West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

If they don’t hire Toby, it’s over for WOS. This generation of player and parent will “take their ball and go home” if things don’t go their way. If Toby isn’t hired, mark my words, there will be a mass exodus to LCM. LCM is the new pretty girl on the block, and everyone will want to be a part of the program on the rise, not the one struggling to forge a new identity. WOS pride means nothing to this new generation. You see it in college and Hs already throughout the nation and state of Texas. If the board messes this up, it will be nuclear. Do the right thing folks! 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

If they don’t hire Toby, it’s over for WOS. This generation of player and parent will “take their ball and go home” if things don’t go their way. If Toby isn’t hired, mark my words, there will be a mass exodus to LCM. LCM is the new pretty girl on the block, and everyone will want to be a part of the program on the rise, not the one struggling to forge a new identity. WOS pride means nothing to this new generation. You see it in college and Hs already throughout the nation and state of Texas. If the board messes this up, it will be nuclear. Do the right thing folks! 

Exactly what I been trying to say…I would usually say no way but with all the bs happening in today’s world people are easily influenced to jump ship when it doesn’t go their way!

I agreed with 2wedge exactly! 

Toby does have a big heart and passion while other don't! Simple plain.

It will very sad if they decide not hire Toby. They should know better and it is all about kids to success.

My gut feelings tell me that it will not Toby to be next head coach but I hope my gut is telling me wrong. I know coach Thompson will involve and part of it but board is more power than him. I hope he is fighting and support for Toby. Again, Toby is deserve this job.

Also, I have to be honest and I don't see if Toby is not hire then fans will go down and small. It will destroy Mustangs tradition and embarrassed whole the Texas look at WOS and laugh so I don't want that end yet because there is still and keep carry if they hire Toby. 

I would not come to watch WOS game if they don't hire Toby because I am not going drive there from Houston. I tend to come watch WOS 2 to 3 games in Orange.

I just tired to see and wait too long so they need make a decision sooner! 

47 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Hickman is an assistant principal/LB coach and has been! I would assume if he gets the job he will not be any longer..

Exactly! I feel that Hickman won't be long and not make sense. They should know better if Toby then he will around long time and big heart not Hickman. 

Like WOSdrummer99 said don't rush and trust the process. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

With no HC experience

I'm not sure about WOS requirements for asst. principals. In Houston area, having HC requirements is not one. They need to have a teaching certificate, masters degree, certification in education management. I think Mr. Hickman has met those qualifications to be asst. principal. Trust me when I say that TEA will not certify him if he has not met ALL requirements.

6 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I'm not sure about WOS requirements for asst. principals. In Houston area, having HC requirements is not one. They need to have a teaching certificate, masters degree, certification in education management. I think Mr. Hickman has met those qualifications to be asst. principal. Trust me when I say that TEA will not certify him if he has not met ALL requirements.

No doubt

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

I been vouched for Toby before it was cool to be funny about it from other posters on here. Hope he gets it. Then the Memorial vs WOS games will finally start happening too. He always loved to play us. Got his first HC win against us btw. That dude been bout the kids interest. 

11 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

I agreed with 2wedge exactly! 

Toby does have a big heart and passion while other don't! Simple plain.

It will very sad if they decide not hire Toby. They should know better and it is all about kids to success.

My gut feelings tell me that it will not Toby to be next head coach but I hope my gut is telling me wrong. I know coach Thompson will involve and part of it but board is more power than him. I hope he is fighting and support for Toby. Again, Toby is deserve this job.

Also, I have to be honest and I don't see if Toby is not hire then fans will go down and small. It will destroy Mustangs tradition and embarrassed whole the Texas look at WOS and laugh so I don't want that end yet because there is still and keep carry if they hire Toby. 

I would not come to watch WOS game if they don't hire Toby because I am not going drive there from Houston. I tend to come watch WOS 2 to 3 games in Orange.

I just tired to see and wait too long so they need make a decision sooner! 

I really don't see how it WONT be Toby. The community has made it known who their choice is. To go against them would be professional suicide. I don't think the sup will have a choice in the matter if he has a lick of sense.

I don't understand why people think that if they do not get a particular person that the whole athletic department will go into the crapper. Just cause the community wants one person does not mean they will be the only one that can be successful.. WOS is WOS.. they have the athletes and community support.. That is what is creating the winning tradition not just a small group of Coaches.  winning is NOT going to be a problem WOS..

PS.. the community wanted someone else in Crosby, they did not get their wish and now have played more games in the last 2 years (31) than any other 5A.. Just saying 

36 minutes ago, hitman009 said:

I don't understand why people think that if they do not get a particular person that the whole athletic department will go into the crapper. Just cause the community wants one person does not mean they will be the only one that can be successful.. WOS is WOS.. they have the athletes and community support.. That is what is creating the winning tradition not just a small group of Coaches.  winning is NOT going to be a problem WOS..

PS.. the community wanted someone else in Crosby, they did not get their wish and now have played more games in the last 2 years (31) than any other 5A.. Just saying 

Your missing the point.Toby knows WOS offense and defensive scheme.You hire someone from outside and they may change what has worked for WOS through the years.You change that and you set yourself up for failure.Seen many of programs with lots of athletes that never succeed. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED