(14-1) South Oak Cliff vs (13-2) Liberty Hill

AledoAlumni

5A D2 State Championship  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• South Oak Cliff
    • Liberty Hill

Man this is a tough one for me to be pulling for either one, both have great stories.  SOC just because being from Dallas ISD and LH because of the emotional roller coaster with their coach last year those kids are playing for him.  Hopefully it’s a great game and whoever wins it’ll be pretty cool.

I think the Panthers style of play has the best chance against SOC. I think they can at least keep the score more respectable than a team playing the spread would . Having to prepare all week for unusual style of play can sometimes break a teams rhythm . Long sustained drives by the opponent that keeps your offense on the sideline can also break rhythm. If SOCs defense trys to rely too much on their athleticism and goes over pursuing  it could really hurt them. Pulling for LH all the way though because I like underdogs and it would be cool to see the win one for their late coach . GO PANTHERS

Liberty Hill about to fall off a Cliff. That SOC team looks like a super team. If LH wins this one it would be a rather large upset in my mind. 

SOC beat Aledo, Lovejoy and then Lubbock Cooper in three consecutive weeks. Yes Aledo should have beat this team but would anyone think LH even had a shot if it was Aledo? I think SOC would have beat my cougars pretty badly as well, thought before last week that SOC is simply a few steps above everyone left. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I think the Panthers style of play has the best chance against SOC. I think they can at least keep the score more respectable than a team playing the spread would . Having to prepare all week for unusual style of play can sometimes break a teams rhythm . Long sustained drives by the opponent that keeps your offense on the sideline can also break rhythm. If SOCs defense trys to rely too much on their athleticism and goes over pursuing  it could really hurt them. Pulling for LH all the way though because I like underdogs and it would be cool to see the win one for their late coach . GO PANTHERS

Team that beat them and team that had a chance to beat them going into the last 2 minutes were both spread offenses. Not sure how much sense this makes. 

LH might be able to beat them but litterally no other slot-t team in the state has a chance. I think comments about this offense might be the chance ignores how talented that liberty hill team actually is. Its not just an offense but great blockers, and a ton of kids that look like d3 linebackers playing at 8 positions each play.  

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I know nothing about SOC but I do enjoy watching the Slot-T. Amazing to watch a team win the 5A State Semi Finals 42 to 14 by only throwing 1 pass. Lol! Sounds like LH is up against Goliath so I’ll be cheering on the underdog Liberty Hill! Go Panthers! 

Well, Liberty Hill is the more prestigious program. SOC has never been to state before and LH has won twice. 

5 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Team that beat them and team that had a chance to beat them going into the last 2 minutes were both spread offenses. Not sure how much sense this makes. 

LH might be able to beat them but litterally no other slot-t team in the state has a chance. I think comments about this offense might be the chance ignores how talented that liberty hill team actually is. Its not just an offense but great blockers, and a ton of kids that look like d3 linebackers playing at 8 positions each play.  

Translation: If you don't have better athletes than them then the Slot-T gives you a better chance to limit their possessions and keep you in the game longer and decrease the final score deficit. If you have the better athletes then the spread would work better than the slot-T. Since everyone  seems to compare them to one of the teams than Neon Deon or Michael Irving puts together talent wise, then it makes it  appear as though  they can't be out athleted sOooOoo......

The Liberty Hill smoked crosby with discipline and team execution. Do you think Liberty Hill could beat crosby using the exact same playbook as crosby ? Or even for that matter that Vidor using crosbys playbook could do the same ?  

19 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Translation: If you don't have better athletes than them then the Slot-T gives you a better chance to limit their possessions and keep you in the game longer and decrease the final score deficit. If you have the better athletes then the spread would work better than the slot-T. Since everyone  seems to compare them to one of the teams than Neon Deon or Michael Irving puts together talent wise, then it makes it  appear as though  they can't be out athleted sOooOoo......

The Liberty Hill smoked Crosby with discipline . They play as a team

No doubt LH is a unselfish hard nosed discipline team. Very well coached. Looking forward to watching them this Saturday.

12 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The Liberty Hill smoked crosby with discipline and team execution. Do you think Liberty Hill could beat crosby using the exact same playbook as crosby ? Or even for that matter that Vidor using crosbys playbook could do the same ?  

Probably not. Who knows tho. There’s definitely some football players over there

39 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I was surprised #14 for yall didnt dominate those kids in the secondary when he was at WR. 

They gave him the super star treatment Safeties were going his direction all night double teamed whole time, couple times we took top off just missed by a little, we just weren't sharp.