couldn't care less either way.  The school can go about it however they want to.  I would just think that since the ENTIRE team/community/state knows that WOS is going to have a new head football coach next season, maybe get a new guy in there so they can get rolling with THEIR plan.  

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Again.. I couldn't care less either way.  The school can go about it however they want to.  I would just think that since the ENTIRE team/community/state knows that WOS is going to have a new head football coach next season, maybe get a new guy in there so they can get rolling with THEIR plan.  

.I don't know this.. but he may already be there. I guess they will announce when they are ready for all to know. 

54 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

.I don't know this.. but he may already be there. I guess they will announce when they are ready for all to know. 

Who is that? Hickman? Because he is work there as assistant principal. 

I am ready to get over with this. 21 pages already. Come on! Haha

I would guess CT won't be around campus when the new guy arrives. There doesn't need to be any confusion about who's in charge.

For certain, it doesn't matter who they hire, WOS will be fine, students will not leave, tickets will continue to sell and most everyone will be OK. That is, until (if) they lose a district game, lose to LCM, lose in the first round. Then it will all start to unravel. 

38 minutes ago, mat said:

I would guess CT won't be around campus when the new guy arrives. There doesn't need to be any confusion about who's in charge.

For certain, it doesn't matter who they hire, WOS will be fine, students will not leave, tickets will continue to sell and most everyone will be OK. That is, until (if) they lose a district game, lose to LCM, lose in the first round. Then it will all start to unravel. 

uh hum for sure!

Word in the alley is some board members want some dude named Reagan to select the coach but it has to go through a vote.  They said he knows everything and they need his expertise. This cannot be verified as fact but for sure the man is known on his entire street for his extensive knowledge and talent. Actually he talks like a man with a wooden neck but it's up to the board.  Good luck.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED