Liberty Hill vs. Crosby/ POST UPDATES HERE

AggiesAreWe

16 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Mr Garrity you should know by now that Crosby is the Mecca of High School Football just ask some Crosby poster’s they’ll tell you. 😂

Lol, the mouth breathers have to wait all the way until mid-December to start cracking jokes on our football program. 

1. Congrats to Liberty Hill for making it to state!

2. Congrats to Crosby on a region title and a great season!

3. Crosby looked beat up. I think the Texas High defense softened up Crosby for Liberty Hill. Crosby did not look dynamic and had no pep in their step. 

4. At least the game was decisive, Crosby did not get their heart broke like Liberty Hill did on the last play. 

32 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, the mouth breathers have to wait all the way until mid-December to start cracking jokes on our football program. 

Crosby does have a good football program that always seems to have a lot of talent but it’s your arrogant egotistical mouth breathing comments that you post that obviously has given Crosby the Mecca of Football label. So in other words you’ve contributed to the Mecca label. Just so you know it is a facetious label. I know your butthurt over the Slot-T Offense or as you’ve called it in the past a Dinosaur Offense embarrassing your team but the Crosby boys have a lot to be proud of this season. Go eat your Humble Pie.

3 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Crosby does have a good football program that always seems to have a lot of talent but it’s your arrogant egotistical mouth breathing comments that you post that obviously has given Crosby the Mecca of Football label. So in other words you’ve contributed to the Mecca label. Just so you know it is a facetious label. I know your butthurt over the Slot-T Offense or as you’ve called it in the past a Dinosaur Offense embarrassing your team but the Crosby boys have a lot to be proud of this season. Go eat your Humble Pie.

You can’t use mouth breathing clown, 14.2 already broke that one out on you, but obviously your IQ is where it is because you are who you are!

8 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

1. Congrats to Liberty Hill for making it to state!

2. Congrats to Crosby on a region title and a great season!

3. Crosby looked beat up. I think the Texas High defense softened up Crosby for Liberty Hill. Crosby did not look dynamic and had no pep in their step. 

4. At least the game was decisive, Crosby did not get their heart broke like Liberty Hill did on the last play. 

Man something was off and that game last week was physical, it was on one side of the ball though.  Defense played well enough to win, but the better team last night won for sure.  It’ll be interesting to watch next weeks matchup.

I’m not surprised that LH won, but I am surprised of the Crosby execution of the plays the last two weeks. All of the false starts committed by just about every lineman were killers and hard to make sense of. The depth at the skill positions are very shallow to and shouldn’t be with all of the blow outs Crosby had they should be deeper allowing playing time for the 2nd stringers. Anywho still a great season for the Coogs it just sucks to go out like that. 

58 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Great season Crosby!

is it me or did the offense seem out of whack? I never understood why Crosby wasn’t successful on the passing game. I wouldn’t think LH DB’s could cover Crosby WR?

#14 was dog tired playing both ways last night. You'd think they would give him a break on defense to use him more on offense. They needed him there more. 

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Man something was off and that game last week was physical, it was on one side of the ball though.  Defense played well enough to win, but the better team last night won for sure.  It’ll be interesting to watch next weeks matchup.

I think yall just got worn down. Plus LH playing style is tough to go against. 

3 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

#14 was dog tired playing both ways last night. You'd think they would give him a break on defense to use him more on offense. They needed him there more. 

I would say last night on offense was the first time all year I thought maybe they tried forcing the ball to him, with all the sweeps and stuff.  The young man gives it his all though every game, he’s gonna be missed.

5 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

I would say last night on offense was the first time all year I thought maybe they tried forcing the ball to him, with all the sweeps and stuff.  The young man gives it his all though every game, he’s gonna be missed.

They should have kept forcing the ball to him. They just should have taken him off defense. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Has LH faced a team like SOC? It works both ways. 

Sure it does, but no one is posting/implying that LH is a sure thing while several post have implied SOC is.  And if SOC is virtually a sure thing, what could be the one Achilles Heel?  A new offense.  

Looked at highlights on Hudl. That Crosby defense looked exhausted in just about every clip I saw. 

I don't think you can say holding them to 35 should be good enough. They needed to hold Texas High to what, 7 points?

You have to hold them to whatever you need to hold them to and that Crosby defense was too exhausted to get the stop when they needed to.

Nothing to hang your head about Cougars, you had another great season and will make another deep run next year. Liberty Hill is the Godfather of the Slot-T and no one comes close to running it like them. They also have emotion on their side and I think they are still playing for their late coach.  They are the team that Slot-T teams try the best to emulate and that's actually where Vidor learned the offense over a decade ago,  we just took changed the series numbers by 100 in the playbook. We used to play call more like LH but have quickly declined  in that aspect.  I really wish you guys would've beat beat them because it's gonna make our coaches keep this offense for another eternity . Not that's it's not a decent offense but it's just that I'm frankly sick of watching it. I think we could of learned any offense just as well ,  if not better if we had given it the same amount of time. I don't buy the fact that we can't throw the ball because teams with similar  and even less talent make the transition in relatively short periods of time but  I digress. I support all the local teams despite who they are or what style of play they use.

KEEP YOUR HEAD HIGH COUGS . Code Red will be back next year and once again will be the last one standing from our local districts

52 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Sure it does, but no one is posting/implying that LH is a sure thing while several post have implied SOC is.  And if SOC is virtually a sure thing, what could be the one Achilles Heel?  A new offense.  

Hagar, my friend, very little thought LH had a chance against Crosby either.  But...

22 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Hagar, my friend, very little thought LH had a chance against Crosby either.  But...

Took my first look at SOC.  Only loss to 6A Duncanville.  They look unbeatable in 5A-D2.  LH on the other hand, lost to 4A LBJ, so the only chance I see is their offense.  The question seems even more legitimate the more I look.  Just looking at Crosby vs LH, Crosby looked the winner, as you said, but LH pulled it off.  It’ll take a super effort against SOC, but…….. not even sure that’ll do it.  If SOC can defend the LH offense, this game will get real ugly, real early.