West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

His list comes from here, 33.

This is the hidden content, please

BTW, coach @Reagan lol

I saw a kid from Killeen shoemaker score a TD for Baylor last night. So Toby can still get kids to next level without a winning championships.

This is the hidden content, please

Baylor is an outstanding organization. I will be keeping up with them this season.

Yes he can 99, I believe that.

4 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

sometimes its more than a winning record. jeff matthews is first one comes to mind about longevity and losing record. phenomenal coach whos record doesn't illustrate his impact.

The standard is pretty high at WOS…if he doesn’t win he will be out,or the players will go north if the district decided to follow your thought process…it’s about W’s!

3 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

The standard is pretty high at WOS…if he doesn’t win he will be out,or the players will go north if the district decided to follow your thought process…it’s about W’s!

I'm sorry I don't believe that.if your getting kids here to go to college.it will help.but even in little league all these kids wanna wear that silver.if u put Toby here both sides will win!!he will bring some of things his dad and CT taught him with some of things he has learned along the way.to me it's our only option.ik plenty of our kids that has stayed intouch with him all these years.i even know parents that calls him.he knows what has to be done here.and don't be surprised lol if he had Ct and his dad guide him.

Edited by dj
Missed word

4 hours ago, dj said:

I'm sorry I don't believe that.if your getting kids here to go to college.it will help.but even in little league all these kids wanna wear that silver.if u put Toby here both sides will win!!he will bring some of things his dad and CT taught him with some of things he has learned along the way.to me it's our only option.ik plenty of our kids that has stayed intouch with him all these years.i even know parents that calls him.he knows what has to be done here.and don't be surprised lol if he had Ct and his dad guide him.

Preach.

4 hours ago, dj said:

I agree with you!The community/kids are used to winning though,take that away and enrollment will fall imo…we’ll see what happens shortly I imagine.

5 hours ago, dj said:

Is there any school district that this is not the case for their school?!

13 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

sometimes its more than a winning record. jeff matthews is first one comes to mind about longevity and losing record. phenomenal coach whos record doesn't illustrate his impact.

Ok, I'm going to bring these beliefs full circle:  Let's say you have the opportunity to choose the next coach of any school.  One of the applicants states:  I'm not a very good coach.  Will more than likely have a losing record, possibly 0-10, every year.   No State Titles for sure!  Despite all this,  the coach says:   But I'll be a good influence on the kids and for sure make an impact.  Would you put your reputation on the line and hire this individual?  

22 hours ago, Majestyk said:

You got your Lombardi, you got Belichick, you got Surratt, you got Reagan, you got Saban, you got.......

And then you got -- Majestyk, that finally gets it!!  Congratulaions!!

OH, and BTW -- under your old philosophy -- you would not have hired Lombardi, Saban or Surratt.  

23 hours ago, Reagan said:

No, nothing is ever personal with me.  Facts don't care about anybody's feelings!  Just trying to save WOS from themselves!

Not all "facts" are as plain as the paper they are on....

CT was not successful at Palestine prior to coming back to WOS. Briles was not successful at Georgetown before landing in SVille. Dodge was not successful at NT. Success (wins/losses) are not the only indicator of future success, especially when there are many, many more dynamics at play. It's case by case.

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

And then you got -- Majestyk, that finally gets it!!  Congratulaions!!

OH, and BTW -- under your old philosophy -- you would not have hired Lombardi, Saban or Surratt.  

Oh no cuz, those football gurus are legendary and I still seek a handshake and a autograph.  The last list I can remember with me on it read like...... You got Eastwood, you got Norris, you got Van Damme, you got Majestyk,  you got Stallone, you got Seagal.

1 hour ago, Gasilla said:

Not all "facts" are as plain as the paper they are on....

CT was not successful at Palestine prior to coming back to WOS. Briles was not successful at Georgetown before landing in SVille. Dodge was not successful at NT. Success (wins/losses) are not the only indicator of future success, especially when there are many, many more dynamics at play. It's case by case.

Mt. Vernon also never made it to State while Briles was at the helm, so that coaching hire was a failure according to Reagan's metrics. 

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Ok, I'm going to bring these beliefs full circle:  Let's say you have the opportunity to choose the next coach of any school.  One of the applicants states:  I'm not a very good coach.  Will more than likely have a losing record, possibly 0-10, every year.   No State Titles for sure!  Despite all this,  the coach says:   But I'll be a good influence on the kids and for sure make an impact.  Would you put your reputation on the line and hire this individual?  

You sound like you may be the one who told Carthage "NO" to Surratt a few years back.  

The Community votes for the school board. They usually hire the superintendent of the school district. The superintendent/ along with community committee usually makes recommendation to school board. They hire them. If that does not work out you vote all members of the school board out. Put new school board in. They non-renew superintendent's contract. Hire new supt. and process starts all OVER!

Prayers for whoever gets this job. Reading all these post I feel like they are some that will never be  happy even with a state championship.  It should be about kids not race and WOS has great kids!

26 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

Prayers for whoever gets this job. Reading all these post I feel like they are some that will never be  happy even with a state championship.  It should be about kids not race and WOS has great kids!

Yes, there was some people against Coach T back when he got the job. Some of them I saw celebrating at NRG and AT&T. Then back to blaming him the last few years. 

A coworker asked, "Why would parents move kids to LCM if they hire Toby? Seems like they'd rather move to Bmt or PA."

Good question, but I have no answer.

Anyone?

14 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yes, there was some people against Coach T back when he got the job. Some of them I saw celebrating at NRG and AT&T. Then back to blaming him the last few years. 

A coworker asked, "Why would parents move kids to LCM if they hire Toby? Seems like they'd rather move to Bmt or PA."

Anyone?

Easier to get a”mailbox “,plus lcm is gonna be making some noise for a while!

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Anyone?

It's just the opposite. Most of the players who play now parents went to school with coach Foreman. I wish they announce the coach already.  So much is being said about people and, their decisions about where their kids will attend school next year is really, really silly, and boarder line cra cra.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED