(14-1) South Oak Cliff vs (13-2) Liberty Hill

AledoAlumni

5A D2 State Championship  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• South Oak Cliff
    • Liberty Hill

Biggest crowd I have ever seen here for Saturday opening game cause of SOC. BUT SOC is playing into LH hands. Defense is not keeping gap integrity or reading keys. I know it is close, but SOC cannot let LH score this drive and must score an early TD or it’s a wrap. Great game and atmosphere.👍🏼✝️🐻

6 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

missed FGS are a killer

Yes they are.  They had some missed opportunities to close the deal but came up short. Credit SOC. That was the biggest all around High School Football Team I’ve ever seen in my life. What a great experience for both teams. Hate it that the High School Football Season is officially over. 

On 12/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, Coachbearoso said:

Biggest crowd I have ever seen here for Saturday opening game cause of SOC. BUT SOC is playing into LH hands. Defense is not keeping gap integrity or reading keys. I know it is close, but SOC cannot let LH score this drive and must score an early TD or it’s a wrap. Great game and atmosphere.👍🏼✝️🐻

All things considered I think the SOC defense did the best they could do. I did not see a lot of errors by SOC. I saw a lot of execution by LH. 

4 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

All things considered I think the SOC defense did the best they could do. I did not see a lot of errors by SOC. I saw a lot of execution by LH. 

Yes unfortunately i believe that LH coaching staff made a couple of decisions that cost them the state championship. But you could look at it the  way Baltimore Ravens went for 2. I agree the Ravens couldn't beat the Packers in overtime, so go for 2. BUT have a play with a mobile quarterback with more than one option. He looked TE the entire way. Second receiver wide open in middle. Good game by Baltimore and great season by Liberty HIll.

19 minutes ago, Coachbearoso said:

Yes unfortunately i believe that LH coaching staff made a couple of decisions that cost them the state championship. 

Oddly enough I think LH expected the need to kick the onside and be unconventional but they didnt need to. LH played their game and it worked. They got in their own way when they were trying to do "extra". Simple execution on the field goal tries and things like that would have gone a long way to help them win the game.