10 4A D1 All District Team

WOSdrummer99

5 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Not sure how matthews got coach of the year over peevy. I respectfully disagree.

Playoffs not a factor in this one. Think it was voted on by the coaches at the end of the regular season. He could get coach of the year for the entire state for the turnaround in bear country. I think he won it before at WB after their loss in the championship game. 

17 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

The COY choice could've went either way, imo. Peevey had a really impressive turnaround and Mathews pulled off a few crazy last minute wins all season.

nah, this award was hands down peevey's with or without the playoffs.  The bears went 1-7 last year.  they were 8-2 at the time this award was decided this year.  Results from the playoffs only make it more obvious.  

40 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

nah, this award was hands down peevey's with or without the playoffs.  The bears went 1-7 last year.  they were 8-2 at the time this award was decided this year.  Results from the playoffs only make it more obvious.  

Nah....peevey lost to The Coach of the Year!!

The whole District improved.  LCM had a great run.  Vidor lost their first game by 5 to the improved 4th place finisher, Chapel Hill, who’s in the State Semi-Finals.  Huffman & Lumberton made a good account of themselves before falling to Kilgore & Lindale.  I look for the whole District to improve again next year.  The four teams going forward in 2022 will be formidable.

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

The whole District improved.  LCM had a great run.  Vidor lost their first game by 5 to the improved 4th place finisher, Chapel Hill, who’s in the State Semi-Finals.  Huffman & Lumberton made a good account of themselves before falling to Kilgore & Lindale.  I look for the whole District to improve again next year.  The four teams going forward in 2022 will be formidable.

I have a feeling the district may have bonus matchups after the regular season is over next year.