West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

6 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Maybe as interim AD until they hire a Real football coach.

Girls track coach as the new head football coach for WOS…..now that’s funny!

they hire that guy then Peevey will definitely get some move ins.  LCM to the sc game next year.

The timing of Peevey taking the LCM job with coach Thompson retiring…..hmmmm.  Very good timing I would say.

Hickman has football coaching experience. He is the DLine coach. He was at Silsbee before going to WOS. He is very capable of being the AD/HC. 

26 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

A small rumor is that there is a person being considered from Dallas, and Coach Foreman. Who could the applicant be from Dallas?

If Toby interview and did not get the job then he heart will melt and disappointing because he admire what his dad, Hooks, and Thompson done for WOS program tradition so he will make sure that he keep that program tradition carry on.

Honestly, if hire outside such as Dallas and it will either hurt or not. Hard to predict.

For Christmas gift that I want is Toby Foreman.

Everyone have different opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

18 minutes ago, WOS1986 said:

If Toby interview and did not get the job then he heart will melt and disappointing because he admire what his dad, Hooks, and Thompson done for WOS program tradition so he will make sure that he keep that program tradition carry on.

Honestly, if hire outside such as Dallas and it will either hurt or not. Hard to predict.

For Christmas gift that I want is Toby Foreman.

Everyone have different opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Lol you and all of Orange. I did hear that Foreman is being considered. It would be interesting to know what the players think who are coming back next year.

15 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Lol you and all of Orange. I did hear that Foreman is being considered. It would be interesting to know what the players think who are coming back next year.

Not a fact but I heard they all wrote T a letter trying to get him to stay 1 more year…Jr and sophomore classes are talented,really freshman too I just haven’t seen them much!

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

Not a fact but I heard they all wrote T a letter trying to get him to stay 1 more year…Jr and sophomore classes are talented,really freshman too I just haven’t seen them much!

I don't blame kids for want coach T stay one more year. It will be nice for coach T to get a ring before he retire. However, family need him where he want to spend time with family. He deserve it!

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

Ask Carthage what an outsider will do for you.  Ask Stephenville what an outsider named Briles did for them.  Ask PNG what an outsider named Ethridge did for them.  Just saying:  Don’t limit yourself!

At some schools an outside coach & change is needed to get back to success & winning culture. This is not needed at WOS, I'm not positive an outside coach coming in trying to change things away from what McCarty, Hooks, Thompson have built would be the best for WOS at this time. I also agree that Coach Thompson's input should be a big part in the hire & he knows what's best for WOS.

If you can get a guy like Daniel Boedeker at Shiner who is 42-1 with back to back 2A state titles, then I agree to hire that type outside guy, but I do not think that type of coach with that record is applying.  

19 minutes ago, KF89 said:

At some schools an outside coach & change is needed to get back to success & winning culture. This is not needed at WOS, I'm not positive an outside coach coming in trying to change things away from what McCarty, Hooks, Thompson have built would be the best for WOS at this time. I also agree that Coach Thompson's input should be a big part in the hire & he knows what's best for WOS.

If you can get a guy like Daniel Boedeker at Shiner who is 42-1 with back to back 2A state titles, then I agree to hire that type outside guy, but I do not think that type of coach with that record is applying.  

This is it exactly. We are not in need of rebuilding. If we bring in some outsider who has a proven record, I'm all for it. But it can't be an assistant that works for Todd dodge or Reginald samples. I'm thinking know more along the lines of a recent state championship coach looking to move up to a bigger school. 

Edit

I'd be in Arlington all week if I was in charge of hiring the new coach.

Edited by WOSdrummer99

Guest mrtomcat

This job doesn't pay enough for a huge name.  A great coordinator who is wanting to win a lot of games real quick, with the opportunity to stack the resume has this job at the top of his "to do list".

50 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

This job doesn't pay enough for a huge name.  A great coordinator who is wanting to win a lot of games real quick, with the opportunity to stack the resume has this job at the top of his "to do list".

This is a great example why an outsider will most likely not work,

An outsider will only stay 2 to 3 years Max then WOS will be in  the same  Situation as now.

4 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Pierce has been there a pretty long time, huh ?

I believe Mike Pierce started coaching at WOS in the late 90's as secondary coach??

On a side note: The Mike Pierce coaching at WOS was an All American Free Safety at Mcneese State.

Mike Pierce (1987-90) – 1990 All-American (Sports Network, Dan Hansen's Football)… 1989 and 1990 first team All-Southland Conference… 1990 first team All-Louisiana… 1990 SLC Defensive Player of the Year… 1990 McNeese MVP, team Captain, and McNeese Outstanding Defensive Player… led the Cowboys in pass interceptions with four in 1988 and five pick in 1989… his 12 interceptions in his career is currently ranked tied for seventh all-time… 243 career tackles currently ranks him 20th all-time… member of the 1990s SLC All-Decade Team.

Mike Pierce

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED