Liberty Hill vs. Crosby/ POST UPDATES HERE

AggiesAreWe

15 hours ago, Coachbearoso said:

Congratulations to Liberty Hill, definitely played with emotion and a great plan. There offense is so unique it may be enough to win state next week. To Crosby, it hurts now but you had another outstanding year. You are putting your name in statewide contention with the Jaspers, Marts, La Vega s, Westfields, and the like. Have a great Christmas break and start working for next year👍🏻🐻✝️

Jaspers and Westfields??????

14 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Took my first look at SOC.  Only loss to 6A Duncanville.  They look unbeatable in 5A-D2.  LH on the other hand, lost to 4A LBJ, so the only chance I see is their offense.  The question seems even more legitimate the more I look.  Just looking at Crosby vs LH, Crosby looked the winner, as you said, but LH pulled it off.  It’ll take a super effort against SOC, but…….. not even sure that’ll do it.  If SOC can defend the LH offense, this game will get real ugly, real early.

Agreed. SOC is quite possibly the best 5A team I’ve ever seen. Their D line looks like the Alabama D line 

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I suspect that’s because so many locals know Crosby has trouble with the Slot T.

Defense did okay though, but when the other side of the ball struggles and just never got anything going you can’t expect them to hold up. They won the turnover battle also.  You turn it over and the two times they put it in the turf they got it back.  Just wasn’t Crosby’s night.

35 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Took my first look at SOC.  Only loss to 6A Duncanville.  They look unbeatable in 5A-D2.  LH on the other hand, lost to 4A LBJ, so the only chance I see is their offense.  The question seems even more legitimate the more I look.  Just looking at Crosby vs LH, Crosby looked the winner, as you said, but LH pulled it off.  It’ll take a super effort against SOC, but…….. not even sure that’ll do it.  If SOC can defend the LH offense, this game will get real ugly, real early.

SOC is very very good but they can be beat. We were pretty injured and almost beat them. Need excellent defense and need to be able to run the ball.

LH's smaller lineman using quick angle blocking techniques can really offset the size differential . The more athletic teams tend to over pursue when defending the slot-T and that's the one of the things that LH has going for them, the other being HEART. The odds are stacked against them when facing SOC but I guarantee they come to play like they always do.

5 minutes ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

Isn’t this their first deep run in the playoffs in quite awhile? Hard to be a Mecca with a mediocre resume. 

South Oak Cliff (1953)

All time record: 467-270-13

Playoff record: 30-33

Playoff appearances: 34

Liberty Hill (1913)

All time record: 390-437-25

Playoff record: 56-19

Playoff appearances: 22

6 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

South Oak Cliff (1953)

All time record: 467-270-13

Playoff record: 30-33

Playoff appearances: 34

Liberty Hill (1913)

All time record: 390-437-25

Playoff record: 56-19

Playoff appearances: 22

What has the last 20 years been for SOC? By the way, I am not LH. Just enjoying an arrogant fan base suffering from a loss to a team that they are really struggling losing too!!

Crosby has never lost a regional final game in our school’s history but I’ve been fortunate enough watch us lose in the five other rounds. I tell you what, that semifinal crying is different. You can feel that stop at Buccee’s in Madisonville within grasp. 

Not that I expect Crosby to be playing for a state championship every year but it was pretty surreal waking up this morning and not making hotel reservations in Dallas. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby has never lost a regional final game in our school’s history but I’ve been fortunate enough watch us lose in the five other rounds. I tell you what, that semifinal crying is different. You can feel that stop at Buccee’s in Madisonville within grasp. 

Not that I expect Crosby to be playing for a state championship every year but it was pretty surreal waking up this morning and not making hotel reservations in Dallas. 

Try being a player. My senior year we lost to Copperas Cove in the semifinals. It's rough. At least if you made it to state yall had a chance. But to lose the game before....... Hits hard. 

56 minutes ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

What has the last 20 years been for SOC? By the way, I am not LH. Just enjoying an arrogant fan base suffering from a loss to a team that they are really struggling losing too!!

By saying the better team won last night, the one that made more plays.  That’s struggling???

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Try being a player. My senior year we lost to Copperas Cove in the semifinals. It's rough. At least if you made it to state yall had a chance. But to lose the game before....... Hits hard. 

I’m guessing you got a dose of RG III then.  

5 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Jaspers and Westfields??????

Well didn’t want to put Katy or North Shore or WOS because they are still a different class with state championships so I just named consistency in playoffs, Jaspers definitely above but didn’t edit or think- just wrote. Crosby is deserving of excellent playoff company. 👍🏻🐻✝️

7 minutes ago, Coachbearoso said:

Well didn’t want to put Katy or North Shore or WOS because they are still a different class with state championships so I just named consistency in playoffs, Jaspers definitely above but didn’t edit or think- just wrote. Crosby is deserving of excellent playoff company. 👍🏻🐻✝️

Agreed

I think the Panthers style of play has the best chance against SOC, although that chance is slim. I think they can at least keep the score more respectable than a team with a  modern style of play would . Having to prepare all week for unusual style of play can sometimes break a teams rhythm . Long sustained drives by the opponent that keeps your offense on the sideline can also break rhythm.