Liberty Hill vs. Crosby/ POST UPDATES HERE

AggiesAreWe

Exactly on Liberty Hill, so many distractions with state game that playing such an unconventional team gives them a chance. Also has SOC been a polished playoff team?? That was the only reason I gave Katy a chance against that Westlake college team yesterday, Katy has experience. Didn’t matter!! Also has SOC been behind any this year? Many teams have trouble with adversity especially in a high pressure game. I have only seen a few highlights of SOC, scary team , very skilled BUT you have to play the game. Unfortunately LH doesn’t look the part, in pads Crosby looks 14-21 points better BUT you have to play the game. As a defensive coordinator, this would be the LAST type of team I would choose to play in the state championships, THE LAST. This is going to give LH a chance. 9 of 10 times SOC will win, but the 1 in LH favor will happen in the first meeting. Could very well happen— unless the revenge game against Crosby caused LH to shoot their wad early 🤔

SOC should rightfully be favored.  I think LH’s odds are just as good as they were against Crosby.  So I think better than 1/10.  They had zero turnovers against Crosby and if they play clean again, they have a decent shot.  Interesting game.  I’d love to see the SOC defense against the slot T.  

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

SOC should rightfully be favored.  I think LH’s odds are just as good as they were against Crosby.  So I think better than 1/10.  They had zero turnovers against Crosby and if they play clean again, they have a decent shot.  Interesting game.  I’d love to see the SOC defense against the slot T.  

LH's odds are not just as good as they were against Crosby. SOC is much better than Crosby. If Crosby would have won SOC would beat them by 21+.

1 hour ago, Coachbearoso said:

Also has SOC been behind any this year? 

They lost to Duncanville. Everman was beating them 28-21 in the 3rd quarter in the 1st round. Aledo was beating them 28-26 in the 4th quarter of the 3rd round. Other than that their district is not very good and they have basically smashed everyone else other than Frisco. 

16 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

They lost to Duncanville. Everman was beating them 28-21 in the 3rd quarter in the 1st round. Aledo was beating them 28-26 in the 4th quarter of the 3rd round. Other than that their district is not very good and they have basically smashed everyone else other than Frisco. 

again i am just digging to find any way to beat such a team--there is always a way as a coach to prepare your team. This match up seems similar to the USC ESPN hoopla of the Trojans being the incarnation of Jesus Christ on the field,  before Vince and Texas used the disrespect to fuel an upset. Athlete wise, from video, no way LH competes. BUT that offense is such an equalizer when run to perfection. Last year they were 99.9 percent perfect against Crosby until the .01 happened and fumbled on the 2 pt conversion. Would they have beaten Aledo??? From the view of a fan, NO, BUT again that offense is so different and DIFFICULT to prepare for in one week, especially when everyone, coaching, players and fans are getting a little tired of the long season. I love the way the LH players play up the "Aw Shucks" approach, we are just Opie from the Andy Griffith show, we'll help you up, good game as they kick your as_!!! Oliver Luck's son Andrew at Stratford did that same crap to us at Eisenhower, tapping on the helmet, "Good job" after he was tackled, that smart guy way of nerving you. I hope it is a good game. I don't see Paetow having a game nor Univ of Westlake, so this one and Rocky 3 with NS and Dunc.

again i am just digging to find any way to beat such a team--there is always a way as a coach to prepare your team. 

Only way I see LH winning is if they have zero turnovers and have 35ish minutes of the time of possession. They have to be able to drive the ball and convert. They wont hold up on defense. SOC will probably score 80% of their drives. SOC is too explosive for LH. Draining the clock and grinding it out is LH chance to win. 

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Only way I see LH winning is if they have zero turnovers and have 35ish minutes of the time of possession. They have to be able to drive the ball and convert. They wont hold up on defense. SOC will probably score 80% of their drives. SOC is too explosive for LH. Draining the clock and grinding it out is LH chance to win. 

agree--- i believe the responsibility of winning the state championship is more on SOC and how they react NOT to a football game, because LH style of play is unlike anything they have seen. When a tremendously athletic team is in a championship game, you never play their game, but something totally different. Plus you have the variable of it being SUCH  a big game in the COWBOYS stadium on TV etc....... but the same could effect LH. The only circumstance that could hurt LH is they defeated their arch rival from last year, so there could be a drop off. I am looking forward to this clash of styles.

agree--- i believe the responsibility of winning the state championship is more on SOC and how they react NOT to a football game, because LH style of play is unlike anything they have seen. When a tremendously athletic team is in a championship game, you never play their game, but something totally different. Plus you have the variable of it being SUCH  a big game in the COWBOYS stadium on TV etc....... but the same could effect LH. The only circumstance that could hurt LH is they defeated their arch rival from last year, so there could be a drop off. I am looking forward to this clash of styles.

Oak Cliff has rose to the occasion this playoff run. They wanna showout in front of the city! I'd think they will be locked in. 

2nd round- beat Frisco who knocked them out last year

3rd round- beat Aledo who was the 3 time defending champ

4th round- beat Lovejoy for their first region title since 1970

5th round- beat Lubbock Cooper for their first semifinal win in program history

3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Oak Cliff has rose to the occasion this playoff run. They wanna showout in front of the city! I'd think they will be locked in. 

2nd round- beat Frisco who knocked them out last year

3rd round- beat Aledo who was the 3 time defending champ

4th round- beat Lovejoy for their first region title since 1970

5th round- beat Lubbock Cooper for their first semifinal win in program history

Those last two they dominated a team in the 4th and 5th rounds... If you are dominating in the 4th and 5th round and you play in the Dallas regions you are a very very good team. 

32 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Those last two they dominated a team in the 4th and 5th rounds... If you are dominating in the 4th and 5th round and you play in the Dallas regions you are a very very good team. 

agree, i just like to see when two totally different styles play each other. I was a part of a couple of staffs who were so bought in to the shotgun air raid zone read offense, they never practiced the quarterback under center. We lost a game to our rival Deer Park because two different drives that began and ended near the 1 yard line cause of shotgun snaps and no touchdowns scored. As a defensive coach, i want to pull my hair out. I like many 2A and 3A head coaches cause they do whatever it takes to win. If SOC goes up 2 touchdowns, game over as LH is a clock control close game team. Gonna be fun to watch Saturday morning followed by the best game probably North Shore and Duncanville.

8 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

If you are dominating in the 4th and 5th round and you play in the Dallas regions you are a very very good team. 

Same is true for the Houston region. Houston and Austin has pretty much got the better of Dallas lately. Take out Aledo and Argyle and not much is left for Dallas unless you pull in the Kyler Murry Allen teams a while back.