West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

Whoever comes is walking into a pressure cooker.  It’s not like taking over at LCM, 1-7 no where to go but up.  This is a perennial state powerhouse.  Nothing less than three games into the playoffs will be considered a success.  My only words of wisdom, Good Luck!

3 hours ago, Gasilla said:

He's already applied.

Yes I know he has, I just don't get why people think football divisions are all that important. I mean we have a winning tradition in 4A Division 2. Players are players, coaches should be able to win no matter the division. After all we have played upper 5A teams and did well against them.

47 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Yes I know he has, I just don't get why people think football divisions are all that important. I mean we have a winning tradition in 4A Division 2. Players are players, coaches should be able to win no matter the division. After all we have played upper 5A teams and did well against them.

I think you have a better chance of getting a ring at WOS then Desoto or shoemaker . 6a division In Texas is one toughest in the nation. 

48 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

No matter the level.high school, college,or pro.the biggest difference is coaching

On 12/18/2021 at 12:36 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yes he has been the DC.

From @WOSgrad's 2021 preview...

COACHING

Head Coach: Cornel Thompson

Assistant Coaches: Mike Pierce (Defensive Coordinator), Ed Dyer (Offensive Coordinator), Hiawatha Hickman (Defensive Line), Taran Hebert (Defensive Ends), Phillip Mattingly (Wide Receivers), DePauldrick Garrett (Running backs), Russell Bottley (Wide Receivers), Terry Joe Ramsey (Quarterbacks)

So if the Mustangs pride themselves in their defense ( which is a dang good defense) and Pierce is the defensive coordinator , then why shouldn't he get some consideration ?

15 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

So if the Mustangs pride themselves in their defense ( which is a dang good defense) and Pierce is the defensive coordinator , then why shouldn't he get some consideration ?

I'm not sure that he wouldn't get consideration if he applied. I'm sure all guys that are in house would if they applied. What people say here are just fan opinions. 

The correct way a search is done:  Keep the agendas out of it. Get your application list and pick the best candidate available.  Any assistant that’s never been a Head Coach is a 50-50 proposition.  You can only hope.  But the question is: How long do you hold on to this  coach if given a reasonable amount of time and there’s not yet a State Championship?  Vidor, PNG is in this situation.  Nederland is getting close.

29 minutes ago, Reagan said:

The correct way a search is done:  Keep the agendas out of it. Get your application list and pick the best candidate available.  Any assistant that’s never been a Head Coach is a 50-50 proposition.  You can only hope.  But the question is: How long do you hold on to this  coach if given a reasonable amount of time and there’s not yet a State Championship?  Vidor, PNG is in this situation.  Nederland is getting close.

None of those schools are gonna make a state run

On 12/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Had an inside source say he isn't winning enough games wherever he's at? I Heaney kept up otherwise

I’m gonna call bs on that one. I have a family member in KISD  that says he is the golden boy there. He is winning in all sports at a school that never won b4. Shoemaker has a high student turnover rate due to the majority of parents being active duty army. 

I hope WOS board and superintendent need to realize and think harder if Toby want work here at WOS. He will be good fit because he willing to coach track where he love track and football so perfect and save money to spend new coach for track. Just my two cents.

Hope that we will know who will be next AD and head coach in Janaury so can start off season and work with boys to get know each other and bond.

45 minutes ago, Trufan said:

I’m gonna call bs on that one. I have a family member in KISD  that says he is the golden boy there. He is winning in all sports at a school that never won b4. Shoemaker has a high student turnover rate due to the majority of parents being active duty army. 

If the fan base considers a coach with a losing record the “golden boy”, well...   🤦‍♀️🤷‍♂️

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED