(14-1) South Oak Cliff vs (13-2) Liberty Hill

AledoAlumni

5A D2 State Championship  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• South Oak Cliff
    • Liberty Hill

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

Sorry, too busy with a JOB to be able to go to all those awesome sites that show "real journalism" Go back in your hole troll. 

😂 But yet Here you are on a site deflecting lazy Jibberish! You deflect from Crosby getting whooped to a avatar that you don’t even know the context there of.  Have a nice day on your JOB. Lol

On 12/13/2021 at 2:13 PM, Cougtalk said:

Team that beat them and team that had a chance to beat them going into the last 2 minutes were both spread offenses. Not sure how much sense this makes. 

LH might be able to beat them but litterally no other slot-t team in the state has a chance. I think comments about this offense might be the chance ignores how talented that liberty hill team actually is. Its not just an offense but great blockers, and a ton of kids that look like d3 linebackers playing at 8 positions each play.  

Agree 100 percent. There is one BIG reason to choose soc to beat lh and that is the visuals, very athletic soc team with big college recruits. And understand that is their personnna, m o - however you want to describe it. And many people will choose them because that is the low hanging fruit, BUT football (in a one game playoff) is such a psychological game it would get Freud excited. First coaching staffs, I don’t know enough about soc staff other than the hc has been there 8 years and this is his furthest playoff run ? Why- using forensics one could say it was a talent explosion for some reason. This doesn’t help if soc if your going to play a serial killer ( i use this term keeping with the forensics theme- serial killer in that compared to regular people serial killers are different much like lh is different than the normal zone read shotgun team we see in texas hs football today. LH personna is a “ we can’t beat you athletically so we’ll beat you with scheme. Their type of offense is the most difficult for a seasoned defensive coordinator to prepare for let alone 16-18 year old defensive players whose eyes are big cause of Cowboys stadium and the media has anointed you greatest 5Ateam ever like USC. And then there is the Aw shucks, we just some friendly country boys attitude lh displays. Notice how much they help their opponents up off the ground? Nice or ulterior motive? Having a friendly helpful opponent takes the anger edge from a defense that is useful in defense. Andrew Luck at Stratford did this to us constantly when i coached at Eisenhower. He did it at Stanford and with the Colts also. Pissed me off as a coach cause it worked against my defense. Back to the forensics serial killer theme, soc is a blunt force instrument like a hammer while lh is a small scalpel, tiny but deadly sharp. Soc would win 18-19 out of 20 games against lh BUT they only play ONE. Lh will win by 1 touchdown in the game if the weekend or soc by 35. I want a good game and i am picking lh to have that one in 20 game tomorrow morning. I am excited to go tomorrow for the triple header as i reunion with several of my 78 Marlin Bulldogs teammates. Thank you for giving me a writing outlet at 3:45 in the morning. Have a great CHRISTmas and isn’t high school football awesome!👍🏻✝️🐻

Just found out yesterday LH is suppose to be getting their starting safety back whose is 6’5 and athletic. He’s been out for the past 3 or 4 weeks. They definitely need all the help they can get on defense with a team like SOC. Here we go David versus Goliath. Go Panthers! I also got tickets for Saturday’s games. Leaving for Dallas at lunch today. Three great games scheduled for Saturday at Jerry World. Can’t wait to watch them all. Safe travels to everyone going!

17 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Since the SOC/LH kinda died down, how do yall think an Aledo/Crosby game would have turned out?

I think Aledo would have handled us defensively pretty well. Not sure which Aledo offense we would see if it was that one that played SOC then maybe we had a chance but unlikely.